Forum list. Calendar Articles, reviews and editorials. Pictures Listen to music and watch videos. See a listing of our DJ's / Producers.
Join our community and access additional features.Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences.View a list of our members.Answers to some frequently asked questions about using the message board.SearchFind all of the latest posts since your latest visit.Private messagingLog out of the message board Make the board look like a Word document Switch to layout optimized for mobile phones
Username: Password: 

Pages (5):   1 2 3 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Groovanauts.com > Everything Else > Sports > ***OFFICIAL*** 2011 NFL Season Thread
Author

Twitter Facebook MySpace Digg
Post New Thread   
vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

Find other members from Mexico   This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.
Top 10 List: < click >

***OFFICIAL*** 2011 NFL Season Thread

Already got my air and hotel accommodations for Indy in February.

Bucco Bruce will be there!

vicman ~ fastest in all of mexico

NOW LISTENING TO:

Flight 643 (Oroginal Mix) - Tiesto ~~~ EPIC!!!

That Look - DeLacy (Tsettos & Santana mix) - Denny Tsettos ~~~ MASSIVE!!!

Let The Sun Shine (JP Remix) - Fifth Dimension ~~~ FIERCE!!!

Air For Life (System F redub) - Andy Moore and Above and Beyond ~~~ MAGICAL!!!

When Epicness is Missing From Your Life - EPICRX IS THERE FOR YOU. RECOMMENDED AND ENDORSED BY ANDY MOORE.

"I don't feel old. I don't feel anything till noon. That's when it's time for my nap." ~ Andy 'muthafokin' Moore

"When I need my weather, there is only one place I turn to: EPIC Weather. On the Weather Channel." ~ Andy 'muthafokin' Moore

Lets watch Dom promise joining the Armed Forces, then back out 5 minutes later.

DOM:
I would be willing to enlist, unlike you, point proven .I said it in 2001 and my stance hasn't changed, If somebody attacks American on our soil and gets on tv or net and says come get us you Yankee p*ssies. I would join the military in 2 seconds.

Al-Qaeda isnt a country moron. They are a global organizations of scumbags.

First of all bin ladon didn't take credit for attacks in 2001, he denied it until 2004. When was he elected president of Afghanistan?2000?If so hes had a great 11 run so far... Considering hes been rumored to be in Pakistan for years, he doesn't fit into either of my criteria's.

Dom's daily to do list:

1- Kiss his "wife" on his way out of his house
2- Blame everything on Obama
3- Give no credit to Obama, even when Bin Laden, al-Awlaki, and Gaddafi were taken care of
3- Dump all his work on his secretary
4- Twitter, facebook for 2 hours
5- Post on Yankee/Jets/Knicks blogs
6 - Read conservative blogs and watch Fox
7- Select items from said sources that he lift and pass on as his own
8- Get schooled on his ignorance everyday
9- Spray tan so he's ready to club 24/7/365 for the next epic party that he will attend

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Click Here to See the Profile for vicman Click here to Send vicman a Private Message Find more posts by vicman Add vicman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
domjuan
“Yes, we can!” has devolved into “Hey, we might.”

Find other members from Italy   This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

Report suggests Albert Haynesworth, Chad Ochocinco could be released

The New England Patriots opened a lot of eyes by trading for Chad Ochocinco and Albert Haynesworth in the post-lockout frenzy.

It could be that neither will play a regular-season game in New England, according to a National Football Post report.
Patriots wide receiver Chad Ochocinco exits the field after a preseason game against Jacksonville on Thursday. (AP Photo)

The story cited an unnamed "NFL executive familiar with the Patriots" as saying he believes Ochocinco and Haynesworth are in jeopardy of not making the Patriots' roster.

Ochocinco and Haynesworth were both held out of Thursday's preseason game against the Jacksonville Jaguars.

The NFP report said the official thinks Patriots coach Bill Belichick can use the controversial, big-name players symbolically as a way to send a message to his locker room by cutting one or both before the season starts.

ProFootballTalk, citing multiple unnamed sources, reported Ochocinco received a signing bonus of $4.75 million and workout bonus of $250,000.

New England gave up two draft picks in its deal with Cincinnati.

Haynesworth's salary of $1.7 million is not guaranteed if he doesn't make the team, according to PFT. The Patriots gave up a 2013 fifth-round pick to acquire the troubled defensive tackle.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-08-14/report-suggests-haynesworth-ochocinco-could-be-released#ixzz1V6d4L1RQ

circus in new england.

Money Driven, Anal Lover, Yankee Fan, Cowboy up & I Ride w/ the Heat!! I'm a relentless & persistent animal my desire is to be the worlds greatest. - me

“Liberalism is a mental disorder" ~MIKE SAVAGE

“I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee.”
Joe DiMaggio

Them that governs least, governs best- Thomas Jefferson

“The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”
- Thomas Jefferson

Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. - General George Patton Jr

I love my wife & my life.

"I am an Animal Rescuer. My work is never done, my home is never quiet, my wallet is always empty...but my heart is always full." Annette King-Tucker

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. ARMED FORCES don't have that problem."

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
3- Check in with Domjuan's secretary to see what hes up to for the day.
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
5- Master-bate to pics of Cindy Sheehan
6 - Spread innovative thinking that failed 25 years ago in Europe.
7- Burn an American flag
8- Spew out racist remarks to anybody that isn't a tree-huger like himself.

Click Here to See the Profile for domjuan Click here to Send domjuan a Private Message Visit domjuan's homepage! Find more posts by domjuan Add domjuan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

Find other members from Mexico   This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

'unnamed "NFL executive familiar with the Patriots"?'

no name to the source, i ain't paying much attention to it.

NOW LISTENING TO:

When Epicness is Missing From Your Life - EPICRX IS THERE FOR YOU. RECOMMENDED AND ENDORSED BY ANDY MOORE.

"I don't feel old. I don't feel anything till noon. That's when it's time for my nap." ~ Andy 'muthafokin' Moore

"When I need my weather, there is only one place I turn to: EPIC Weather. On the Weather Channel." ~ Andy 'muthafokin' Moore

DOM:
I would be willing to enlist, unlike you, point proven .I said it in 2001 and my stance hasn't changed, If somebody attacks American on our soil and gets on tv or net and says come get us you Yankee p*ssies. I would join the military in 2 seconds.

First of all bin ladon didn't take credit for attacks in 2001, he denied it until 2004. When was he elected president of Afghanistan?2000?If so hes had a great 11 run so far... Considering hes been rumored to be in Pakistan for years, he doesn't fit into either of my criteria's.

Dom's daily to do list:

3- Give no credit to Obama, even when Bin Laden, al-Awlaki, and Gaddafi were taken care of
9- Spray tan so he's ready to club 24/7/365 for the next epic party that he will attend

Click Here to See the Profile for vicman Click here to Send vicman a Private Message Find more posts by vicman Add vicman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
Kill_A_Raver

eagles - 2012 champs

Click Here to See the Profile for Kill_A_Raver Click here to Send Kill_A_Raver a Private Message Find more posts by Kill_A_Raver Add Kill_A_Raver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

Bucs-Pats tonite! 1st of two match-ups they will have this season!

NOW LISTENING TO:

DOM:

Dom's daily to do list:

Kill_A_Raver

pats and eagles

SB rematch!

Click Here to See the Profile for Kill_A_Raver Click here to Send Kill_A_Raver a Private Message Find more posts by Kill_A_Raver Add Kill_A_Raver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
IgorB
All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies

Find other members from Ukraine   This member is single. To change your relationship status, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences. This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

Originally posted by Kill_A_Raver
pats and eagles

SB rematch!

GB- New England.

Click Here to See the Profile for IgorB Click here to Send IgorB a Private Message Find more posts by IgorB Add IgorB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

fan fight at the Oakland-49'ers game is all over the networks, but the fan fight at M&T in Bamore isnt.

white boy is out cold on this one!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/22/fans-fight-49ers-raiders-ravens_n_932795.html

NOW LISTENING TO:

DOM:

Dom's daily to do list:

domjuan

Find other members from Italy   This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

Plax is a beast

Money Driven, Anal Lover, Yankee Fan, Cowboy up & I Ride w/ the Heat!! I'm a relentless & persistent animal my desire is to be the worlds greatest. - me

Joe DiMaggio

“The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”
- Thomas Jefferson

"I am an Animal Rescuer. My work is never done, my home is never quiet, my wallet is always empty...but my heart is always full." Annette King-Tucker

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. ARMED FORCES don't have that problem."

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
7- Burn an American flag

Click Here to See the Profile for domjuan Click here to Send domjuan a Private Message Visit domjuan's homepage! Find more posts by domjuan Add domjuan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
Lust-E
DeathRow

Find other members from Germany   This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

Bucs going down tonight!

Here we are now...Entertain us!

Click Here to See the Profile for Lust-E Click here to Send Lust-E a Private Message Find more posts by Lust-E Add Lust-E to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

freeman gonna torch that 'Fish secondary.

NOW LISTENING TO:

DOM:

Dom's daily to do list:

domjuan

EPIC WIN BY THE JETS.

Joe DiMaggio

- Thomas Jefferson

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
7- Burn an American flag

vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

watched a grand total of 0 football snaps yesterday! w00t!

now that the pressure of a perfect season has been lifted from the Bucs, we can start winning our next 18 games in a row!

NOW LISTENING TO:

DOM:

Dom's daily to do list:

domjuan

Originally posted by vicman
watched a grand total of 0 football snaps yesterday! w00t!

now that the pressure of a perfect season has been lifted from the Bucs, we can start winning our next 18 games in a row!

BLOUNT KILLED MY FANTASY TEAM YESTERDAY, KID NEEDS TO STEP UP.

Joe DiMaggio

- Thomas Jefferson

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
7- Burn an American flag

vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

you're the 2nd person i've heard today complaining about RBs in their fantasy team. lol

NOW LISTENING TO:

DOM:

Dom's daily to do list:

vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

attn: Denver Broncos

1. do the right thing: bench Kyle Orton.

2. name Tim Tebow the starter for the entire season. let Tim Tebow lead you to a 1-15 record, make the idiotic Denver fans and evangelical christian football fans STFU once and for all.

3. secure the #1 pick in the draft and get Andrew Luck.

Thank you.

NOW LISTENING TO:

DOM:

Dom's daily to do list:

domjuan

So to night, if ur a Colts or Bucs fan I'm sorry I just wont have much for you. Life is like that sometimes. Nfl should have the ability the switch MNF.

Joe DiMaggio

- Thomas Jefferson

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
7- Burn an American flag

vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

yup, game totally sucks, should flexed that shit out when Manning went out for the season. i bet the stadium is 1/2 full since many folks will be at the Rays game in Tropicana instead.

maybe flexed the Steelers-Texans game in. Jets-Ravens was MNF last year, so they wouldn't do it 2 years in a row.

NOW LISTENING TO:

DOM:

Dom's daily to do list:

domjuan

Antonio Cromartie dares Tom Brady to throw at him on Sunday
PUBLISHED 14 hours and 57 minutes ago
LAST UPDATED 4 hours and 38 minutes ago
Associated Press
Text size A A A

FLORHAM PARK, N.J.— Antonio Cromartie dares Tom Brady to throw in his direction all day.

Go ahead, the New York Jets cornerback says. He's ready for the challenge.
Antonio Cromartie welcomes the challenge of facing Tom Brady. (AP Photo)

"I hope I'm a target this game," Cromartie said with a smile. "I want to be a target every game."

Well, he better be careful what he wishes for, especially with the way the New England Patriots' offense is playing. The struggling Jets (2-2) have to figure out how to stop Brady, Wes Welker and the high-scoring Patriots (3-1) on Sunday, and know it won't be easy — whether Cromartie is up to the task or not.

"We use the phrase, 'chasing ghosts,' and sometimes you have to do that," defensive coordinator Mike Pettine said Thursday. "You don't really know what their formations are going to be, what their personnel groupings are going to be and you might work against something all week and not see it, see something totally different. So you have to be very flexible in your approach when you play New England."

The Patriots are ranked No. 1 in overall offense, along with being the top passing team in the NFL. Their running game isn't too shabby, either, ranking ninth overall. And that's what's making things so tough for opponents early on: Will they pass or run?

"They were tough enough when they were one-dimensional," Pettine said. "Now having the threat of running the football certainly presents a problem."

Not that the Jets are intimidated, of course.

"You realize he's one of the great quarterbacks of this generation," linebacker Aaron Maybin said. "At the same time, nobody's going to be out there with their spectator hat on and wanting to give him praise for how great he is. We want to go out there and make it hell for him."

That's much easier said than done, as the numbers show. Brady is off to a sensational start, throwing for a league-leading 1,553 yards and 13 touchdowns, while Welker already has 40 catches — 13 more than Dallas' Jason Witten, who ranks second in the NFL. Throw in a running game that's averaging nearly 123 yards a game, and that's a lot to deal with for opposing defenses.

The Jets are No. 2 against the pass, though, but are a stunningly low 28th against the run. New York typically has used a smaller lineup with more defensive backs against the Patriots.

"I don't know if that plan will be able to hold up for the entire game," Pettine said. "So our menu is a little fuller this week because they are a flavor-of-the-week offense and it's smart because it's typically something you haven't practiced against."

It all starts with Brady, of course, and putting pressure on him. Rex Ryan's team has done a pretty good job of that in his five previous games against the Patriots as Jets coach. New York has won three of those matchups, including in the playoffs in January when the Jets sacked him five times.

"If you just play standard coverage against him, you've got no chance," Ryan said. "I mean, zero. You better hope for a hurricane or something because that might be your only chance. Quite honestly, I've been in the sideline wishing there was a hurricane because he's that kind of guy. He's as good as it gets right now."

The Jets players agree, and they all respect what Brady can do on the field — and that includes Cromartie, who made headlines in the playoffs when he called the Patriots quarterback an expletive and then said earlier this week that those comments still stand.

The Jets aren't revealing their defensive strategy, but Ryan said he's "sure" All-Pro cornerback Darrelle Revis will match up with Welker at times. Cromartie might be on him, too. And, who knows who else? It might take a few guys to shut him down.

"It's him and Tom," Revis said. "They have a 1-2 punch with each other, great chemistry. They work well together. He's got 40 catches already, over 600 yards, so he's Tom's go-to guy. He's always looking for him. He's tough in the slot. He's probably the toughest receiver to cover in the slot."

Oh, and then the Patriots also have Deion Branch, Chad Ochocinco and tight end Rob Gronkowski to contend with.

"To beat the hell out of their receivers, that's our game plan on the outside," Cromartie said. "It's to try to mess up their timing routes as much as we can."

Or, Brady can turn around and hand it to New England's three-headed backfield with BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Stevan Ridley and Danny Woodhead.

"Coach Ryan said it best: If anybody's got as good a formula for trying to beat the Patriots, it's us," said Maybin, a newcomer to this rivalry who saw plenty of the Patriots during his first two seasons in Buffalo. "We've been able to have some success defensively in the past."

That certainly doesn't make the Jets less concerned heading into this game. They know Brady, coach Bill Belichick and the rest of the Patriots have had that playoff loss in the back of their minds for months.

"The easy thing to say is, 'Well it worked the last time we played them,' and then just blow the dust off of that one and just use it," Pettine said. "I know there were more than a few days in Foxborough, whether it was over the lockout or since the season started, preparing for our defense, knowing that we had success against them in the playoff game.

''It's a challenge for us to make sure that we kind of forge ahead with some new things, but at the same time, not get away from what's been successful against them in the past."

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-10-06/antonio-cromartie-dares-tom-brady-to-throw-at-him-on-sunday#ixzz1a7Wyvl9g

Joe DiMaggio

- Thomas Jefferson

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
7- Burn an American flag

domjuan

Re: ***OFFICIAL*** 2011 NFL Season Thread

Originally posted by vicman
Already got my air and hotel accommodations for Indy in February.

Bucco Bruce will be there!

Solid effort Sunday. #doom

Joe DiMaggio

- Thomas Jefferson

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
7- Burn an American flag

vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

wasn't buying the 3-1 start and it showed on Sunday.

Better worry about your J-E-T-S dom, they've looked really solid the last 3 weeks. That run defense is a joke. They could easily be 1-4 if it ain't for Tony Romo.

NOW LISTENING TO:

DOM:

Dom's daily to do list:

domjuan

REVIS F*CKING ISLAND

Joe DiMaggio

- Thomas Jefferson

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
7- Burn an American flag

vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

BUC POWER!!!

fuckin' Saints were so intimidated by us, they even took out their own coach!

NOW LISTENING TO:

DOM:

Dom's daily to do list:

domjuan

Jets are relevant again.

Joe DiMaggio

- Thomas Jefferson

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
7- Burn an American flag

bxbomb
VIC....WHERES THE LINK ?!?!?

Find other members from United States  

suck-4-luck

Click Here to See the Profile for bxbomb Click here to Send bxbomb a Private Message Find more posts by bxbomb Add bxbomb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote