Forum list. Calendar Articles, reviews and editorials. Pictures Listen to music and watch videos. See a listing of our DJ's / Producers.
Join our community and access additional features.Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences.View a list of our members.Answers to some frequently asked questions about using the message board.SearchFind all of the latest posts since your latest visit.Private messagingLog out of the message board Make the board look like a Word document Switch to layout optimized for mobile phones
Username: Password: 

Pages (6):   « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Groovanauts.com > Everything Else > Sports > 2009-2010 Miscellaneous Sports Thread
Author

Twitter Facebook MySpace Digg
Post New Thread   
domjuan
“Yes, we can!” has devolved into “Hey, we might.”

Find other members from Italy   This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.
Top 10 List: < click >

TIGER IS REALLY JUST THAT GOOD.

Money Driven, Anal Lover, Yankee Fan, Cowboy up & I Ride w/ the Heat!! I'm a relentless & persistent animal my desire is to be the worlds greatest. - me

“Liberalism is a mental disorder" ~MIKE SAVAGE

“I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee.”
Joe DiMaggio

Them that governs least, governs best- Thomas Jefferson

“The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”
- Thomas Jefferson

Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. - General George Patton Jr

I love my wife & my life.

"I am an Animal Rescuer. My work is never done, my home is never quiet, my wallet is always empty...but my heart is always full." Annette King-Tucker

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. ARMED FORCES don't have that problem."

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
3- Check in with Domjuan's secretary to see what hes up to for the day.
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
5- Master-bate to pics of Cindy Sheehan
6 - Spread innovative thinking that failed 25 years ago in Europe.
7- Burn an American flag
8- Spew out racist remarks to anybody that isn't a tree-huger like himself.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Click Here to See the Profile for domjuan Click here to Send domjuan a Private Message Visit domjuan's homepage! Find more posts by domjuan Add domjuan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
bxbomb
VIC....WHERES THE LINK ?!?!?

Find other members from United States  

Carl Edwards is the man
doin it Rickey Bobby style
[IMG][/IMG]

Click Here to See the Profile for bxbomb Click here to Send bxbomb a Private Message Find more posts by bxbomb Add bxbomb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
bxbomb

out before he hits the floor check out the eyes

Click Here to See the Profile for bxbomb Click here to Send bxbomb a Private Message Find more posts by bxbomb Add bxbomb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
domjuan

Find other members from Italy   This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

BALTIMORE -- Mine That Bird is headed to the Preakness.

The trainer of the gelding who won the Kentucky Derby at 50-1 odds said his horse will run in the May 16 Preakness at Pimlico, the second leg of the Triple Crown.

"I've never been to Baltimore, but it looks like I won't be able to say that in a few days," trainer Bennie Woolley Jr. said Monday.

Woolley said the horse will remain at Churchill Downs in Louisville at least until May 12 before shipping to Baltimore. He jogged a mile at Churchill on Monday morning and will have light jogs each of the next two days.

Woolley said there are no plans for the horse to have a full workout before the Preakness.

Mine That Bird, ridden by Calvin Borel, won the Derby by 6¾ lengths over Pioneerof the Nile -- the largest margin of victory since Assault in 1946.

On Sunday, a day after the big upset, Woolley said there's "no obligation" to go to the Preakness and added: "You've got to do what's best for the horse and the horse has got to come first."

And the horse has given every indication he came out of the race in good order.

"The Triple Crown is good for racing, and without the Derby winner, there is no chance to have one," he said.

The last Derby winner to skip the Preakness was an injured Grindstone in 1996. The last healthy Derby winner to miss it was Spend A Buck in 1985.

Other Derby horses expected to take on Mine That Bird are fourth-place finisher Papa Clem and possibly Pioneerof the Nile, third-place Musket Man, Join in the Dance (seventh) and General Quarters (10th).

Potential newcomers include Delta Jackpot winner Big Drama, Withers winner Mr. Fantasy, Take the Points and Miner's Escape.

The Preakness is limited to 14 starters.

The big question, of course, is whether Mine That Bird can win the Preakness and set up a Triple Crown attempt in the Belmont Stakes on June 6. The last Triple Crown winner was Affirmed in 1978.

Borel said he'll be more than happy to take a shot.

"He's plenty of horse," he said.

Pioneerof the Nile's trainer Bob Baffert had some advice for Woolley and owners Mark Allen and Leonard Blach on Sunday: if Mine That Bird is OK, go for it.

"This is a dream of a lifetime," Baffert said. "I hope he comes out of it well and they go and maybe he's for real. We're going to find out."

Last year, Big Brown won the Derby and the Preakness, but finished last in the Belmont after being pulled up on the turn for home.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

Money Driven, Anal Lover, Yankee Fan, Cowboy up & I Ride w/ the Heat!! I'm a relentless & persistent animal my desire is to be the worlds greatest. - me

Joe DiMaggio

“The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”
- Thomas Jefferson

"I am an Animal Rescuer. My work is never done, my home is never quiet, my wallet is always empty...but my heart is always full." Annette King-Tucker

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. ARMED FORCES don't have that problem."

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
7- Burn an American flag

Click Here to See the Profile for domjuan Click here to Send domjuan a Private Message Visit domjuan's homepage! Find more posts by domjuan Add domjuan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
domjuan

Delaware allows sports betting

By Chad Millman

The Delaware Senate voted in favor of Governor Jack Markell's proposal to legalize sports betting in the state on Tuesday by a vote of 17-2. Markell is expected to sign the bill into law later this week.

"It's time to move forward and ensure the Delaware Sports Lottery is a success," Markell said after the vote. "This will generate critical revenue to help fund our core commitments."

Delaware is one of only four states in the country -- along with Nevada, Oregon and Montana -- that had sports betting laws on its books when Congress passed the 1992 Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act, which banned states from being in the bookmaking business. Markell, whose state is facing a nearly $800 million budget deficit, hopes that bringing sports betting to his state will generate more than $50 million in the first year alone.

Delaware had a sports lottery -- basically parlay betting -- for one football season, back in 1976. It failed miserably. But for years the state legislature has been trying to bring it back to take advantage of an increased interest in gaming both nationwide and locally, especially along the condensed mid-Atlantic seaboard, where several states have gaming of some kind. However, former Governor Ruth Ann Minner opposed the idea.

The newly elected Markell hinted on the campaign trail he was open to sports betting, and then made it the centerpiece of his plan to reduce the state deficit. But when his bill was initially voted on by the Delaware House earlier last week, it was rejected. Many state legislators disagreed with what the governor was asking struggling local racinos -- horse race tracks that carry video slot machines -- to pay in newly charged licensing fees and increased shares of their handle. Two days later, after a nine-hour negotiation between Markell and leaders in the state legislature, a compromise was reached. In the Senate, the debate and the vote lasted less than 30 minutes.

"I am very pleased the senate acted so quickly to pass the sports lottery legislation," Markell said.

Less thrilled are the NFL and the NCAA, who both lobbied against the bill. After the vote passed, NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said in an e-mail: "We expect that everyone involved in the administration of sports leagues -- professional and amateur -- will review today's action and evaluate its impact as other decisions are made by Delaware officials and the Delaware Supreme Court."

Markell has been pushing for his sports betting bill to pass through the Delaware House and Senate quickly, so the state could be ready for action by the NFL season. "That's when we expect most of the betting activity to take place," Markell said earlier this year.

He's hoping to do more than offer up parlays, too. The governor has already asked the State Supreme Court to rule whether or not head-to-head betting is legal in the state. The Court declined to rule until after the bill had become law.

Now that it has, Markell is hopeful he'll get one more vote in his favor.

Joe DiMaggio

- Thomas Jefferson

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
7- Burn an American flag

domjuan

Tough night to be a Boston fan.

Joe DiMaggio

- Thomas Jefferson

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
7- Burn an American flag

domjuan

ANOTHER tough night for the mecca of sports.

Joe DiMaggio

- Thomas Jefferson

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
7- Burn an American flag

domjuan

Canseco beaten in MMA debut

Associated Press

YOKOHAMA, Japan -- Jose Canseco came out swinging but didn't last long in his debut in mixed martial arts.

The former Oakland Athletics slugger was defeated by South Korean super heavyweight Hong Man Choi by a knockout just 1 minute, 17 seconds into the first round at Yokohama Arena.

[+] EnlargeJose Canseco
AP Photo/Itsuo InouyeEx-major leaguer Jose Canseco hurt his right knee shortly into his MMA debut and lost in 1 minute, 17 seconds.

The referee stopped the fight when the 7-foot-2, 330-pound Choi knocked Canseco to the mat and started punching his head.

"That's a big man," Canseco said after the fight. "I ran into one of his left jabs and that almost knocked me out. You have no idea how scary it was facing a man that big."

Canseco did land the first blow with a right to the upper body of Choi but that was all the damage he could inflict on the Korean giant.

Shortly into the fight, Canseco hurt his right knee and was unable to do much after that.

"I hurt my knee back home real bad but I didn't want to disappoint the fans," Canseco said. "I knew that at some point during the fight my knee was going to give out and once I was down I knew I wasn't going to get up. He's just too heavy to move."

Canseco came into the arena to "Wild Thing" with a baseball bat on his shoulder. The way things turned out, he probably should have kept the bat.

He took a few swings of the bat after the fight was over and was helped out of the ring by his girlfriend, Heidi Northcott.

Canseco, who hit 462 home runs over 17 seasons in the major leagues, has had several fights inside the ring since leaving baseball but has never taken on professional fighters like Choi, who improved to 2-2 in MMA.

He boxed Danny Bonaduce, a former "Partridge Family" child star, to a draw in a celebrity match in January. The 1988 AL MVP, who named alleged steroid abusers like himself in his two books, lost to former Philadelphia Eagle Vai Sikahema in his first foray into celebrity boxing.

By his acknowledgment, the baseball outcast needs the money. It's one reason why Canseco has accepted a wide variety of offbeat jobs to make ends meet.

He said he will work on getting his knee back in shape before taking on any more fights.

"I have no idea if I'll do this again," Canseco said. "I've gotta get my knee better before I commit to anything like this."

Joe DiMaggio

- Thomas Jefferson

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
7- Burn an American flag

domjuan

Exodus Tyson dies from injuries
Comment Email Print Share
Associated Press

PHOENIX -- The 4-year-old daughter of boxer Mike Tyson died at a hospital Tuesday, a day after her neck apparently got caught in a treadmill cord at her Phoenix home, police said.

Exodus Tyson was pronounced dead just before noon, police Sgt. Andy Hill said. She had been on life support and police have said their investigation showed her injury on Monday was a "tragic accident."

"There are no words to describe the tragic loss of our beloved Exodus," the family said in a statement. "We ask you now to please respect our need at this very difficult time for privacy to grieve and try to help each other heal."

Police said Exodus either slipped or put her head in the loop of a cord hanging under the console. Her 7-year-old brother found her and told their mother. She took Exodus off the cord, called 911 and tried to revive her.

Responding officers and firefighters performed CPR as they took the girl to the hospital.

Former heavyweight champion Tyson was in Las Vegas at the time of the accident and flew Monday to Phoenix, where he was seen entering the hospital.

The family's home is in a modest, quiet neighborhood. Neighbors say they saw Tyson there from time to time and the children played outside regularly.

Dinka Radic, who lives across the street, said Exodus would ask her if she had any chocolate. When Radic gave her some, Exodus would hug the woman's knees and "kiss, kiss, kiss."

"She'd say 'hi' to everybody. She was really friendly," said Abdul Khalik, 53, who lives next door.

He said Exodus rode her bicycle in the neighborhood and often played with his two children and his niece. He said his 14-year-old daughter had cried all day after hearing of Exodus' death.

Ben Brodhurst, 20, who lives across the street, said Exodus' and her family went trick-or-treating at his house the last couple of Halloweens. She was "very lively, very enjoyable to be around," he said.

The neighborhood contrasts starkly with the lavish lifestyle Tyson had through his tumultuous years of boxing, when he spent tens of millions of dollars and says he had millions more stolen from him by unscrupulous associates. During two years at the height of his career, he earned $140 million.

The death of his child in such an unusual accident adds an awful chapter to the boxer's troubled life.

Tyson first began boxing in a facility for juvenile delinquents in upstate New York at the age of 12. Eight years later, he became the youngest heavyweight champion ever when he knocked out Trevor Berbick in 1986. But in 1990, he was defeated by James "Buster" Douglas in one of the biggest upsets in boxing history, and soon after was convicted of raping a beauty pageant contestant in Indianapolis.

Tyson, who still denies he raped the woman, served three years in prison.

A few years later, he served three months in jail for beating up two men after a minor car crash in suburban Washington.

As his career continued, so did his bizarre behavior. He bit off a piece of Evander Holyfield's ear during a boxing match and once threatened to eat the children of heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis.

Although Tyson's children had lived in their unassuming neighborhood for several years, he purchased a separate home in the tony Phoenix suburb of Paradise Valley in 2005 for $2.1 million, selling it two years later for $2.3 million.

In November 2007, Tyson spent 24 hours in Maricopa County's "Tent City" jail after pleading guilty to one count of cocaine possession and one misdemeanor count of driving under the influence. Police found the drug when they pulled over Tyson's car after he left a Scottsdale night club.

According to police, Tyson said after his arrest that he bought cocaine "whenever I can get my hands on it."

At Tyson's sentencing hearing, nearly a year after the arrest, his attorney David Chesnoff said his client had taken 29 drug tests without a relapse and was attending Alcoholic Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous meetings.

Tyson had become an example of how one overcomes problems with drugs, a violent past and poor upbringing, Chesnoff said.

"He's tried his hardest," his attorney said, "despite coming from almost impossible beginnings."

Joe DiMaggio

- Thomas Jefferson

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
7- Burn an American flag

domjuan

Matt Serra got robbed saturday.

Joe DiMaggio

- Thomas Jefferson

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
7- Burn an American flag

domjuan

Report: Slice to appear in series

Mixed martial arts heavyweight Kimbo Slice may be returning to television as part of UFC's "The Ultimate Fighter" reality series, Yahoo! Sports reported.

According to the report, UFC president Dana White, who has repeatedly scorned Slice's fighting skills, confirmed Slice will be one of 16 contestants appearing in the series.

"It should be interesting, given some of the things I've said about him," White said, according to the report.

Slice (3-1), who rose to prominence via Internet footage of his street brawls, turned pro and fought on national television as part of the now-defunct Elite XC circuit. In his last bout, on Oct. 4, he was stopped in 14 seconds by last-minute replacement Seth Petruzelli. Shortly afterward, Elite XC went out of business.

White pledged "some major surprises" for "The Ultimate Fighter" last Thursday, when he announced that former UFC light heavyweight champions Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Rashad Evans would serve as coaches for the 16 fighters on the show, Yahoo! Sports reported.

In the show, the 16 fighters live together and fight each other, with the eventual champion winning a UFC contract.

White earlier had insisted he would not allow Slice into UFC unless he won his way onto the show by competing on "The Ultimate Fighter," according to the report.

Joe DiMaggio

- Thomas Jefferson

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
7- Burn an American flag

vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

Find other members from Mexico   This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

Simona Halep Sets Date To Have Breast Reduction
May 28, 2009

June 3/09 - *Alena Schurkova: “Simona Halep You Can Be A Champion With Big Boobs”

Total Pro Sports - Many of us may have thought her previous threat to undergo breast reduction surgery would not fall through. Maybe she would realize how much those breasts meant to her fans. Perhaps she would understand that this can be the move that makes or breaks her promising career.Well the surgery has been booked, and let me be the first to shed a tear during this sad moment in the world of sports.

Reports indicate that the 34DD-sized Romanian tennis star, Simona Halep, has booked herself into a private hospital for surgery in the fall. When asked about the decision, Simona stated the following: "This fall I'll have a breast reduction operation. The breasts make me uncomfortable when I play. It's the weight that troubles me - my ability to react quickly." [TheSun]

While Simona believes that the reduction will give her less weight to carry around, making it easier for her to win some points, what she may also need to realize is that the loss of her large boob size will likely result in the loss of many fans. Anna Kournikova didn't need to be the best tennis player to make millions of dollars from it.

Looks seem to go a lot further in woman's tennis these days, but that road may soon close itself for simona halep. The exact date of the surgery is still unknown, but we here at TPS will continue to keep you posted on that as well as the chosen size and any other information we receive regarding our favorite tennis player, Simona Halep.

vicman ~ fastest in all of mexico

NOW LISTENING TO:

Flight 643 (Oroginal Mix) - Tiesto ~~~ EPIC!!!

That Look - DeLacy (Tsettos & Santana mix) - Denny Tsettos ~~~ MASSIVE!!!

Let The Sun Shine (JP Remix) - Fifth Dimension ~~~ FIERCE!!!

Air For Life (System F redub) - Andy Moore and Above and Beyond ~~~ MAGICAL!!!

When Epicness is Missing From Your Life - EPICRX IS THERE FOR YOU. RECOMMENDED AND ENDORSED BY ANDY MOORE.

"I don't feel old. I don't feel anything till noon. That's when it's time for my nap." ~ Andy 'muthafokin' Moore

"When I need my weather, there is only one place I turn to: EPIC Weather. On the Weather Channel." ~ Andy 'muthafokin' Moore

Lets watch Dom promise joining the Armed Forces, then back out 5 minutes later.

DOM:
I would be willing to enlist, unlike you, point proven .I said it in 2001 and my stance hasn't changed, If somebody attacks American on our soil and gets on tv or net and says come get us you Yankee p*ssies. I would join the military in 2 seconds.

Al-Qaeda isnt a country moron. They are a global organizations of scumbags.

First of all bin ladon didn't take credit for attacks in 2001, he denied it until 2004. When was he elected president of Afghanistan?2000?If so hes had a great 11 run so far... Considering hes been rumored to be in Pakistan for years, he doesn't fit into either of my criteria's.

Dom's daily to do list:

1- Kiss his "wife" on his way out of his house
2- Blame everything on Obama
3- Give no credit to Obama, even when Bin Laden, al-Awlaki, and Gaddafi were taken care of
3- Dump all his work on his secretary
4- Twitter, facebook for 2 hours
5- Post on Yankee/Jets/Knicks blogs
6 - Read conservative blogs and watch Fox
7- Select items from said sources that he lift and pass on as his own
8- Get schooled on his ignorance everyday
9- Spray tan so he's ready to club 24/7/365 for the next epic party that he will attend

Click Here to See the Profile for vicman Click here to Send vicman a Private Message Find more posts by vicman Add vicman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

Find other members from Mexico   This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

NOW LISTENING TO:

When Epicness is Missing From Your Life - EPICRX IS THERE FOR YOU. RECOMMENDED AND ENDORSED BY ANDY MOORE.

"I don't feel old. I don't feel anything till noon. That's when it's time for my nap." ~ Andy 'muthafokin' Moore

"When I need my weather, there is only one place I turn to: EPIC Weather. On the Weather Channel." ~ Andy 'muthafokin' Moore

DOM:
I would be willing to enlist, unlike you, point proven .I said it in 2001 and my stance hasn't changed, If somebody attacks American on our soil and gets on tv or net and says come get us you Yankee p*ssies. I would join the military in 2 seconds.

First of all bin ladon didn't take credit for attacks in 2001, he denied it until 2004. When was he elected president of Afghanistan?2000?If so hes had a great 11 run so far... Considering hes been rumored to be in Pakistan for years, he doesn't fit into either of my criteria's.

Dom's daily to do list:

3- Give no credit to Obama, even when Bin Laden, al-Awlaki, and Gaddafi were taken care of
9- Spray tan so he's ready to club 24/7/365 for the next epic party that he will attend

Click Here to See the Profile for vicman Click here to Send vicman a Private Message Find more posts by vicman Add vicman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

NOW LISTENING TO:

DOM:

Dom's daily to do list:

vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

Pacquiao - Cotto looks to be set for November.

Mayweather got injured last week and postponed his fight with Marquez.

NOW LISTENING TO:

DOM:

Dom's daily to do list:

domjuan

Originally posted by vicman

Dont they get in the way of her backhand?

Joe DiMaggio

- Thomas Jefferson

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
7- Burn an American flag

domjuan

Joe Bucks show last night was absolutely horrible

Joe DiMaggio

- Thomas Jefferson

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
7- Burn an American flag

domjuan

Good to see Phil making a run.

Joe DiMaggio

- Thomas Jefferson

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
7- Burn an American flag

domjuan

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- NASCAR confirmed Wednesday that suspended driver Jeremy Mayfield tested positive for methamphetamines.

The confirmation came outside federal court after Mayfield's attorney mentioned the illegal substance several times during a 45-minute argument against the driver's indefinite suspension. Court recessed after Bill Diehl's argument and is set to reconvene Wednesday afternoon.

Mayfield
Mayfield

"We will prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that Jeremy Mayfield did violate the NASCAR substance abuse policy and tested positive for methamphetamines," spokesman Ramsey Poston said.

Diehl argued in court that Mayfield has never shown any characteristics of a meth abuser, and if he used the drug at the levels NASCAR has suggested, Mayfield would be "either a walking zombie or he's dead.

"His teeth were never rotting out, his eyes were not sunken," Diehl said. "He never displayed any characteristics that are commonly seen by everyone among people who use meth."

In an affidavit filed last week, Mayfield denied ever using methamphetamines and said he didn't know how he failed a random drug test taken May 1. He was suspended eight days later after his backup "B" sample also came back positive for a banned substance.

Previously, NASCAR had refused to disclose what substance Mayfield tested positive for, and blacked out the name of the drug in all court filings leading up to Wednesday's hearing, which was attended by NASCAR chairman Brian France and president Mike Helton.

Diehl said outside court that it's been common knowledge in the industry that Mayfield tested positive for methamphetamines.

Mayfield has blamed his positive test result on the combination of Adderall for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, and Claritin-D for allergies, an explanation repeatedly debunked by NASCAR's program administrator.

Mayfield is challenging the validity of NASCAR's testing system, and Diehl argued it's flawed because Mayfield never had the opportunity to get his backup "B" sample tested by an independent laboratory. Nashville, Tenn.-based Aegis Sciences Corp., which runs NASCAR's testing program, tested both of Mayfield's samples.

Diehl argued that federal guidelines allow an individual a 72-hour window to have an independent lab analyze a sealed backup sample. He said that when Aegis tested the backup "B" sample two days after the "A" sample came back positive, Mayfield lost any opportunity to challenge the results because the seal had been broken on the second sample.

He also condemned NASCAR for acting as if its policies are above federal guidelines, and for not having a clear drug policy with a defined list of banned substances. Although NASCAR provided crews with a list of prohibited substances, drivers do not have one because NASCAR reserves the right to test for anything at any time.

"They say 'We're not bound by anything. We're NASCAR. We can do what we want to do,' " Diehl said. "If they decide to ban Coca-Cola, or coffee or orange juice, their argument is 'We can.'

"That smells bad, and it stinks enough that the court should intervene."

Diehl wants U.S. District Court Judge Graham Mullen to reinstate Mayfield on Wednesday in time to travel to this weekend's race at Daytona International Speedway. He said NASCAR would not be harmed by Mayfield racing this weekend, and the sanctioning body can drug test Mayfield every day going forward.

"Independence Day for Jeremy ought to be today," Diehl told Mullen, noting that Saturday night's race falls on the holiday.

Mayfield indicated outside court he will go to Daytona if he's reinstated, but he was not clear in what capacity. He owns his own low-budget team, but said in court documents last week that he's had to lay off 10 employees, borrow money from family and sell personal assets to meet his living expenses.

"I want to drive and would love to be there driving," he said. "But obviously it's late in the week. But we'll definitely be there."

Ownership of the No. 41 Toyota was transferred to his wife, Shana, following his suspension, but she cited financial reasons in not sending the team to the past five races. The team used J.J. Yeley in the first two races following Mayfield's suspension.

Mullen advised the court he would recess after 75 minutes because he had a funeral to attend and said he'd hear NASCAR when he returned.

"What Bill Diehl proved today is that he has a remarkably vivid imagination in terms of what the procedures are," Poston said. "NASCAR followed all its procedures. The samples are pristine, and this afternoon ... we have the opportunity to speak to the judge."

Joe DiMaggio

- Thomas Jefferson

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
7- Burn an American flag

Kevino
Sicker than the sickest sickness

RIP Arturo Gatti

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=4321150

http://www.rhythmism.com/forum/showpost.php?p=856419&postcount=62

Click Here to See the Profile for Kevino Click here to Send Kevino a Private Message Find more posts by Kevino Add Kevino to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
bxbomb

Originally posted by Kevino
RIP Arturo Gatti

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=4321150

Horrible news over the weekend
in my top 3 of all time boxers ever

between McNairs girl and Mrs. Gatti
always remember
"BITCHES BE CRAZY"

domjuan

Gasquet cleared to resume playing
Comment Email Print Share
Associated Press

LONDON -- Richard Gasquet escaped a lengthy doping ban Wednesday when the International Tennis Federation ruled that he inadvertently took cocaine.

The 23-year-old Frenchman, who was cleared to resume playing after completing a 2½-month ban Wednesday, convinced an independent anti-doping tribunal that he ingested cocaine by kissing a woman he met at a nightclub in Miami.

The tribunal panel of three lawyers said Gasquet consumed no more than "a grain of salt" of the drug, and a long ban would be an injustice in a case which was "unusual to the point of being probably unique."

"We have found the player to be a person who is shy and reserved, honest and truthful and a man of integrity and good character," the tribunal said in its ruling.

The ITF, which had sought a two-year ban under the terms of the World Anti-Doping Agency's code, was told to impose a retroactive ban of two months, 15 days. The ban ended Wednesday morning, clearing 32nd-ranked Gasquet to resume playing.

Gasquet tested positive in a urine sample in March after he pulled out of the Sony Ericsson Open in Key Biscayne, Fla., with a shoulder injury.

After deciding to withdraw from the tournament he went to a nightclub with friends to see a French DJ perform at a Miami dance music festival, which the tribunal noted was "notoriously associated with use of illegal recreational drugs including cocaine."

Gasquet told the tribunal hearing held in London last month that he kissed a woman, identified in the ruling only as "Pamela."

The tribunal said it was likely she had consumed cocaine during the night, though it had no direct evidence.

Gasquet was "on the balance of probability, contaminated with cocaine by Pamela" and, therefore, not significantly at fault for the doping offense, the ruling said.

"We take into account that the amount of cocaine in the player's body was so small that if he had been tested only a few hours later, his test result would be likely to have been negative," the tribunal stated.

Gasquet also argued at the hearing that his positive test was given after he had pulled out of the Key Biscayne tournament. Cocaine is a banned drug for athletes in competition.

The tribunal said Gasquet's rights to practice his profession would be infringed by a one-year suspension, though it was required to find that a doping offense was committed.

It also noted that Gasquet would be banned for life if he tested positive for a banned drug a second time.

The ruling allowed the Frenchman to keep the ranking points and prize money he gained at tournaments in April.

The ITF provisionally suspended Gasquet when the test result was announced in May and he was forced to miss the French Open and Wimbledon. His ranking has since dropped nine places.

The ruling can be appealed to the Court of Arbitration for Sport within three weeks.

Joe DiMaggio

- Thomas Jefferson

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
7- Burn an American flag

domjuan

anybody have the erin andrews video?

Joe DiMaggio

- Thomas Jefferson

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
7- Burn an American flag

Kevino
Sicker than the sickest sickness

RIP Vernon Forrest

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=4356715

http://www.rhythmism.com/forum/showpost.php?p=856419&postcount=62

Click Here to See the Profile for Kevino Click here to Send Kevino a Private Message Find more posts by Kevino Add Kevino to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
domjuan

Pitino Admits To Sex, Paying For Abortion
Report: Rick Pitino tells police he had consensual sex with Karen Cunagin Sypher in 2003

Louisville coach Rick Pitino told police that he had consensual sex with and paid for an abortion for the woman who has been charged with trying to extort him, the Louisville Courier-Journal reported on Tuesday.

Karen Cunagin Sypher was federally charged in April with demanding cars, tuition for her children and finally $10 million. Police interviewed Pitino, who is married, regarding the incident last month, and according to the newspaper, he said that he gave the woman $3,000 to have an abortion.

AP Photo/Ed ReinkeRick Pitino reportedly revealed details of his relationship with a woman who has been charged with extorting him.

Police records obtained by the Courier-Journal show that Pitino said he had sex with the then Karen Cunagin at a Louisville restaurant where he had been drinking on Aug. 1, 2003. He denied Cunagin Sypher's allegations that he raped her at the restaurant and then again later at a different location.

Sypher's attorney, James Earhart, said Wednesday morning that he hadn't yet talked to Sypher about the release of the police documents, but planned to later in the day. He said he didn't know how it would affect the case against her since all those involved were already aware of the documents.

Pitino told police that Cunagin Sypher called him about two weeks after the initial encounter and said that she was pregnant. They arranged to meet at the condominium of Louisville strength coach Tim Sypher, whom she did not know at that time but would later marry.

According to the police report, Pitino told her that he had five children and she had four, and that he didn't know what he wanted to do. Pitino said Cunagin Sypher had decided to get an abortion but claimed to not have health insurance. Pitino then gave her the $3,000. He told police that the two did not have sex at the condo or at any other location.

According to the report, Cunagin Sypher married Tim Sypher about six months later and, though she saw Pitino at team events, he claims there was never "any strange behavior." Cunagin Sypher and Tim Sypher are now estranged and divorce proceedings have been initiated.

The criminal complaint said Tim Sypher brought Pitino a written list of demands from his wife, including college tuition for her children, two cars, money to pay off her house and $3,000 per month. The demands later escalated to $10 million, the complaint said. Tim Sypher has not been charged in the case.

Cunagin Sypher reported the alleged rapes on July 9, about two months after she was indicted for extortion and lying to the FBI.

Sgt. Andy Abbott, the commander of the police department's sex offense unit, asked Cunagin Sypher during one interview why she waited until after she was indicted on the extortion charge to report her allegations.

She gave varying answers, according to transcripts, saying she wanted to forget about it, then that Pitino threatened her and finally that "they kept throwing crumbs to keep me happy." She didn't say what they were, the newspaper reported.

Abbott asked Cunagin Sypher in the interview why she was coming forward now, only after she was charged.

"Because ... where we are, it seems like retaliation," Abbott said.

"I know it does," Cunagin Sypher responded.

Cunagin Sypher told police she met Pitino at the restaurant and asked him to speak to her sons on the phone, which he did. She said the place's owner gave Pitino the keys at the end of the night and asked him to lock up when he left. She alleged that Pitino then forced himself on her.

In one of her interviews, Cunagin Sypher did not disclose that there was a witness to the event at the restaurant, Vinnie Tatum, an executive assistant to Pitino. According to Abbott's report, Tatum said he didn't see what happened but heard "only the sounds of two people that seemed to be enjoying themselves during a sexual encounter."

Louisville commonwealth's attorney David Stengel declined to prosecute the case in July.

Steven Pence, Pitino's lawyer, told ESPN.com Tuesday night that there is no reason why Pitino would take a leave of absence in light of the information from his client's police interview being made public.

"I can't see any reason why the coach would take a leave of absence for being victimized by a woman like this," Pence said. "He doesn't deserve to be punished for something he hasn't done. I can see no reason why he would take a leave of absence when he was being extorted. He has done nothing illegal."

Kenny Klein, assistant athletic director in charge of communications at Louisville, added that Pitino hasn't made any suggestion that he would leave the program. He said that athletic director Tom Jurich and the administration are behind Pitino.

Jurich said in a statement that "Coach Pitino has been truthful with us about this matter all along and we stand by him and his family during this process."

Louisville University president James Ramsey said his thoughts were with Pitino and his family.

"Several months ago Coach Pitino informed me about the alleged extortion attempt. I've now been informed that there may be other details which, if true, I find surprising," he said in a statement.

Pitino hired longtime friend Ralph Willard, former head coach at Holy Cross, to be his top assistant in June. But Klein said there was no indication when Willard was hired that he would take over for Pitino on an interim basis.

Pence told ESPN.com that Pitino's involvement in the case would only be for one day when he is called as a witness, adding that there will not be any legal burden on Pitino during the trial. The date of the trial is still pending.

"The coach is a witness," Pence said. "He's not subject to any penalty. He's not reporting to a probation officer. He's a witness. He'll show up one time and that will be it. This is not Pitino vs. Sypher. It's the United States government vs. Sypher."

At least one coach close to Pitino told ESPN.com Tuesday night that there was no reason to believe Pitino would step away from coaching.

"We will have this tried in court," Pence said. "We're not going to address the facts in this case until the time is right and that time right now is a pending federal trial."

Pitino isn't expected to make any public statements on the matter until he is in court.

Pitino is Catholic and brings along close friend and spiritual adviser, the Rev. Edward Bradley -- a priest in Henderson, Ky. -- on many team trips. Bradley often prays with the team before games and is a fixture near the Louisville bench.

There was no answer late Tuesday at the priest's office where he also lives.

Earhart told the Courier-Journal he hadn't received the records and couldn't comment. The newspaper obtained the records under the Kentucky Open Records Act.

The case became public in April when Pitino released a statement saying someone had tried to extort him. Pitino said he reported it to the FBI, and Sypher surrendered to authorities a few days later when she was named in a criminal complaint. At the time, several media outlets declined to air interviews with Sypher about allegations against Pitino because they were personal and unsubstantiated.

Pitino just finished his eighth season with the Cardinals, leading Louisville to a 31-6 record and the Big East regular-season and tournament titles. The Cardinals lost to Michigan State in the regional finals of the NCAA tournament.

Pitino has coached two NBA teams. He went 90-74 with the New York Knicks from 1987 to 1989 and 102-146 with the Celtics from 1997 to 2001.

ESPN.com senior writer Andy Katz and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Joe DiMaggio

- Thomas Jefferson

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
7- Burn an American flag