Forum list. Calendar Articles, reviews and editorials. Pictures Listen to music and watch videos. See a listing of our DJ's / Producers.
Join our community and access additional features.Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences.View a list of our members.Answers to some frequently asked questions about using the message board.SearchFind all of the latest posts since your latest visit.Private messagingLog out of the message board Make the board look like a Word document Switch to layout optimized for mobile phones
Username: Password: 

Pages (8):   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Groovanauts.com > Everything Else > Sports > ***OFFICIAL*** 2011-12 NBA SEASON Thread
Author

Twitter Facebook MySpace Digg
Post New Thread   
vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

Find other members from Mexico   This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.
Top 10 List: < click >

Thumbs up ***OFFICIAL*** 2011-12 NBA SEASON Thread

CBA signed.

Free agency starts.

NBA sticks their foot in their ass with the nixing on Paul's trade to the Lakers. I smell Hornets contraction.

vicman ~ fastest in all of mexico

NOW LISTENING TO:

Flight 643 (Oroginal Mix) - Tiesto ~~~ EPIC!!!

That Look - DeLacy (Tsettos & Santana mix) - Denny Tsettos ~~~ MASSIVE!!!

Let The Sun Shine (JP Remix) - Fifth Dimension ~~~ FIERCE!!!

Air For Life (System F redub) - Andy Moore and Above and Beyond ~~~ MAGICAL!!!

When Epicness is Missing From Your Life - EPICRX IS THERE FOR YOU. RECOMMENDED AND ENDORSED BY ANDY MOORE.

"I don't feel old. I don't feel anything till noon. That's when it's time for my nap." ~ Andy 'muthafokin' Moore

"When I need my weather, there is only one place I turn to: EPIC Weather. On the Weather Channel." ~ Andy 'muthafokin' Moore

Lets watch Dom promise joining the Armed Forces, then back out 5 minutes later.

DOM:
I would be willing to enlist, unlike you, point proven .I said it in 2001 and my stance hasn't changed, If somebody attacks American on our soil and gets on tv or net and says come get us you Yankee p*ssies. I would join the military in 2 seconds.

Al-Qaeda isnt a country moron. They are a global organizations of scumbags.

First of all bin ladon didn't take credit for attacks in 2001, he denied it until 2004. When was he elected president of Afghanistan?2000?If so hes had a great 11 run so far... Considering hes been rumored to be in Pakistan for years, he doesn't fit into either of my criteria's.

Dom's daily to do list:

1- Kiss his "wife" on his way out of his house
2- Blame everything on Obama
3- Give no credit to Obama, even when Bin Laden, al-Awlaki, and Gaddafi were taken care of
3- Dump all his work on his secretary
4- Twitter, facebook for 2 hours
5- Post on Yankee/Jets/Knicks blogs
6 - Read conservative blogs and watch Fox
7- Select items from said sources that he lift and pass on as his own
8- Get schooled on his ignorance everyday
9- Spray tan so he's ready to club 24/7/365 for the next epic party that he will attend

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Click Here to See the Profile for vicman Click here to Send vicman a Private Message Find more posts by vicman Add vicman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
bxbomb
VIC....WHERES THE LINK ?!?!?

Find other members from United States  

knicks new front court will be mighty nice

Click Here to See the Profile for bxbomb Click here to Send bxbomb a Private Message Find more posts by bxbomb Add bxbomb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
Kill_A_Raver

paul got slapped in the face by stern...kinda funny...fuck LA, hope he doesn't play there.

I hope another "megastar" team loses again in the finals to a legit team....i thought DAL taught these fuckers a lesson?

Click Here to See the Profile for Kill_A_Raver Click here to Send Kill_A_Raver a Private Message Find more posts by Kill_A_Raver Add Kill_A_Raver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
spin
I LUFF RISE

good job by stern. instead of the hornets actually getting something in return for paul, he'll walk at the end of the season with the hornets getting nothing. smooth.

"Rise in Boston is, for me, one of the most important clubs in North America right now. It is the complete opposite of all the glammed-up, bottle-service clubs that have spread like wildfire. The emphasis is on the music, the loyal customers who attend, the sound, etc etc. All the things that I feel are so important, yet are so sadly neglected in way too many places these days. It's always a pleasure to play at Rise - I know I'll be given the best platform to do what I do to the best of my ability, in one of the friendliest and most welcoming of environments."

Danny Howells
Dig Deeper, UK

WWW.RISECLUB.US

Click Here to See the Profile for spin Click here to Send spin a Private Message Find more posts by spin Add spin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
Kill_A_Raver

yeah, stern is fucking everything up....it's still funny though.

Click Here to See the Profile for Kill_A_Raver Click here to Send Kill_A_Raver a Private Message Find more posts by Kill_A_Raver Add Kill_A_Raver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

Find other members from Mexico   This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

they should just trade Paul to the T-Wolves or Golden State if Paul is dead set on California.

on a side note, at least Lamar Odom will still be married. Kourtney Khardashian ain't moving to NO.

NOW LISTENING TO:

When Epicness is Missing From Your Life - EPICRX IS THERE FOR YOU. RECOMMENDED AND ENDORSED BY ANDY MOORE.

"I don't feel old. I don't feel anything till noon. That's when it's time for my nap." ~ Andy 'muthafokin' Moore

"When I need my weather, there is only one place I turn to: EPIC Weather. On the Weather Channel." ~ Andy 'muthafokin' Moore

DOM:
I would be willing to enlist, unlike you, point proven .I said it in 2001 and my stance hasn't changed, If somebody attacks American on our soil and gets on tv or net and says come get us you Yankee p*ssies. I would join the military in 2 seconds.

First of all bin ladon didn't take credit for attacks in 2001, he denied it until 2004. When was he elected president of Afghanistan?2000?If so hes had a great 11 run so far... Considering hes been rumored to be in Pakistan for years, he doesn't fit into either of my criteria's.

Dom's daily to do list:

3- Give no credit to Obama, even when Bin Laden, al-Awlaki, and Gaddafi were taken care of
9- Spray tan so he's ready to club 24/7/365 for the next epic party that he will attend

Click Here to See the Profile for vicman Click here to Send vicman a Private Message Find more posts by vicman Add vicman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
domjuan
“Yes, we can!” has devolved into “Hey, we might.”

Find other members from Italy   This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

Stern is a joke, his legacy is further tainted.

Money Driven, Anal Lover, Yankee Fan, Cowboy up & I Ride w/ the Heat!! I'm a relentless & persistent animal my desire is to be the worlds greatest. - me

“Liberalism is a mental disorder" ~MIKE SAVAGE

“I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee.”
Joe DiMaggio

Them that governs least, governs best- Thomas Jefferson

“The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”
- Thomas Jefferson

Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. - General George Patton Jr

I love my wife & my life.

"I am an Animal Rescuer. My work is never done, my home is never quiet, my wallet is always empty...but my heart is always full." Annette King-Tucker

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. ARMED FORCES don't have that problem."

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
3- Check in with Domjuan's secretary to see what hes up to for the day.
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
5- Master-bate to pics of Cindy Sheehan
6 - Spread innovative thinking that failed 25 years ago in Europe.
7- Burn an American flag
8- Spew out racist remarks to anybody that isn't a tree-huger like himself.

Click Here to See the Profile for domjuan Click here to Send domjuan a Private Message Visit domjuan's homepage! Find more posts by domjuan Add domjuan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
Kill_A_Raver

Originally posted by domjuan
Stern is a joke, his legacy is further tainted.

yeah, too bad he couldn't trade CP3 to NY.

who are you gonna root for now? clippers?

vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

Clippers are cursed. I expect a season ending injury in training camp or something.

NOW LISTENING TO:

DOM:

Dom's daily to do list:

bxbomb
VIC....WHERES THE LINK ?!?!?

Find other members from United States  

Prokohrov rawks i hope he finds a way to stop the rigged elections and beats Putins ass
Jay-z will be vice prez of russia

Click Here to See the Profile for bxbomb Click here to Send bxbomb a Private Message Find more posts by bxbomb Add bxbomb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
domjuan

Find other members from Italy   This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

Originally posted by Kill_A_Raver
yeah, too bad he couldn't trade CP3 to NY.

who are you gonna root for now? clippers?

Howard is going to da show, no worries.

Money Driven, Anal Lover, Yankee Fan, Cowboy up & I Ride w/ the Heat!! I'm a relentless & persistent animal my desire is to be the worlds greatest. - me

Joe DiMaggio

“The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”
- Thomas Jefferson

"I am an Animal Rescuer. My work is never done, my home is never quiet, my wallet is always empty...but my heart is always full." Annette King-Tucker

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. ARMED FORCES don't have that problem."

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
7- Burn an American flag

Click Here to See the Profile for domjuan Click here to Send domjuan a Private Message Visit domjuan's homepage! Find more posts by domjuan Add domjuan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
Lust-E
DeathRow

Find other members from Germany   This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

C's deal for David West falls apart, damn i wanted that one.

Here we are now...Entertain us!

Click Here to See the Profile for Lust-E Click here to Send Lust-E a Private Message Find more posts by Lust-E Add Lust-E to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

and now they dont want to trade Howard. seriously, FIRE Otis Smith. Get rid of Howard (and Torko-glue) and start rebuilding.

NOW LISTENING TO:

DOM:

Dom's daily to do list:

Kill_A_Raver

the clip show

domjuan

Lakers Now
Round-the-Clock Purple and Gold

Lakers should offer Andrew Bynum, Pau Gasol for Dwight Howard
December 14, 2011 | 6:11 pm

With each day that passes without the Lakers securing any of the "big deals" General Manager Mitch Kupchak envisions, the less likely the purple & gold can win the NBA championship.

Heck, if the Lakers don't secure a big deal, it wouldn't be surprising if they fare even worse than last season's Western Conference semifinals sweep to the Dallas Mavericks. Both Lamar Odom's absence hurts the Lakers' front line and bolsters the defending champion's lineup. Andrew Bynum's five-game suspension forces the Lakers to slide Pau Gasol into center. And the Lakers are in a three-way competition between Josh McRoberts, Ron Artest and Luke Walton for the starting power-forward spot.

Yup, the Lakers are in trouble.

The Lakers need to pursue Dwight Howard, and the urgency remains strong. But with the Clippers acquiring New Orleans Hornets Chris Paul, L.A. has fewer opportunities to pursue "big deals," which has always been a code word for both Paul and Howard.

That's why the Lakers have to be willing to construct a trade packages using anyone on their roster except for Kobe Bryant. Landing Howard is so important that the Lakers need to be willing to both offer Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol to land Superman.
With the Magic calling off all trade offers for Howard, the Lakers need to be willing to part ways with both. Of course, the Lakers shouldn't offer both Bynum and Gasol right away. They should first see if they can convince Orlando to accept either one of them as the centerpiece along with the $8.9-million trade exceptions, future draft picks and bench players. Preferably, the deal should involve Bynum considering his unconvincing injury history. It's also more likely Gasol's finesse mid-range game would complement Howard's powerful inside game.

But the Lakers need to realize they're better off with Howard than retaining both Bynum and Gasol. Howard remains the undisputed best center in the game, has won the defensive player of the year for the past three seasons and has remained healthy. Bynum may grow into a more complete center. His injuries might subside with further caution. The Lakers can still succeed with him. That's a huge gamble, however, that the Lakers can't afford to take.

Meanwhile, Gasol will surely bounce back from his disappointing 2011 playoff campaign. His chemistry with Kobe Bryant is still one of the top combos in the game. And the Lakers need more of his presence without Odom.

But the Lakers can easily overcome any of the frontcourt depth they lose by acquiring Howard. Players will clamor to sign with the Lakers knowing they can team with Howard and Bryant. Even though Kupchak ideally wants a center and a point guard as starting points in constructing a team, Bryant would create a solid one-two punch with Howard. And with Bryant near the tail end of his career, Howard would ensure that the Lakers have a franchise player after Bryant's time expires in three years.

It's critical the Lakers pursue this correctly. After all, the front office's miscalculations on Odom and failure to secure Paul already have set the team back significantly.

spin , thoughts?

Joe DiMaggio

- Thomas Jefferson

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
7- Burn an American flag

Last edited by domjuan on 12-19-2011 at 04:33 PM

vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

trade Howard to the Lakers, I dont care. Just take Hedo and Otis Smith as part of the deal. Otis Smith is an idiot.

NOW LISTENING TO:

DOM:

Dom's daily to do list:

domjuan

Knicks officially sign Baron Davis

By Ian Begley
ESPNNewYork.com

GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- New York Knicks point guard Baron Davis says he's "always wanted" to play in Madison Square Garden.

He'll get his opportunity after signing a free-agent contract with the Knicks on Monday morning.

But it's unclear when Davis will be able to hit the Garden floor.

Knicks Blog

Knicks Looking for more information on your Knicks? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog

Davis has a herniated disk in his back that he said on Monday could sideline him for 8-10 weeks.

But a source close to Davis told ESPNNewYork.com that 8-10 weeks is a conservative estimate and, if his rehabilitation goes well, he could return in 4-6 weeks "if not sooner."

Said Davis: "For me, it's taking it one day at a time and ... getting as close as I possibly can to practicing to practicing as soon as I possibly can."

Davis joined the Knicks after the Cleveland Cavaliers waived him last week and designated him as their amnesty player so his salary wouldn't count against their cap figure. The Knicks were looking to fortify their backcourt, where they are slated to start third-year Toney Douglas and second-year player Landry Fields.

SI.com reported that Davis' one-year deal with the Knicks is worth $2.5 million, which is the maximum New York could pay in using what is known as the "mini" mid-level exception for luxury-tax teams.

Davis played in 58 games last season, averaging 13.1 points and 6.7 assists for the Clippers and Cavaliers. The two-time All-Star has averaged 16.5 points and 7.3 assists since being drafted by the Charlotte Hornets with the No. 3 overall pick in the 1999 draft.

PLAYER MOVEMENT

We're keeping track of all the moves. Here's a team-by-team look. Chart »

• TrueHoop: Free-agent reports »
• Rumor Central: Latest NBA buzz Insider

The Knicks chased Davis aggressively despite the injury, desperate to upgrade their backcourt to support a frontcourt duo of Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudemire that was recently boosted with the arrival of Tyson Chandler to be the Knicks' defensive anchor.

The team has penciled in Douglas as its starting point guard and Mike Bibby as a backup. But with Douglas lacking experience and Bibby coming off of a subpar playoff run with the Miami Heat, the Knicks have been interested in bringing in Davis as another option at point guard.

Anthony was excited about adding a possibly healthy Davis.

"Everybody knows what he can do when he's healthy and when he's focused," he said, before news of the deal was announced. "I was here for two months last year and we played (the Cavaliers) quite a bit of time when I got here and he was healthy then. They beat us and he was a big part of those wins.

"When BD (Davis) is healthy, he's one of the best."

The Los Angeles Lakers and Heat also expressed strong interest in signing Davis, who was waived Wednesday night by the Cavs.

Teams with salary-cap space had the right to bid on Davis in the 48 hours before he cleared waivers but elected not to, presumably because of the back injury. The waiver auction for teams with cap space is the mechanism that allowed the Los Angeles Clippers to put in a winning blind bid of a little more than $2 million for Chauncey Billups after Billups was released by the Knicks via amnesty.

Sources say Davis, 32, always intended to make a decision well before he's physically able to play so he can familiarize himself with the team's playbook and personnel and settle into his new home.

Roughly $27 million of the nearly $30 million left on Davis' contract is guaranteed. The Cavs still have to pay Davis that money even after sending him away, but the new amnesty clause -- unlike the 2005 version -- give teams salary cap relief as well as tax relief on a player released via amnesty.

Ian Begley is a frequent contributor to ESPNNewYork.com. Information from ESPN.com's Marc Stein, ESPNLosAngeles.com's Dave McMenamin, ESPNNewYork.com's Christopher Hunt and The Associated Press was used in this report.
ESPN Conversations

huge upgrade over bibby who was horrible last year .

Joe DiMaggio

- Thomas Jefferson

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
7- Burn an American flag

spin
I LUFF RISE

GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- New York Knicks point guard Baron Davis says he's "always wanted" to play in Madison Square Garden.

its gotta be an incredible feeling to suit up for the knicks...or the rangers for that matter...looking up at all those banners hanging from the ceiling...really soaking up all of the tradition.

or maybe he's just excited to check out swedish house mafia.

"Rise in Boston is, for me, one of the most important clubs in North America right now. It is the complete opposite of all the glammed-up, bottle-service clubs that have spread like wildfire. The emphasis is on the music, the loyal customers who attend, the sound, etc etc. All the things that I feel are so important, yet are so sadly neglected in way too many places these days. It's always a pleasure to play at Rise - I know I'll be given the best platform to do what I do to the best of my ability, in one of the friendliest and most welcoming of environments."

Danny Howells
Dig Deeper, UK

WWW.RISECLUB.US

Click Here to See the Profile for spin Click here to Send spin a Private Message Find more posts by spin Add spin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
Kill_A_Raver

LOL, kobe looks like shit...

new LA in town.

domjuan

Vanessa Bryant could receive $75 million in divorce settlement

Vanessa Bryant stands to receive at least $75 million, in addition to spousal and child support, from a divorce settlement with her husband, Lakers star Kobe Bryant, the L.A. Times reports.

Vanessa’s mother told The Times several years ago that the couple does not have a prenuptial agreement, and if that’s true, Vanessa could be entitled to half their community property. Kobe’s net worth is estimated at $150 million.
Vanessa Bryant figures to leave her marriage to Kobe Bryant with a substantial amount of money because the two did not have a prenuptial agreement. (AP photo)

The fact that the marriage lasted 10 years will also be a factor in the divorce settlement. Under California law, a marriage of at least 10 years means a spouse is allowed to “maintain her standard of living” after the divorce, attorney Dmitry Gorin told The Times.

Had Kobe asked Vanessa to sign a prenup, family attorney Christopher C. Melcher said, “It could have saved half of his fortune.”

The couple did say in a statement last Friday that they had "resolved all issues incident to their divo

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2011-12-20/lakers-kobe-bryant-vanessa-bryant-divorce-settlement#ixzz1h6Hr6xCn

Joe DiMaggio

- Thomas Jefferson

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
7- Burn an American flag

spin
I LUFF RISE

how do you not have a prenup?
what an idiot.

Danny Howells
Dig Deeper, UK

WWW.RISECLUB.US

vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

maybe as a condition of continuing to be married after the sexual assault case, the pre-nup was torn up.

NOW LISTENING TO:

DOM:

Dom's daily to do list:

Lust-E
DeathRow

Find other members from Germany   This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

Vanessa Bryant could receive $75 million in divorce settlement

Vanessa Bryant stands to receive at least $75 million, in addition to spousal and child support, from a divorce settlement with her husband, Lakers star Kobe Bryant, the L.A. Times reports.

Vanessa’s mother told The Times several years ago that the couple does not have a prenuptial agreement, and if that’s true, Vanessa could be entitled to half their community property. Kobe’s net worth is estimated at $150 million.
Vanessa Bryant figures to leave her marriage to Kobe Bryant with a substantial amount of money because the two did not have a prenuptial agreement. (AP photo)

The fact that the marriage lasted 10 years will also be a factor in the divorce settlement. Under California law, a marriage of at least 10 years means a spouse is allowed to “maintain her standard of living” after the divorce, attorney Dmitry Gorin told The Times.

Had Kobe asked Vanessa to sign a prenup, family attorney Christopher C. Melcher said, “It could have saved half of his fortune.”

The couple did say in a statement last Friday that they had "resolved all issues incident to their divo

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2011-12-20/lakers-kobe-bryant-vanessa-bryant-divorce-settlement#ixzz1h6Hr6xCn

Couldn't have happened to a better guy!

Though i'm sure he can rape his way back to the top....

Here we are now...Entertain us!

Click Here to See the Profile for Lust-E Click here to Send Lust-E a Private Message Find more posts by Lust-E Add Lust-E to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
domjuan

kobe is en fuego

Joe DiMaggio

- Thomas Jefferson

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
7- Burn an American flag

vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

knixx

NOW LISTENING TO:

DOM:

Dom's daily to do list: