Forum list. Calendar Articles, reviews and editorials. Pictures Listen to music and watch videos. See a listing of our DJ's / Producers.
Join our community and access additional features.Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences.View a list of our members.Answers to some frequently asked questions about using the message board.SearchFind all of the latest posts since your latest visit.Private messagingLog out of the message board Make the board look like a Word document Switch to layout optimized for mobile phones
Username: Password: 

Last Thread   Next Thread

Groovanauts.com > Music Forums > Electronic Music Downloads > New CD's 8-5-05
Author
Rate:
Thread Rating: 4 votes, 2.25 average.
Twitter Facebook MySpace Digg
Post New Thread   
Lust-E
DeathRow

Find other members from Germany   This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.
Top 10 List: < click >

Talking New CD's 8-5-05

Ok, so i'm looovin' the lusty iPod...it just rocks, but i still gotta put quality tunage in it....so the record store purchases will continue, they'll just be less frequent. Here's what i've picked up, feel free to post your own goodies....G

1. Damian Lazarus-Suck My Deck (dig his style, dig his beats)

2. Sasha-Fundacion (had to be done, even though the EM is better)

3. Two Lone Swordsman-From The Double Gone Chapel (long overdue purchase)

4. The Giraffes-Title Album (they rocked it opening for Local H on their last tour. Circus metal band)

5. The Features-Exhibit A (Scott Lucas of Local H luvs them, so i'll give them a shot)

6. De La Soul-3 Feet High and Rising (everyone should own this cd, especially if you wanna know where Outkast got their groove)

7. Bob Mould-Body of Song (the new album from a legend in the indie rock community)

8. The Ninth Gate-Sdtk (now i have the dvd, book, and cd....obsess much)

Here we are now...Entertain us!

Listening to: Prince-Greatest Hits

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Click Here to See the Profile for Lust-E Click here to Send Lust-E a Private Message Find more posts by Lust-E Add Lust-E to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
e_bomb
Monster of the Midway

Lust - I'll respond just so this gets at least 1.....but I'm telling you man, this is a dead thread. It must be re-titled or something. It needs a makeover of some sort.

Sorry

Click Here to See the Profile for e_bomb Click here to Send e_bomb a Private Message Find more posts by e_bomb Add e_bomb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
Lust-E
DeathRow

Find other members from Germany   This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

Originally posted by e_bomb
Lust - I'll respond just so this gets at least 1.....but I'm telling you man, this is a dead thread. It must be re-titled or something. It needs a makeover of some sort.

Sorry

...like i'd care! i intend to get the word out about good music whether people give a damn or not.

Click Here to See the Profile for Lust-E Click here to Send Lust-E a Private Message Find more posts by Lust-E Add Lust-E to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
tiny butterfli

This member is a f. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

Re: New CD's 8-5-05

Originally posted by Lust-E

6. De La Soul-3 Feet High and Rising (everyone should own this cd, especially if you wanna know where Outkast got their groove)

this cd is

~midnight is where the day begins~

"We'll have a party to celebrate your Mexicality." - Michael to Oscar, The Office

Click Here to See the Profile for tiny butterfli Click here to Send tiny butterfli a Private Message Find more posts by tiny butterfli Add tiny butterfli to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
e_bomb
Monster of the Midway

...like i'd care! i intend to get the word out about good music whether people give a damn or not.

I agree to get the good music out there.....but the "CD" is killing it.

If you saw a thread entitled "New Cassette Tapes de Mace 8/5/05" ......would you read it?

Click Here to See the Profile for e_bomb Click here to Send e_bomb a Private Message Find more posts by e_bomb Add e_bomb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
Lust-E
DeathRow

I agree to get the good music out there.....but the "CD" is killing it.

If you saw a thread entitled "New Cassette Tapes de Mace 8/5/05" ......would you read it?

Would new sets/new mp3's suit you? Bitch, this is my thread, and its about cd's, so talk about music or bounce yoself! punk!

e_bomb
Monster of the Midway

Would new sets/new mp3's suit you? Bitch, this is my thread, and its about cd's, so talk about music or bounce yoself! punk!

Consider me bounced - you'll find me in every other thread if you need me.

Metro

Find other members from England  

laydeeez ... keep it clean.

anyways:

smagghe suck my deck >> damien's effort. much tho i rate damien.
de la soul, like wtf how didja not have this album?

sasha

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Are you sure you don't want any? Aw go on, you'll have some. Go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on GO ON! Make your transition ...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Click Here to See the Profile for Metro Click here to Send Metro a Private Message Find more posts by Metro Add Metro to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
scratchapella
kill bunny

i like CDs! even though i have an ipod, i still buy CDs whenever i can.

there's something to buying a full album. . . the choice in songs, cover/album art, the order of tracks. allows for more artist appreciation. . . and for them, i think, more freedom to experiment, including those b-sideish songs alongside single hits. . . or "tell a story" with the order/compilation of songs. . . its sad how albums have been losing out to singles and mp3s. . .

*btw, i like lust-e's cd threads. . . keep buying dem cds!

Click Here to See the Profile for scratchapella Click here to Send scratchapella a Private Message Find more posts by scratchapella Add scratchapella to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
Lust-E
DeathRow

Originally posted by scratchapella

there's something to buying a full album. . . the choice in songs, cover/album art, the order of tracks. allows for more artist appreciation. . . and for them, i think, more freedom to experiment, including those b-sideish songs alongside single hits. . . or "tell a story" with the order/compilation of songs. . . its sad how albums have been losing out to singles and mp3s. . .

exactly!

rockyblue
head prone

Re: New CD's 8-5-05

7. Bob Mould-Body of Song (the new album from a legend in the indie rock community)

i'd love to hear your review of this...

and De La Soul is

"Reality is malleable, because veracity is determined subjectively" -Craig Stecyk

Click Here to See the Profile for rockyblue Click here to Send rockyblue a Private Message Visit rockyblue's homepage! Find more posts by rockyblue Add rockyblue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
aaron littles

Find other members from United States  

I like the weekly CD threads and would miss them if they stopped.

Click Here to See the Profile for aaron littles Click here to Send aaron littles a Private Message Find more posts by aaron littles Add aaron littles to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
Lust-E
DeathRow

thanx guys! when it rains, it pours, so here's some more....

1. FabricLive 23-Death in Vegas

2. Beck-Guero (lovin it so far)

3. The Postal Service-Give Up (thanks Dany )

Reviews to follow, but i'm just musically swamped right now, especially since i can't get Tom Vek and the new System of a Down off my iPod.

e_bomb
Monster of the Midway

Reviews to follow, but i'm just musically swamped right now, especially since i can't get TIESTO's Essential Mix off my iPod.

Locks have been changed!

IgorB
All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies

Find other members from Ukraine   This member is single. To change your relationship status, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences. This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

Originally posted by scratchapella

Keep 'em coming Greg

Click Here to See the Profile for IgorB Click here to Send IgorB a Private Message Find more posts by IgorB Add IgorB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
Lust-E
DeathRow

Locks have been changed!

more like posts have been changed!