Forum list. Calendar Articles, reviews and editorials. Pictures Listen to music and watch videos. See a listing of our DJ's / Producers.
Join our community and access additional features.Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences.View a list of our members.Answers to some frequently asked questions about using the message board.SearchFind all of the latest posts since your latest visit.Private messagingLog out of the message board Make the board look like a Word document Switch to layout optimized for mobile phones
Username: Password: 

Pages (4):   1 2 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Groovanauts.com > Everything Else > Sports > ***OFFICIAL*** 2012 MLB Season Thread
Author

Twitter Facebook MySpace Digg
Post New Thread   
domjuan
“Yes, we can!” has devolved into “Hey, we might.”

Find other members from Italy   This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.
Top 10 List: < click >

***OFFICIAL*** 2012 MLB Season Thread

AJ is gone!!!!!!!!!! Yanks rotation is stacked, payroll went down again, loving the fiscally responsible Yanks of this decade.

Money Driven, Anal Lover, Yankee Fan, Cowboy up & I Ride w/ the Heat!! I'm a relentless & persistent animal my desire is to be the worlds greatest. - me

“Liberalism is a mental disorder" ~MIKE SAVAGE

“I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee.”
Joe DiMaggio

Them that governs least, governs best- Thomas Jefferson

“The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”
- Thomas Jefferson

Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. - General George Patton Jr

I love my wife & my life.

"I am an Animal Rescuer. My work is never done, my home is never quiet, my wallet is always empty...but my heart is always full." Annette King-Tucker

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. ARMED FORCES don't have that problem."

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
3- Check in with Domjuan's secretary to see what hes up to for the day.
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
5- Master-bate to pics of Cindy Sheehan
6 - Spread innovative thinking that failed 25 years ago in Europe.
7- Burn an American flag
8- Spew out racist remarks to anybody that isn't a tree-huger like himself.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Click Here to See the Profile for domjuan Click here to Send domjuan a Private Message Visit domjuan's homepage! Find more posts by domjuan Add domjuan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
domjuan

Find other members from Italy   This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

Say it aint so, MO...

Money Driven, Anal Lover, Yankee Fan, Cowboy up & I Ride w/ the Heat!! I'm a relentless & persistent animal my desire is to be the worlds greatest. - me

Joe DiMaggio

“The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”
- Thomas Jefferson

"I am an Animal Rescuer. My work is never done, my home is never quiet, my wallet is always empty...but my heart is always full." Annette King-Tucker

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. ARMED FORCES don't have that problem."

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
7- Burn an American flag

Click Here to See the Profile for domjuan Click here to Send domjuan a Private Message Visit domjuan's homepage! Find more posts by domjuan Add domjuan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
domjuan

WHATS THE OVER/UNDER FOR THE SOX THIS YEAR 105?

Joe DiMaggio

- Thomas Jefferson

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
7- Burn an American flag

domjuan

1 month to Yankees opening day!!

Joe DiMaggio

- Thomas Jefferson

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
7- Burn an American flag

domjuan

Welcome back Mr. Pettite.

Joe DiMaggio

- Thomas Jefferson

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
7- Burn an American flag

vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

Find other members from Mexico   This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

scroll to the 25 second mark and listen to the audio until about the 1:20 mark.

vicman ~ fastest in all of mexico

NOW LISTENING TO:

Flight 643 (Oroginal Mix) - Tiesto ~~~ EPIC!!!

That Look - DeLacy (Tsettos & Santana mix) - Denny Tsettos ~~~ MASSIVE!!!

Let The Sun Shine (JP Remix) - Fifth Dimension ~~~ FIERCE!!!

Air For Life (System F redub) - Andy Moore and Above and Beyond ~~~ MAGICAL!!!

When Epicness is Missing From Your Life - EPICRX IS THERE FOR YOU. RECOMMENDED AND ENDORSED BY ANDY MOORE.

"I don't feel old. I don't feel anything till noon. That's when it's time for my nap." ~ Andy 'muthafokin' Moore

"When I need my weather, there is only one place I turn to: EPIC Weather. On the Weather Channel." ~ Andy 'muthafokin' Moore

Lets watch Dom promise joining the Armed Forces, then back out 5 minutes later.

DOM:
I would be willing to enlist, unlike you, point proven .I said it in 2001 and my stance hasn't changed, If somebody attacks American on our soil and gets on tv or net and says come get us you Yankee p*ssies. I would join the military in 2 seconds.

Al-Qaeda isnt a country moron. They are a global organizations of scumbags.

First of all bin ladon didn't take credit for attacks in 2001, he denied it until 2004. When was he elected president of Afghanistan?2000?If so hes had a great 11 run so far... Considering hes been rumored to be in Pakistan for years, he doesn't fit into either of my criteria's.

Dom's daily to do list:

1- Kiss his "wife" on his way out of his house
2- Blame everything on Obama
3- Give no credit to Obama, even when Bin Laden, al-Awlaki, and Gaddafi were taken care of
3- Dump all his work on his secretary
4- Twitter, facebook for 2 hours
5- Post on Yankee/Jets/Knicks blogs
6 - Read conservative blogs and watch Fox
7- Select items from said sources that he lift and pass on as his own
8- Get schooled on his ignorance everyday
9- Spray tan so he's ready to club 24/7/365 for the next epic party that he will attend

Click Here to See the Profile for vicman Click here to Send vicman a Private Message Find more posts by vicman Add vicman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
Lust-E
DeathRow

Find other members from Germany   This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

AL East is stacked. Every team in that division will be drained by October and primed for a 1st round upset. You heard it here first.

Here we are now...Entertain us!

Click Here to See the Profile for Lust-E Click here to Send Lust-E a Private Message Find more posts by Lust-E Add Lust-E to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
bxbomb
VIC....WHERES THE LINK ?!?!?

Find other members from United States  

Originally posted by Lust-E
AL East is stacked. Every team in that division will be drained by October and primed for a 1st round upset. You heard it here first.

look who makes a comeback in the beisbol thread ....havnt heard from ya since the great collapse

and yeh i agree once again the al east is a beast .....

Click Here to See the Profile for bxbomb Click here to Send bxbomb a Private Message Find more posts by bxbomb Add bxbomb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
domjuan

Sox really loaded up in the off-season... The 2 teams ahead improved, but management decided a downgrade a closer would be a big enough shakeup to get over the top? .

Seattle and and a's offenses looked dreadful last night, they should be a feeding ground for the big in the AL (texas, angels, yanks , rays. tigers)

Joe DiMaggio

- Thomas Jefferson

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
7- Burn an American flag

Last edited by domjuan on 03-29-2012 at 02:03 PM

Lust-E
DeathRow

Find other members from Germany   This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

Originally posted by bxbomb
look who makes a comeback in the beisbol thread ....havnt heard from ya since the great collapse

I was out of the country during the collapse

Sox will be fine, they are loaded offensively and deep.

Click Here to See the Profile for Lust-E Click here to Send Lust-E a Private Message Find more posts by Lust-E Add Lust-E to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
bxbomb
VIC....WHERES THE LINK ?!?!?

Find other members from United States  

Originally posted by Lust-E
I was out of the country during the collapse

Sox will be fine, they are loaded offensively and deep.

i agree the bats are there that staff ..not so much

Click Here to See the Profile for bxbomb Click here to Send bxbomb a Private Message Find more posts by bxbomb Add bxbomb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
domjuan

Originally posted by bxbomb
i agree the bats are there that staff ..not so much

Best 3rd place team money can buy.

Joe DiMaggio

- Thomas Jefferson

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
7- Burn an American flag

Last edited by domjuan on 04-02-2012 at 06:39 PM

domjuan

The last six times Kentucky has won the championship the Yankees have won the World Series in the same year. Just a little food for thought today.

Joe DiMaggio

- Thomas Jefferson

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
7- Burn an American flag

domjuan

Andrew Bailey headed to surgery, TOUGH BREAK .

Joe DiMaggio

- Thomas Jefferson

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
7- Burn an American flag

domjuan

I think the Sox miss the playoffs for the third straight year.

Joe DiMaggio

- Thomas Jefferson

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
7- Burn an American flag

domjuan

DIFFERENT YEAR....SAME SOX!

Joe DiMaggio

- Thomas Jefferson

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
7- Burn an American flag

domjuan

Yankees’ Derek Jeter is the MLB leader in jersey sales
PUBLISHED Thursday, Apr 5, 2012 at 2:40 pm EDT

New York Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter, who joined the 3,000-hit club last summer, led the majors in jersey sales during the 2011 calendar year, Major League Baseball and the MLB Players Association announced Thursday.

Jeter was one of four Yankees to make the top 20, and the Philadelphia Phillies also had four.

Players from 11 different teams made the list, and seven players (Robinson Cano, Carl Crawford, David Freese, Adrian Gonzalez, Hunter Pence, Mariano Rivera, Justin Verlander) broke into the top 20 last year.

Twelve of the players were All-Stars in 2011 and 14 played for teams that reached the postseason.
The top 20

1. Derek Jeter, New York Yankees

2. Cliff Lee, Philadelphia Phillies

3. Albert Pujols, Los Angeles Angels

4. Josh Hamilton, Texas Rangers

5. Roy Halladay, Philadelphia Phillies

6. Tim Lincecum, San Francisco Giants

7. Dustin Pedroia, Boston Red Sox

8. Ryan Braun, Milwaukee Brewers

9. Hunter Pence, Philadelphia Phillies

10. Buster Posey, San Francisco Giants

11. Chase Utley, Philadelphia Phillies

12. Joe Mauer, Minnesota Twins

13. Justin Verlander, Detroit Tigers

14. Adrian Gonzalez, Boston Red Sox

15. Alex Rodriguez, New York Yankees

16. Ian Kinsler, Texas Rangers

17. Robinson Cano, New York Yankees

18. Mariano Rivera, New York Yankees

19. Carl Crawford, Boston Red Sox

20. David Freese, St. Louis Cardinals

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/mlb/story/2012-04-05/derek-jeter-jersey-sales-albert-pujols-cliff-lee-josh-hamilton-roy-halladay#ixzz1rHAgtWzY

Joe DiMaggio

- Thomas Jefferson

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
7- Burn an American flag

domjuan

Red sox are 7-23 in their last 30 games played not including spring training.

Joe DiMaggio

- Thomas Jefferson

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
7- Burn an American flag

domjuan

attn-greg, what you missed while away. some historic stuff

Red Sox numbers tell ugly tale
Updated: September 29, 2011, 11:02 PM ET
By Jeremy Lundblad | ESPNBoston.com

Red Sox/Rays GraphicESPN.com
Nine. Of all the numbers that describe the disastrous September of the Boston Red Sox, most will remember nine. That's how many games the Tampa Bay Rays trailed Boston in the AL wild-card race going into Sept. 4.

[
yThe Red Sox had been 89-0 in games in which they led in the ninth inning or later before Jonathan Papelbon took the loss in Wednesday's season finale.

Boston's subsequent September collapse goes down as the worst in major league history, edging a simultaneous faltering by the Atlanta Braves, who held an 8½-game lead over the St. Louis Cardinals for the NL wild card that they couldn't hold.

While nine might live on, there are plenty of other numbers that put Boston's collapse into context.

According to CoolStandings.com, the Red Sox had a 99.6 percent chance at making the postseason when they woke up on Sept. 4. Based on their formula, there have only been two teams with a better percent chance at the postseason on that date who came up short: 1951 Dodgers and 1995 Angels.

On Wednesday night at about 10:22, Boston's odds of playing another day were even higher. At that point, the Rays trailed the New York Yankees 7-0 going into the bottom of the eighth inning. That gave them a win probability of 0.58 percent. That doesn't even take into account the fact that the Yankees had won 925 straight games with a lead of seven or more runs in the eighth inning or later, according to Elias. (Last loss? 1953!)

At that same time, the Red Sox were still stuck in a rain delay. But up 3-2, they had a 60.0 percent chance of winning the game.

Putting those two pieces together, at 10:22, the Red Sox had a 99.8 percent chance of at least playing in a one-game tiebreaker on Thursday, according to ESPN analytics specialist Alok Pattani. In other words, at that point in time, there was a 1-in-431 chance that the Red Sox's season would end that night.

Lowest Red Sox Win Pct in a Month Since World War II (min. 15 games)
W-L Win Pct
August 1964 7-22 .241
September 2011 7-20 .259
September 1952 7-20 .259
April 1996 7-19 .269
The Red Sox didn't just have a bad month in comparison to the rest of season. Boston's September woes were historically bad by any measure. In fact, it was the Red Sox's worst full month of baseball in 47 years. At 7-20, their .259 winning percentage was the lowest in a month of at least 15 games by a Red Sox team since August 1964. They finished that month 7-22 (.241) and averaged just 2.9 runs per game.

But rather than winning 90 games, as Boston did in 2011, that 1964 team lost 90. Just how long ago was it? Johnny Pesky managed that team. At 44, he was eight years younger than Terry Francona is now. Pesky is now 92.

The Red Sox matched a franchise-record with 20 losses in the month of September. That also happened in 1952, a month in which Ted Williams was limited to six games because of military service.

More On The Red Sox

Gordon Edes and the rest of the ESPNBoston.com team have the Red Sox covered for you. Blog

The Elias Sports Bureau dug up some even more amazing historical context. The 2011 team tied a major league record for most losses from Sept. 1 to the end of the season by a team that entered the month in first place. In 1914, the New York Giants started the month in first and closed out the season with a 21-20 record. So it took them 14 more games than Boston to reach 20 losses.

The Red Sox went through the entire month of September without winning back-to-back games. In fact, you have to go back to a doubleheader sweep of Oakland on Aug. 27 to find the last time Boston posted consecutive wins. According to Elias, that span of 30 games without back-to-back wins was the longest for the franchise since 1979.

Quite simply, the Red Sox's starting rotation had its worst month -- ever. The 7.08 ERA is the highest in franchise history in a month with at least 20 games. The previous mark occurred in August 1997, when the Red Sox had assembled a patchwork rotation in between the Roger Clemens and Pedro Martinez eras.

Highest Red Sox Starters ERA in a Calendar Month (min. 20 games)
September 2011 7.08
August 1997 7.02
June 1996 6.95
July 1940 6.58
>> Source: Elias Sports Bureau

The seven starters used by the Red Sox combined to go 4-13 and managed only five quality starts. Things were particularly bleak at Fenway: 3-7, 7.21 ERA.

Just how unreliable were the starters? Alfredo Aceves didn't start a game all month, and still finished second on the team in innings pitched in September.

The bullpen had a comparatively acceptable 4.45 ERA during the month. Overall, the pitching staff's 5.84 ERA was the highest ever for a Red Sox team in September. It was also Boston's highest in any month since June 1994 (5.88).

Daniel Bard had the most unfortunate month on a staff of dismal performances. He finished September 0-4 with a 10.64 ERA, issuing more walks (nine) than he had in the previous three months combined (eight). Based on win probability added (WPA), the player most responsible for Boston's collapse was Bard, followed by Jarrod Saltalamacchia.

He's the first Red Sox pitcher to lose four games in relief in a month since Derek Lowe's disastrous April 2001. It's been much longer since a Red Sox reliever lost four games in September: Ellis Kinder in 1955. It was the last hurrah with the Sox for Kinder, who once finished in the top five of the MVP voting for Boston. The Cardinals plucked him off waivers in the offseason.

If Bard had the ugliest September on the staff, Andrew Miller wasn't far behind. Consider that Kyle Weiland, who essentially took Miller's spot in the rotation, posted an 8.53 ERA in four starts. As bad as that was, it was still an improvement over Miller.

Highest September ERA, Red Sox Since World War II (min. 10 IP)
ERA Year
Andrew Miller 11.70 2011
Jack Lamabe 10.80 1964
Daniel Bard 10.64 2011
Ray Scarborough 10.57 1951

Right-handed batters posted a .548 on-base percentage against Miller, who only threw 50 percent strikes against them.

His 11.70 ERA is the highest for a Red Sox pitcher in September (minimum 10 innings) in the post-World War II era. That distinction previously went to Jack Lamabe's 10.80 ERA in 1964. Bard's 10.64 ERA this month winds up third on the list. That both Bard and Miller pitched double-digit innings despite their struggles is a clear indictment of the lack of pitching depth.

It's easy to blame a rotation that posted a 7.08 ERA or a bullpen that accounted for seven losses. After all, the offense scored more runs (146) than it did in two more games in August (143), while hitting .280. However, those numbers are skewed from a few offensive outbursts. In their seven wins, the Red Sox scored 81 runs (11.6 per game). In the 20 losses? Just 65 runs (3.3 per game). In eight of those losses, the offense managed two runs or fewer.

Pitching and injuries are the easiest scapegoats for Boston's disastrous month. However, the Red Sox also did themselves no favors with their defense, committing an MLB-high 26 errors. Compare that to just 66 errors in their first 135 games. On top of its historically high ERA, the team also allowed 14 unearned runs in September, tied for the fourth most in the majors.

Even amidst the disheartening April start and the torturous September, the Red Sox could count on maintaining a ninth-inning lead. According to Elias, Boston was 89-0 this season in games in which it led in the ninth inning or later. That is, until Wednesday.

Jeremy Lundblad is a senior researcher with ESPN Stats & Information. He provides statistical analysis for ESPNBoston.com.

Joe DiMaggio

- Thomas Jefferson

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
7- Burn an American flag

domjuan

1998 YANKEES started 0-3

Joe DiMaggio

- Thomas Jefferson

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
7- Burn an American flag

Lust-E
DeathRow

Originally posted by domjuan
attn-greg, what you missed while away. some historic stuff

Was it more historic than the Yankees blowing a 3-0 lead in the AL Championship Series in 2004?

Didn't think so....

domjuan

Boston Red Sox Can Collapse Again in 2012 but Not Pay the Price
By
Harold Friend
(Senior Writer) on March 2, 2012

Not even Atlanta Braves fans are more excited and relieved than the Boston Red Sox fans at the fact that baseball's commander along with the moguls he oversees, have added a second wild card to each league.

The Red Sox produced one of the greatest collapses in baseball history last season, which culminated when the Baltimore Orioles scored twice in the bottom of the ninth inning to end the Red Sox season.

Some fans argue that the Red Sox 2011 debacle was worse than the New York Yankees travesty in the 2004 ALCS.

On Sept. 3, the Red Sox had a 99.6 percent chance of making the playoffs. They led the Tampa Bay Rays by nine games.

Nate Silver of the New York Times wrote that entering the last two days of the season, the Red Sox, now tied with Tampa, had the advantage because they would play the lowly Baltimore Orioles while Tampa hosted the Yankees.

We all know how that worked out.

Red Sox fans can take solace in knowing that last season's collapse ranks as only the second or third greatest ever.

Baseball Prospectus concluded that the 1995 California Angels produced the worst collapse in history.

The team known today as the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim had two nine-game losing streaks down the stretch. They had an incredible 99.988 percent chance of making the playoffs after games of August 20th.

The 1951 Brooklyn Dodgers played well down the stretch, but the surging New York Giants caught them to force a three-game playoff. The Dodgers chances of winning the pennant were 384-1.

Most (many?) Yankees fans rank the 2004 ALCS defeat as worse than the 2011 Boston collapse, but they are wrong. Red Sox fans are forced to agree. Just follow the logic.

In 2011, the Red Sox collapse prevented post-season play.

In 2004, the Yankees collapse prevented World Series play.

A loss that prevents making the playoffs is worse than a loss that prevents getting to the World Series because at least the team has achieved a playoff berth.

Oh, what a difference a year makes. If there had been a second wild card in 2011, the Red Sox would have been in the playoffs.

Yankees fans rank the 2004 ALCS defeat as worse than the 2011 Boston collapse, but they are wrong. Red Sox fans are forced to agree. Just follow the logic. In 2011, the Red Sox collapse prevented post-season play. In 2004, the Yankees collapse prevented World Series play. A loss that prevents making the playoffs is worse than a loss that prevents getting to the World Series because at least the team has achieved a playoff berth. Oh, what a difference a year makes. If there had been a second wild card in 2011, the Red Sox would have been in the playoffs.

2 best players confirmed juicers as well, softens the blow losing to a tainted team.

Joe DiMaggio

- Thomas Jefferson

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
7- Burn an American flag

Last edited by domjuan on 04-11-2012 at 09:13 AM

domjuan

red Sox pen... NOPE.

Joe DiMaggio

- Thomas Jefferson

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
7- Burn an American flag

domjuan

Al east- Yankees
central- tigers
west- texas

wc#1 angels
wc#2 rays

alcs- yanks/tigers

yanks win

nl philly

Yanks win #28

Joe DiMaggio

- Thomas Jefferson

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
7- Burn an American flag

domjuan

Originally posted by domjuan
Red sox are 7-23 in their last 30 games played not including spring training.

8-27 #doom

Joe DiMaggio

- Thomas Jefferson

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
7- Burn an American flag