Forum list. Calendar Articles, reviews and editorials. Pictures Listen to music and watch videos. See a listing of our DJ's / Producers.
Join our community and access additional features.Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences.View a list of our members.Answers to some frequently asked questions about using the message board.SearchFind all of the latest posts since your latest visit.Private messagingLog out of the message board Make the board look like a Word document Switch to layout optimized for mobile phones
Username: Password: 

Pages (11):   « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Groovanauts.com > Everything Else > Sports > ***OFFICIAL*** 2010-2011 World Football Thread
Author

Twitter Facebook MySpace Digg
Post New Thread   
vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

Find other members from Mexico   This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.
Top 10 List: < click >

Liverpool misfit Ryan Babel on AC Milan hit list as Italians plot Klaas-Jan Huntelaar swap deal

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1296788/Liverpool-misfit-Ryan-Babel-AC-Milan-sights-plot-Klaas-Jan-Huntelaar-swap.html#ixzz0uQ4FcuC5

also a rumor that Pool might look at Wayne Bridge for left back.

vicman ~ fastest in all of mexico

NOW LISTENING TO:

Flight 643 (Oroginal Mix) - Tiesto ~~~ EPIC!!!

That Look - DeLacy (Tsettos & Santana mix) - Denny Tsettos ~~~ MASSIVE!!!

Let The Sun Shine (JP Remix) - Fifth Dimension ~~~ FIERCE!!!

Air For Life (System F redub) - Andy Moore and Above and Beyond ~~~ MAGICAL!!!

When Epicness is Missing From Your Life - EPICRX IS THERE FOR YOU. RECOMMENDED AND ENDORSED BY ANDY MOORE.

"I don't feel old. I don't feel anything till noon. That's when it's time for my nap." ~ Andy 'muthafokin' Moore

"When I need my weather, there is only one place I turn to: EPIC Weather. On the Weather Channel." ~ Andy 'muthafokin' Moore

Lets watch Dom promise joining the Armed Forces, then back out 5 minutes later.

DOM:
I would be willing to enlist, unlike you, point proven .I said it in 2001 and my stance hasn't changed, If somebody attacks American on our soil and gets on tv or net and says come get us you Yankee p*ssies. I would join the military in 2 seconds.

Al-Qaeda isnt a country moron. They are a global organizations of scumbags.

First of all bin ladon didn't take credit for attacks in 2001, he denied it until 2004. When was he elected president of Afghanistan?2000?If so hes had a great 11 run so far... Considering hes been rumored to be in Pakistan for years, he doesn't fit into either of my criteria's.

Dom's daily to do list:

1- Kiss his "wife" on his way out of his house
2- Blame everything on Obama
3- Give no credit to Obama, even when Bin Laden, al-Awlaki, and Gaddafi were taken care of
3- Dump all his work on his secretary
4- Twitter, facebook for 2 hours
5- Post on Yankee/Jets/Knicks blogs
6 - Read conservative blogs and watch Fox
7- Select items from said sources that he lift and pass on as his own
8- Get schooled on his ignorance everyday
9- Spray tan so he's ready to club 24/7/365 for the next epic party that he will attend

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Click Here to See the Profile for vicman Click here to Send vicman a Private Message Find more posts by vicman Add vicman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

Find other members from Mexico   This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

um yeah...

Chelsea's Kaka bid hit by Jose Mourinho's plot to swap Real Madrid flop for Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1296817/Chelseas-Kaka-bid-hit-Jose-Mourinhos-plot-swap-Real-Madrid-flop-Zlatan-Ibrahi...l#ixzz0uQ4i7BbJ

I'll eat my shorts if this happens.

NOW LISTENING TO:

When Epicness is Missing From Your Life - EPICRX IS THERE FOR YOU. RECOMMENDED AND ENDORSED BY ANDY MOORE.

"I don't feel old. I don't feel anything till noon. That's when it's time for my nap." ~ Andy 'muthafokin' Moore

"When I need my weather, there is only one place I turn to: EPIC Weather. On the Weather Channel." ~ Andy 'muthafokin' Moore

DOM:
I would be willing to enlist, unlike you, point proven .I said it in 2001 and my stance hasn't changed, If somebody attacks American on our soil and gets on tv or net and says come get us you Yankee p*ssies. I would join the military in 2 seconds.

First of all bin ladon didn't take credit for attacks in 2001, he denied it until 2004. When was he elected president of Afghanistan?2000?If so hes had a great 11 run so far... Considering hes been rumored to be in Pakistan for years, he doesn't fit into either of my criteria's.

Dom's daily to do list:

3- Give no credit to Obama, even when Bin Laden, al-Awlaki, and Gaddafi were taken care of
9- Spray tan so he's ready to club 24/7/365 for the next epic party that he will attend

Click Here to See the Profile for vicman Click here to Send vicman a Private Message Find more posts by vicman Add vicman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

apparently the Mex Federation has approached Manuel Pellegrini to be the new coach.

here we go again....

NOW LISTENING TO:

DOM:

Dom's daily to do list:

vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

France World Cup squad suspended for Norway friendly

The French Football Federation has suspended all 23 members of France's World Cup squad for their next game.

New France coach Laurent Blanc requested that no member of the squad be selected for a friendly against Norway in Oslo on 11 August.

France failed to win any of their three group games in South Africa.

The campaign included players boycotting training in support of Nicolas Anelka, who was sent home for insulting coach Raymond Domenech.

The sanction means France's opening qualifier for Euro 2012, at home to Belarus on 3 September, will be the first opportunity for any of the 23 to feature in a Blanc squad.

Blanc said: "I obviously cannot act as if nothing had happened in South Africa.
"I followed the events with sadness, I was disappointed with the sporting results and I was shocked by certain behaviours.

"I will integrate these elements into my analysis and my thoughts. I always had the principles, rules of conduct and not just in my sporting life. They have not changed and I will not change."

The crisis that engulfed Domenech's last tournament as national coach resulted in the resignation of FFF president Jean-Pierre Escalettes, with his successor due to be unveiled on Friday.

The one-day training strike, on 20 June, came after Chelsea forward Anelka was sent home from the tournament following a heated exchange with Domenech at half-time during the defeat to Mexico on 17 June.

France captain Patrice Evra accused a "traitor" within the party of leaking details of Anelka's rant to the media and of destabilising the squad, and the skipper was then seen arguing with fitness coach Robert Duverne at the start of the scheduled training session.

Duverne stormed off the training ground and the players headed for their bus and refused to train, leaving Domenech to read a statement to the press on their behalf.

Former France defenders Lilian Thuram and Marcel Desailly called for Evra to be banned from national team duty over his part in the insurrection, and Escalettes took a similar stance.

But Blanc said upon his unveiling as Domenech's successor: "It is not for me to decide on sanctions. I am not the bogeyman. If I consider they are the best players in their position, I will take them."

Goalkeeper Hugo Lloris has admitted that the decision to strike was "completely stupid".

The Lyon star told French sports newspaper L'Equipe: "We acted as a team. To strike was the decision of a squad who felt lonely, who believed that no-one had stood up for them and who had a message to convey.

"We went too far. It was a very awkward decision, a big mistake. It was completely stupid. But there were so many problems.

"We all want to improve the image of Les Bleus. We must make all possible effort, give everything. It's important for us.

"We must go back to basics - respect for the jersey, of course, the team and the institution of France.

"We have a great desire that what happened in South Africa should not happen again, that there should be no self-destruction like that any more."

Meanwhile Fernand Duchaussoy has been named as the FFF's interim president.

President of the Ligue du Football Amateur since 2005, the 67-year-old Fernand Duchaussoy succeeds Jean-Pierre Escalettes, whose resignation was accepted at a 2 July 2 meeting of the federation's federal council but stayed on until a successor could be found.

NOW LISTENING TO:

DOM:

Dom's daily to do list:

vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

Brazil offers Ramalho coaching jobEmail Print Comments Associated Press

SAO PAULO -- The Brazilian Football Federation says it has invited Fluminense coach Muricy Ramalho to lead the national team.

Federation president Ricardo Teixeira tells the O Globo TV network he invited Ramalho on Friday in Rio de Janeiro.

Teixeira says that before the appointment becomes official, Ramalho must first talk with his Rio club, with which he has a contract until the end of the year.

Ramalho will replace Dunga, who was fired just days after Brazil's disappointing loss to the Netherlands in the quarterfinals of the World Cup in South Africa.

NOW LISTENING TO:

DOM:

Dom's daily to do list:

spin
I LUFF RISE

awesome interview w/ henry...

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/good_day_ny/new-york-red-bull-thierry-henry-20100719

ugh.

"Rise in Boston is, for me, one of the most important clubs in North America right now. It is the complete opposite of all the glammed-up, bottle-service clubs that have spread like wildfire. The emphasis is on the music, the loyal customers who attend, the sound, etc etc. All the things that I feel are so important, yet are so sadly neglected in way too many places these days. It's always a pleasure to play at Rise - I know I'll be given the best platform to do what I do to the best of my ability, in one of the friendliest and most welcoming of environments."

Danny Howells
Dig Deeper, UK

WWW.RISECLUB.US

Click Here to See the Profile for spin Click here to Send spin a Private Message Find more posts by spin Add spin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
tiny butterfli

This member is a f. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

NYRB beat Man City in a friendly yesterday. Also Kansas City Wizards beat ManU I know they used mostly reserves but KC was a man down.

I was at the DC United v Portsmouth match on Saturday and what a freaking crazy friendly that was. United Airlines lost Pompey's luggage so they had no kits... they had to play in DCU's away kits. It was so confusing

It was about 110 outside with the heat index so everyone was cranky as hell. 3 red cards. 10 minutes into the match, a Pompey player kicked one of the side advertisements out of frustration. Quaranta (DCU) & Mullins (Pompey) got into an argument & both got ejected. I couldn't see what happened as I was on other side of the field but allegedly there was some spiting at each other.

The game got ridiculously chippy. Pompey players were fouling DCU players pretty viciously. DCU's assistant coach Ben Olsen got ejected for extreme dissent.

DCU finished the match w/ 9 players and we trounced Pompey 4-0.

~midnight is where the day begins~

"We'll have a party to celebrate your Mexicality." - Michael to Oscar, The Office

Click Here to See the Profile for tiny butterfli Click here to Send tiny butterfli a Private Message Find more posts by tiny butterfli Add tiny butterfli to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

lol.

what a crazy game. i really have no clues what team Portsmouth will be fielding in the upcoming season.

David James and Kevin Prince-Boateng are probably their two bigeest assets, they'll probably get sold before the EPL start.

btw, Raul officially leaves Real Madrid and joins Schalke04.
Rafa Marquez leaves Barcelona and joins NYRB.

NOW LISTENING TO:

DOM:

Dom's daily to do list:

vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

Ezequiel's PK in the Euro U-19 Championships. Watch closely hwo he takes the PK, especially on the replays.

NOW LISTENING TO:

DOM:

Dom's daily to do list:

vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

Originally posted by tiny butterfli
NYRB beat Man City in a friendly yesterday. Also Kansas City Wizards beat ManU I know they used mostly reserves but KC was a man down.

I was at the DC United v Portsmouth match on Saturday and what a freaking crazy friendly that was. United Airlines lost Pompey's luggage so they had no kits... they had to play in DCU's away kits. It was so confusing

It was about 110 outside with the heat index so everyone was cranky as hell. 3 red cards. 10 minutes into the match, a Pompey player kicked one of the side advertisements out of frustration. Quaranta (DCU) & Mullins (Pompey) got into an argument & both got ejected. I couldn't see what happened as I was on other side of the field but allegedly there was some spiting at each other.

The game got ridiculously chippy. Pompey players were fouling DCU players pretty viciously. DCU's assistant coach Ben Olsen got ejected for extreme dissent.

DCU finished the match w/ 9 players and we trounced Pompey 4-0.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1297611/Portsmouths-woes-continue-cancelled-flights-lost-luggage-ruin-preparations-clash-DC-United.html

apparently their flight got cancelled in Chicago friday night and they only had 4 hours of sleep.

NOW LISTENING TO:

DOM:

Dom's daily to do list:

vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

http://www.as.com/futbol/video/raul-mejores-goles/dasftb/20100426dasdasftb_12/Ves

some of Raul's goals w/ Real Madrid

NOW LISTENING TO:

DOM:

Dom's daily to do list:

vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

pics

http://www.as.com/futbol/fotogaleria/raul-anos-imagenes/dasftb/20100726dasdasftb_1/Zes

NOW LISTENING TO:

DOM:

Dom's daily to do list:

vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

what the hell???

NOW LISTENING TO:

DOM:

Dom's daily to do list:

spin
I LUFF RISE

AMAZING!

"Rise in Boston is, for me, one of the most important clubs in North America right now. It is the complete opposite of all the glammed-up, bottle-service clubs that have spread like wildfire. The emphasis is on the music, the loyal customers who attend, the sound, etc etc. All the things that I feel are so important, yet are so sadly neglected in way too many places these days. It's always a pleasure to play at Rise - I know I'll be given the best platform to do what I do to the best of my ability, in one of the friendliest and most welcoming of environments."

Danny Howells
Dig Deeper, UK

WWW.RISECLUB.US

Click Here to See the Profile for spin Click here to Send spin a Private Message Find more posts by spin Add spin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
tiny butterfli

This member is a f. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

Pool are up 1-0 (N'gog goal) against FK Rabotnicki. Every time Kyrgiakos touches the ball, FKR fans boo. They are playing in their 3rd kits. I love 'em after seeing them on the players last week.

Barca won their 1st preseason match today 4-2. In Norway. Shit, already forgot the other team's name. Valerenga maybe?

"We'll have a party to celebrate your Mexicality." - Michael to Oscar, The Office

Click Here to See the Profile for tiny butterfli Click here to Send tiny butterfli a Private Message Find more posts by tiny butterfli Add tiny butterfli to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

only norwegian team i know is rosenborg. they used to be pretty decent back in the mid 90s.

NOW LISTENING TO:

DOM:

Dom's daily to do list:

tiny butterfli

2 days till the start of the EPL and 3 days till Liverpool v Arsenal

spin
I LUFF RISE

LETS GET IT ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!
will be rocking my arsenal gear tomorrow at werq!

GUNNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Danny Howells
Dig Deeper, UK

WWW.RISECLUB.US

tiny butterfli

hearing reports that Van Persie & Cesc most likely will not play. Obviously I have no issues w/ that since I'm a Pool fan But Torres will probably not play for us and only other injury I know about is Skrtel.

vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

debut of a new coach will propel 'Pool to victory!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW LISTENING TO:

DOM:

Dom's daily to do list:

IgorB
All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies

Find other members from Ukraine   This member is single. To change your relationship status, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences. This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

YES!!!!!!

FIFA considers World Cup changes
EmailPrintComments
Associated Press
BERLIN -- FIFA president Sepp Blatter says soccer's governing body will consider eliminating ties in all World Cup games.

Blatter said Saturday on Germany's Focus weekly that the dramatic change would make the tournament more interesting. He says the change could involve going to a shootout after 90 minutes of regulation or adding sudden-death overtime.

Sudden-death overtime was used in the knockout rounds of the 1998 and 2002 World Cups. FIFA then reverted to its previous rule of having teams play a full 30 minutes of overtime if tied at the end of regulation in the knockout rounds.

First-round games always have ended in draws if tied at the end of regulation.

Click Here to See the Profile for IgorB Click here to Send IgorB a Private Message Find more posts by IgorB Add IgorB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

so now you defend like crazy and then can win the game on PK's? BRILLIANT!!!!

NOW LISTENING TO:

DOM:

Dom's daily to do list:

IgorB
All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies

Find other members from Ukraine   This member is single. To change your relationship status, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences. This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

With sudden death OT ? I doubt it. However this is exactly what teams are doing right now.

Click Here to See the Profile for IgorB Click here to Send IgorB a Private Message Find more posts by IgorB Add IgorB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
tiny butterfli

Real Madrid confirm signing of Mesut Ozil. €15m.

vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

Originally posted by IgorB
With sudden death OT ? I doubt it. However this is exactly what teams are doing right now.

its PK or sudden death, at least that us what teh article says.

point is, you defend like crazy and tie 0-0, you get 1 point, you do PK's, you can probably win it and get all 3 points.

seriously, the ultra-defensiveness of some teams will never change regardless of what the rules are. blatter is just talking outta his ass.

NOW LISTENING TO:

DOM:

Dom's daily to do list: