Forum list. Calendar Articles, reviews and editorials. Pictures Listen to music and watch videos. See a listing of our DJ's / Producers.
Join our community and access additional features.Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences.View a list of our members.Answers to some frequently asked questions about using the message board.SearchFind all of the latest posts since your latest visit.Private messagingLog out of the message board Make the board look like a Word document Switch to layout optimized for mobile phones
Username: Password: 

Pages (2):   1 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Groovanauts.com > Content > Party Reviews > Groovanauts Party @ Shelter Review!
Author

Twitter Facebook MySpace Digg
Post New Thread   
Wazup8012
The Machine!

Find other members from United States   This member is single. To change your relationship status, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences. This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.
Top 10 List: < click >

Groovanauts Party @ Shelter Review!

Wow what a great night. Had a good 50 people there or more. Most of them were good friends. It didn't rain 'till 4am. It wasn't that hot.

The guy doing the visuals was great and in his own little world.

Drew ripped up everything. WOW, what an amazing set. I have heard good ass Electro like that in ages. It was amazing.

Danny play great as well, but a little bit more on the chill side.

To conclude, what a great night with good friends and a good vibe. Look forward to the next.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Click Here to See the Profile for Wazup8012 Click here to Send Wazup8012 a Private Message Find more posts by Wazup8012 Add Wazup8012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
Dreas
Andrew Vogt

Find other members from United States   This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

Re: Groovanauts Party @ Shelter Review!

Originally posted by Wazup8012

Drew ripped up everything. WOW, what an amazing set. I have heard good ass Electro like that in ages. It was amazing.

Thanks Adam and everyone that was involved. That was by far the best party there so far. Glad everyone enjoyed the music. Next Saturday is the last roof party for this summer so if u enjoyed any of these parties so far , come out one more time.

Check out my mix- http://media.groovanauts.com/media/Local%20Talent/Andrew%20Vogt/Andrew%20Vogt%20April%202006%20mix.mp3

Last edited by Dreas on 08-22-2005 at 12:49 PM

Click Here to See the Profile for Dreas Click here to Send Dreas a Private Message Visit Dreas's homepage! Find more posts by Dreas Add Dreas to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
Sara2214
Excited for WMC 09!

Find other members from Greece   This member is a f. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

Nice meeting you and chilling with you Andrew! Same to you Adam!!

It was a fun party. We got there at 11 and changed/recoupe in the bathroom after CP. Rooftop is cool. Sound level just seemed to be going up and down - were their issues? The main room/2nd floor was really cool too. And again, I saw Andrew dancing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great seeing everyone and I am glad Liz came and joined us! Things started out mellow/normal and then got progressivly more blurry/silly/crazy/drunken. I just know I ended up doing katas with jamiroguy, and a full salsa routine with Leandro. Oy! Can't wait to see Yosras pics! (But not the booby one Yosra)! Great chilling with everyone!! Good to see Lauren/Mike - we had some random convos. Good to see Illilcia too and some others who didn't go to CP.
Such a fun night altogether - PvD was great and Shelter was just a blast.

"Sometimes, we need to listen to our heads rather than our hearts because our hearts leap before they look." [/I]

"Actions speak louder than words."

www.hidden-recordings.com

Last edited by Sara2214 on 08-22-2005 at 10:39 AM

Click Here to See the Profile for Sara2214 Click here to Send Sara2214 a Private Message Visit Sara2214's homepage! Find more posts by Sara2214 Add Sara2214 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
TottallyOff
Why is a raven like a writing desk?

Find other members from Zimbabwe   This member is single. To change your relationship status, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

I've heard otherwise.....

Vote for Michael Sky on DJ List

Michael Sky's blog

Love is a perky elf dancing a merry little jig and then suddenly he turns on you with a miniature machine gun.

Love is like a snowmobile flying over the frozen tundra that suddenly flips, pinning you underneath. At night the ice weasles come.

DON'T GIVE ME THAT, YOU SNOTTY-FACED HEAP OF PARROT DROPPINGS! SHUT YOUR FESTERING GOB, YOU TIT! YOUR TYPE REALLY MAKES ME PUKE, YOU VACUOUS, COFFEE-NOSED, MALODEROUS, PERVERT!!!

Buy it, use it, break it, fix it, trash it, hange it, melt - upgrade it, charge it, pawn it, zoom it, press it, snap it, work it, quick - erase it, write it, get it, paste it, save it, load it, check it, quick - rewrite it, plug it, play it, burn it, rip it, drag and drop it, zip - unzip it, lock it, fill it, curl it, find it, view it, curl it, jam - unlock it, surf it, scroll it, pose it, click it, cross it, crack it, twitch - update it, name it, read it, tune it, print it, scan it, send it, fax - rename it, touch it, bring it, obey it, watch it, turn it, leave it, stop - format it.

Click Here to See the Profile for TottallyOff Click here to Send TottallyOff a Private Message Visit TottallyOff's homepage! Find more posts by TottallyOff Add TottallyOff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
Lust-E
DeathRow

Find other members from Germany   This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

Sorry we missed it, we were really effed up and shot after the heat, humidity, and dancing from Central Park. Our clothes were completely soaked through with sweat and we just couldn't dance anymore. So we hopped a cab back to Astoria and chilled, Dave, Mark, and Seyward swung by around 3am for a little afterparty which we needed. But can't wait to see the pics, i'm sure the party was great.

Here we are now...Entertain us!

Click Here to See the Profile for Lust-E Click here to Send Lust-E a Private Message Find more posts by Lust-E Add Lust-E to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
Sara2214
Excited for WMC 09!

Find other members from Greece   This member is a f. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

Originally posted by TottallyOff
I've heard otherwise.....
Otherwise than what?

"Sometimes, we need to listen to our heads rather than our hearts because our hearts leap before they look." [/I]

Click Here to See the Profile for Sara2214 Click here to Send Sara2214 a Private Message Visit Sara2214's homepage! Find more posts by Sara2214 Add Sara2214 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
TottallyOff
Why is a raven like a writing desk?

Find other members from Zimbabwe   This member is single. To change your relationship status, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

from what 'Wazup8012' said.

Vote for Michael Sky on DJ List

Michael Sky's blog

Love is a perky elf dancing a merry little jig and then suddenly he turns on you with a miniature machine gun.

Love is like a snowmobile flying over the frozen tundra that suddenly flips, pinning you underneath. At night the ice weasles come.

DON'T GIVE ME THAT, YOU SNOTTY-FACED HEAP OF PARROT DROPPINGS! SHUT YOUR FESTERING GOB, YOU TIT! YOUR TYPE REALLY MAKES ME PUKE, YOU VACUOUS, COFFEE-NOSED, MALODEROUS, PERVERT!!!

Buy it, use it, break it, fix it, trash it, hange it, melt - upgrade it, charge it, pawn it, zoom it, press it, snap it, work it, quick - erase it, write it, get it, paste it, save it, load it, check it, quick - rewrite it, plug it, play it, burn it, rip it, drag and drop it, zip - unzip it, lock it, fill it, curl it, find it, view it, curl it, jam - unlock it, surf it, scroll it, pose it, click it, cross it, crack it, twitch - update it, name it, read it, tune it, print it, scan it, send it, fax - rename it, touch it, bring it, obey it, watch it, turn it, leave it, stop - format it.

Click Here to See the Profile for TottallyOff Click here to Send TottallyOff a Private Message Visit TottallyOff's homepage! Find more posts by TottallyOff Add TottallyOff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
Sara2214
Excited for WMC 09!

Originally posted by TottallyOff
from what 'Wazup8012' said.

Ok...care to elaborate?

sanelif
guess where i found my avatar....

Find other members from United States   This member is a f. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

well, i had a great ol time.
i rolled in right when it was getting started, feeling like total ass and looking the part. i couldnt stand up for about an hour and had to conserve energy by closing my eyes while talking to people. after a little pick me up i think i did a complete 180 and had the most fun ever.
it was great seeing everyone out, it felt like home walking up there... and i havent laughed that hard in a while. there was alot of funny shit going on.
and dude.
the visuals....
look!!!! its a cat eating cat food! omg!

it can be roadkill bunny stew but so long as it doesnt beeep

Click Here to See the Profile for sanelif Click here to Send sanelif a Private Message Find more posts by sanelif Add sanelif to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
sanelif

Find other members from United States   This member is a f. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

oh, and old school dude spinning on his head?
fucking awesome dude.

it can be roadkill bunny stew but so long as it doesnt beeep

Click Here to See the Profile for sanelif Click here to Send sanelif a Private Message Find more posts by sanelif Add sanelif to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
NeoLite

Find other members from Italy   This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

Good party, at first I wasn’t thrilled that it was gonna be at shelter, but it turned out to be a very good night, being surround by friends and happy faces will always do the trick.

Got there around 10:45 with leandro, there was a line but we walked up to the front and got in right away, went straight up to the roof where pete was already spinning, said some quick hellos and got a drink from the open bar before it closed.

Panagiotis spun a great set, wish he could have played longer. There was a guy breaking dancing during his set who was insane, doing vertical push ups crazy!!! Pete was def pushing the sound limits up there, they made him & actually all the other DJs turn it down several times throughout the nite. Rooftop parties are always fun, but that’s the main drawback.

Andrew spun a nice set too, took him a few tracks to get into the groove but he def found it, he also did a really nice job closing it out. Dany played well also but was having some difficulties, understandable so since the phazon from downstairs was shaking the floor.

The visual guy … well he really was in his own world, and that’s all im gonna say about that

It was great seeing everyone together, there’s a lot of good group pics, which I will post some later. Happy Birthday to Pete & Ann again ... Annie glad you made it, we had some good discussions! Kermit made his yearly appearance & good to see a lot of the DC people up. Mike & Lauren you two are hilarious! Gina was a party pooper, she cant hang any more, so what u went to pvd the night before and then took a bus up to nyc to see him again with no sleep, thats no excuse!! j/k Met some more GN’er, send me a PM if I met you on Saturday nite, I was a little drunk and I want to make sure I get everyone straight!

Anyway Great nite & I drank to much, Thats it I'm giving up drinking again! …till next weekend that is!

"One thing I've learned from doing this, there's no drug like adrenaline."

Click Here to See the Profile for NeoLite Click here to Send NeoLite a Private Message Visit NeoLite's homepage! Find more posts by NeoLite Add NeoLite to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
NeoLite

Find other members from Italy   This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

Originally posted by sanelif

it was great seeing everyone out, it felt like home walking up there... and i havent laughed that hard in a while. there was alot of funny shit going on.

Yeah it really did feel good there, nice vibe!

and there really was a lot of funny shit going on that nite!

remember this:
"hey whats up, u look cute tonite"
"are you on fucking crack, i look like shit"

oh, and old school dude spinning on his head?
fucking awesome dude.

that dude was crazy!! but u should saw the moves i was pulling down stairs!!

Click Here to See the Profile for NeoLite Click here to Send NeoLite a Private Message Visit NeoLite's homepage! Find more posts by NeoLite Add NeoLite to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
sanelif

Originally posted by NeoLite
Yeah it really did feel good there, nice vibe!

and there really was a lot of funny shit going on that nite!

remember this:
"hey whats up, u look cute tonite"
"are you on fucking crack, i look like shit"

that dude was crazy!! but u should saw the moves i was pulling down stairs!!

dude.
me and jess decided going down those stairs was like walking through a haunted house.

so im assuming the 'moves' you 'pulled' was more like 'you' 'busting your ass'

NeoLite

dude.
me and jess decided going down those stairs was like walking through a haunted house.

so im assuming the 'moves' you 'pulled' was more like 'you' 'busting your ass'

yup, pretty much!!

littlelauren

Find other members from Philippines   This member is a f. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

i had a ton of fun w/ everyone @ shelter. i actually had more fun at the after party than PVD. it was pretty chill in the beginning but as the night progressed the loopier everyone got. i can't wait to see yosra's pics. Good seeing the usual suspects.

we're all nuts!!

Illicia (it was nice meeting you. thanks for letting me smell your armpits
Leandro - hopefully you & andrew will make his promised trip to DC sometime soon

"what is a jersey girl? shes humble but ambitious. shes independent but family oriented. she likes eating pizza, having great hair, and wearing lots of mascara, but dont think for a moment shes not sophisticated. jersey girls are about attitude. shes got a mouth on her. she says what she means. a jersey girl is crunchy on the outside and soft in the center. she has the tenacity and drive of a new yorker, but with the beauty of warmth and humility that being from jersey is all about. shes got a nice, cheerful laugh. shes spunky and witty, and she handles competition very well. shes got confidence. Whatever work she does, she gives it her all. bottom line: shes sexy as hell and if youre lucky, shes yours." --the star ledger

Click Here to See the Profile for littlelauren Click here to Send littlelauren a Private Message Find more posts by littlelauren Add littlelauren to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
Sara2214
Excited for WMC 09!

Also good seeing the newlyweds!

littlelauren

Find other members from Philippines   This member is a f. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

Originally posted by Sara2214

oh yeah! ditto

"what is a jersey girl? shes humble but ambitious. shes independent but family oriented. she likes eating pizza, having great hair, and wearing lots of mascara, but dont think for a moment shes not sophisticated. jersey girls are about attitude. shes got a mouth on her. she says what she means. a jersey girl is crunchy on the outside and soft in the center. she has the tenacity and drive of a new yorker, but with the beauty of warmth and humility that being from jersey is all about. shes got a nice, cheerful laugh. shes spunky and witty, and she handles competition very well. shes got confidence. Whatever work she does, she gives it her all. bottom line: shes sexy as hell and if youre lucky, shes yours." --the star ledger

Click Here to See the Profile for littlelauren Click here to Send littlelauren a Private Message Find more posts by littlelauren Add littlelauren to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
translucent
Webmaster
Lord of Laziness

Find other members from United States   This member is single. To change your relationship status, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences. This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

Guys, thank you for coming. The party turned out quite fun. Even the rain held off until right when the party ended. Perfect timing and a great way to end the night. Yosra, I wanna see those pics!

"Tresor never sleeps"

Click Here to See the Profile for translucent Click here to Send translucent a Private Message Visit translucent's homepage! Find more posts by translucent Add translucent to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
prplhz
World Series champs 04' & 07'

Originally posted by Sara2214

Who got married?

I'm walking in the garden of good and evil.

Click Here to See the Profile for prplhz Click here to Send prplhz a Private Message Find more posts by prplhz Add prplhz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
Sara2214
Excited for WMC 09!

Originally posted by prplhz
Who got married?

Pete (Pangnoitis on GN) and Aleghandra (sp) who is FE on GN.

prplhz
World Series champs 04' & 07'

WOW! Didn't know that, maybe I'm a little slow But congratulations to them

I'm walking in the garden of good and evil.

Click Here to See the Profile for prplhz Click here to Send prplhz a Private Message Find more posts by prplhz Add prplhz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
Sara2214
Excited for WMC 09!

Originally posted by prplhz
WOW! Didn't know that, maybe I'm a little slow But congratulations to them

Nope you aren't slow!! No one actually knew, lol!!

Sara2214
Excited for WMC 09!

Pics are up here

so funny!

leandro

Find other members from Argentina   This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

I'm gonna say it again, Very good party @ shelter. I had lots of fun meeting all of you. Thank you for introducing yourselves and hopefully we can see each other again.

DC <<< you are next!!!! Andrew and Me are going soon.

Salsa lessons are fun

Click Here to See the Profile for leandro Click here to Send leandro a Private Message Find more posts by leandro Add leandro to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
tiny butterfli

This member is a f. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

Originally posted by leandro
I'm gonna say it again, Very good party @ shelter. I had lots of fun meeting all of you. Thank you for introducing yourselves and hopefully we can see each other again.

DC <<< you are next!!!! Andrew and Me are going soon.

Salsa lessons are fun

it was nice to meet you too!

~midnight is where the day begins~

"We'll have a party to celebrate your Mexicality." - Michael to Oscar, The Office

Click Here to See the Profile for tiny butterfli Click here to Send tiny butterfli a Private Message Find more posts by tiny butterfli Add tiny butterfli to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote