Registered: Nov 2004
Top 10 List: < click >
| Electric Zoo: Going Green, Art Installations & Sponsors
Due to popular demand, we've ordered more ferry boats!
Electric Zoo passes with ferry transportation are now available at www.ElectricZooFestival.com.
With Electric Zoo only a few days away, take a behind-the-scenes look at the green initiatives, art installations, sponsors and partners that make New York’s electronic music festival -- featuring 100+ of the world’s best electronic music artists headlined by Tiësto, David Guetta and Armin van Buuren -- so unique.
Electric Zoo Green Initiatives
Electric Zoo is setting a new precedent by producing the festival in a manner that is environmentally responsible. This year, the festival is instituting a set of green initiatives in an effort to be more environmentally conscious.
- On-site recycling program for all of the trash.
- h20 brand water in cardboard containers this year instead of plastic water bottles.
- All of the food products and beer will be served on compostable ware (including plates, cups, napkins & utensils).
- 50% of on-site generators are running on 100% biodiesel alternative fuel from recycled NYC fryer grease and the rest are on a B30 blend of 30% biodiesel from recycled NYC fryer grease and 70% diesel.
- All of the site equipment is running on a B30 blend of 30% biodiesel from recycled NYC fryer grease and 70% diesel.
- All food vendors that offer meat or dairy products are required by contract to source only organic, hormone free, humanely raised (cruelty free) products.
- No factory farmed animal products are permitted for sale at Electric Zoo.
Braindrop by Kate Raudenbush
On-site Art Installations
Electric Zoo invites you to explore and interact with art installations both inside the festival grounds and along the shoreline of Randall’s Island.
Garden of EZ
The Garden of EZ is a space to get lost in a reverie, and find yourself in a moment of contemplation. Featuring the work of artist Gizem Bacaz, and also home to Braindrop by Kate Raudenbush, the garden is a study of nature, blooming with art and eye candy. Be sure to pay a visit during the day and the night, as the garden transforms itself after sunset. gizembacaz.tumblr.com
Braindrop by Kate Raudenbush
This 17-foot tall, 10-foot wide laser-cut steel water drop recalls sacred spaces created to honor the water gods of ancient times. Kate Raudenbush’s Braindrop is a meditation space to honor the element of water in modern times. Be sure to take a few moments of solace and visit Braindrop at Electric Zoo, in the Garden of EZ. kateraudenbush.com
FLOW: A two-part public art exhibition on Randall’s Island
The Randall’s Island Sports Foundation (RISF), The Bronx Museum of the Arts, and Made Event are pleased to present FLOW, an environmental art exhibition featuring 5 site-specific art projects on view since July along the shoreline at Randall’s Island Park. The project is aimed at fostering appreciation of the shoreline through artistic expression, while calling visitors to interact with and care for the Park’s island environment. A portion of the sale of every Electric Zoo ticket from 2010 & 2011 is donated to the project. Be sure to check out the 2011 installations before entering and after exiting the festival grounds! www.flow11.org.
Sponsors, Media & Promotional Partners
Electric Zoo would like to thank this year’s sponsors and partners:
- h2O Spring Water. Part of the green initiatives, h2O minimizes the consumer’s impact on the environment by using recyclable, paper cartons.
- Red Bull. Sponsoring the Red Bull Riverside stage for its second year and in their third year sponsoring the festival, Red Bull is the exclusive energy drink of Electric Zoo.
- Coors Light. The World’s Most Refreshing Beer, perfect for cooling off after all-day dancing in the sun.
- F'real Milkshakes. Customize your own shakes at F’real’s on-site milkshake truck.
- BILLY BOY. Germany’s #1 condom brand has landed in America. BILLY BOY will have a misting tent and interactive area on the festival grounds.
- Sirius XM. Live broadcast and artist interviews from Electric Zoo festival. Listen to Sirius XM’s Electric Area on Channel 52 Wednesdays at 6pm & Saturdays 10am EDT for Electric Zoo Radio featuring sets from our artists.
- SPIN Magazine. Be sure to check out their special October dance music issue and Electric Zoo recaps online at Spin.com.
- CMJ 2011. Don’t miss the annual CMJ Music Marathon & Film Festival on October 18-23 in NYC.
- Mixcloud. Check the Electric Zoo Cloudcast series on Mixcloud featuring mixes from our artists at www.mixcloud.com/electriczoofestival
- BPM Festival. Mexico’s biggest dance music festival celebrates its fifth year in Playa del Carmen on the Riviera Maya from December 30, 2011 to January 8, 2012.
DANCE LOCAL THINK GLOBAL
Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged