Forum list. Calendar Articles, reviews and editorials. Pictures Listen to music and watch videos. See a listing of our DJ's / Producers.
Join our community and access additional features.Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences.View a list of our members.Answers to some frequently asked questions about using the message board.SearchFind all of the latest posts since your latest visit.Private messagingLog out of the message board Make the board look like a Word document Switch to layout optimized for mobile phones
Username: Password: 

Pages (11):   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Groovanauts.com > Everything Else > Sports > ***OFFICIAL*** 2010-2011 World Football Thread
Author

Twitter Facebook MySpace Digg
Post New Thread   
tiny butterfli

This member is a f. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.
Top 10 List: < click >

***OFFICIAL*** 2010-2011 World Football Thread

about a month till most european leagues start! MLS underway. Vic - what about south american/mexican leagues? No idea about those...

Transfer window in full swing. Is it August 31 yet?

~midnight is where the day begins~

"We'll have a party to celebrate your Mexicality." - Michael to Oscar, The Office

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Click Here to See the Profile for tiny butterfli Click here to Send tiny butterfli a Private Message Find more posts by tiny butterfli Add tiny butterfli to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

Find other members from Mexico   This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

Libertadores resume in 2 weeks with the semifinals.

Guadalajara v U. de Chile
Internacional (BRA) v. Sao Paulo

Mexican league starts next week, altho the Superliga between Mex and MLS teams started this week.

Charity shield is on 8/8 with the EPL starting a week later. Same with the Bundesliga.

w00t, w00t!!!

FUTBOL SEASON NEVER ENDS!!!!

oh, there are soem Champions League and Europa League preliminary matches in a couple of weeks (Lpool vs. the winner of an Armenian-Malta team matchup -yay)

vicman ~ fastest in all of mexico

NOW LISTENING TO:

Flight 643 (Oroginal Mix) - Tiesto ~~~ EPIC!!!

That Look - DeLacy (Tsettos & Santana mix) - Denny Tsettos ~~~ MASSIVE!!!

Let The Sun Shine (JP Remix) - Fifth Dimension ~~~ FIERCE!!!

Air For Life (System F redub) - Andy Moore and Above and Beyond ~~~ MAGICAL!!!

When Epicness is Missing From Your Life - EPICRX IS THERE FOR YOU. RECOMMENDED AND ENDORSED BY ANDY MOORE.

"I don't feel old. I don't feel anything till noon. That's when it's time for my nap." ~ Andy 'muthafokin' Moore

"When I need my weather, there is only one place I turn to: EPIC Weather. On the Weather Channel." ~ Andy 'muthafokin' Moore

Lets watch Dom promise joining the Armed Forces, then back out 5 minutes later.

DOM:
I would be willing to enlist, unlike you, point proven .I said it in 2001 and my stance hasn't changed, If somebody attacks American on our soil and gets on tv or net and says come get us you Yankee p*ssies. I would join the military in 2 seconds.

Al-Qaeda isnt a country moron. They are a global organizations of scumbags.

First of all bin ladon didn't take credit for attacks in 2001, he denied it until 2004. When was he elected president of Afghanistan?2000?If so hes had a great 11 run so far... Considering hes been rumored to be in Pakistan for years, he doesn't fit into either of my criteria's.

Dom's daily to do list:

1- Kiss his "wife" on his way out of his house
2- Blame everything on Obama
3- Give no credit to Obama, even when Bin Laden, al-Awlaki, and Gaddafi were taken care of
3- Dump all his work on his secretary
4- Twitter, facebook for 2 hours
5- Post on Yankee/Jets/Knicks blogs
6 - Read conservative blogs and watch Fox
7- Select items from said sources that he lift and pass on as his own
8- Get schooled on his ignorance everyday
9- Spray tan so he's ready to club 24/7/365 for the next epic party that he will attend

Click Here to See the Profile for vicman Click here to Send vicman a Private Message Find more posts by vicman Add vicman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
spin
I LUFF RISE

caught Henry on Fallon last night, pretty fired up to watch zero MLS this year.

wooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooo.

"Rise in Boston is, for me, one of the most important clubs in North America right now. It is the complete opposite of all the glammed-up, bottle-service clubs that have spread like wildfire. The emphasis is on the music, the loyal customers who attend, the sound, etc etc. All the things that I feel are so important, yet are so sadly neglected in way too many places these days. It's always a pleasure to play at Rise - I know I'll be given the best platform to do what I do to the best of my ability, in one of the friendliest and most welcoming of environments."

Danny Howells
Dig Deeper, UK

WWW.RISECLUB.US

Click Here to See the Profile for spin Click here to Send spin a Private Message Find more posts by spin Add spin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

Find other members from Mexico   This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

If Internacional (Bra) wins teh Libertadores, then we might have an Internacional-Internazionale world club cup championship final

but screw that, lets go CHIVAS!!!! be the second Mex team to reach the final and first to win it....although I know the fuggin' CONMEBOL will fuck them up someway if they get close...shady last minute PK or something.

NOW LISTENING TO:

When Epicness is Missing From Your Life - EPICRX IS THERE FOR YOU. RECOMMENDED AND ENDORSED BY ANDY MOORE.

"I don't feel old. I don't feel anything till noon. That's when it's time for my nap." ~ Andy 'muthafokin' Moore

"When I need my weather, there is only one place I turn to: EPIC Weather. On the Weather Channel." ~ Andy 'muthafokin' Moore

DOM:
I would be willing to enlist, unlike you, point proven .I said it in 2001 and my stance hasn't changed, If somebody attacks American on our soil and gets on tv or net and says come get us you Yankee p*ssies. I would join the military in 2 seconds.

First of all bin ladon didn't take credit for attacks in 2001, he denied it until 2004. When was he elected president of Afghanistan?2000?If so hes had a great 11 run so far... Considering hes been rumored to be in Pakistan for years, he doesn't fit into either of my criteria's.

Dom's daily to do list:

3- Give no credit to Obama, even when Bin Laden, al-Awlaki, and Gaddafi were taken care of
9- Spray tan so he's ready to club 24/7/365 for the next epic party that he will attend

Click Here to See the Profile for vicman Click here to Send vicman a Private Message Find more posts by vicman Add vicman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
djfortis
Phone's ringing, Dude.

Find other members from Christmas Island   This member is single. To change your relationship status, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences. This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

Cesc Fabregas is the greatest footballer alive and he isn't going anywhere.

Click Here to See the Profile for djfortis Click here to Send djfortis a Private Message Find more posts by djfortis Add djfortis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
djfortis
Phone's ringing, Dude.

Find other members from Christmas Island   This member is single. To change your relationship status, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences. This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

BTW, check out AVB spinning at the Dutch celebration in A-dam...ha! (6 mins in)

Click Here to See the Profile for djfortis Click here to Send djfortis a Private Message Find more posts by djfortis Add djfortis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

and at 6:05 you can see Nigel De Jong doing a kung-fu kick to AVB's sternum.

NOW LISTENING TO:

DOM:

Dom's daily to do list:

djfortis
Phone's ringing, Dude.

Originally posted by vicman
and at 6:05 you can see Nigel De Jong doing a kung-fu kick to AVB's sternum.

he deserved it.

tiny butterfli

This member is a f. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

Originally posted by djfortis
Cesc Fabregas is the greatest footballer alive and he isn't going anywhere.

well I don't think he's the greatest footballer alive but I do agree he's not going anywhere.

"We'll have a party to celebrate your Mexicality." - Michael to Oscar, The Office

Click Here to See the Profile for tiny butterfli Click here to Send tiny butterfli a Private Message Find more posts by tiny butterfli Add tiny butterfli to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
tiny butterfli

Liverpool just signed Joe Cole. Hmm.

vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

great signing imo. with him in MF, gerrard can move fwd. playing just behind the fwd. line like he did when xabi alonso was there.

dunno what will happen to mascherano. if he leaves, that basically leaves lucas as the only defensive MF, ugh. of course the question at fwd. continues with torres's recurring injuries and who might take his place when he's out, maybe babbel can finally improve under a new coach and system, and there are questions at left back with insua sold to fiorentina and fabio aurelio leaving. but cole is a good signing. he makes less that gerrard and he didnt cost a pound in transfer fee.

NOW LISTENING TO:

DOM:

Dom's daily to do list:

vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

oh yeah, the serbian fwd. guy, jovanvic signed as well. so hpefully he works out and we dont have to worry for a legit torres replacement when he's out injured.

NOW LISTENING TO:

DOM:

Dom's daily to do list:

tiny butterfli

isn't joe cole injury prone tho? otherwise, i think it's a solid signing.

vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

he's had 2 injuries in his 12 year career. one on his foot after the 2006 WC and then 2 years ago cruciate ligament that kept him out until mid-season this past year.

plus, for most of the time he's been a bench warmer at Chelsea the past few years, so I think that physically he's probably less prone to getting injured since he doesnt have as many miles on his legs as other players have who have played week in, week out.

NOW LISTENING TO:

DOM:

Dom's daily to do list:

vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

MLS

looks like Rafa Marquez is in negotiations with the Red Bulls.

and Chicago Fire added Nery Castillo (greedy fucker fell off the face in the earth in 4 years) as a designated player.

NOW LISTENING TO:

DOM:

Dom's daily to do list:

vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

plus, for most of the time he's been a bench warmer at Chelsea the past few years, so I think that physically he's probably less prone to getting injured since he doesnt have as many miles on his legs as other players have who have played week in, week out.

to add on this point.

Cole is 28.

Gerrard 30.

they both debuted in 98-99, so both have played for 12 years in the EPL.

Gerrard has played in 366 games for 'Pool plus 84 caps = 450
Cole has 283 plus 56 caps = 339.

That is 111 games less wear and tear. Almost 3 season's worth of games.

NOW LISTENING TO:

DOM:

Dom's daily to do list:

tiny butterfli

Re: MLS

looks like Rafa Marquez is in negotiations with the Red Bulls.

i hope they make it all the way to the MLS Cup again and fail... again.

vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

of course because NYRB got Henry and possibly now Marquez, Galaxy has to counter. They'll go get someone - hope both teams implode.

NOW LISTENING TO:

DOM:

Dom's daily to do list:

tiny butterfli

of course because NYRB got Henry and possibly now Marquez, Galaxy has to counter. They'll go get someone - hope both teams implode.

apparently they are after Ronaldinho.

la liga fixtures come out tomorrow. but saw that the expected dates for El Clasico are 11/7 (Madrid) and 3/20 (Barcelona)

vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

zomg. maybe they'll go after CRon after he gets fed up with Mandril. ZOMG!!

NOW LISTENING TO:

DOM:

Dom's daily to do list:

tiny butterfli

zomg. maybe they'll go after CRon after he gets fed up with Mandril. ZOMG!!

well his baby mama does live in the States.

vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

salt lake city hopefully.

NOW LISTENING TO:

DOM:

Dom's daily to do list:

tiny butterfli

well this article has completely different dates for El Clasico.

http://fourfourtwo.com/news/spain/60164/default.aspx

waiting for the full listing

vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

full listings are on Marca and As.

NOW LISTENING TO:

DOM:

Dom's daily to do list:

vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

just saw the spanish calendar with more patience. if the league comes down to the last couple of months, Real has some difficult games away from home (aside form the Champions League games if they are still in it).

Between the 29th and 37th week, they gotta visit Atletico, Bilbao, Valencia, Sevilla, and Villarreal.

NOW LISTENING TO:

DOM:

Dom's daily to do list: