Forum list. Calendar Articles, reviews and editorials. Pictures Listen to music and watch videos. See a listing of our DJ's / Producers.
Join our community and access additional features.Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences.View a list of our members.Answers to some frequently asked questions about using the message board.SearchFind all of the latest posts since your latest visit.Private messagingLog out of the message board Make the board look like a Word document Switch to layout optimized for mobile phones
Username: Password: 

Pages (2):   1 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Groovanauts.com > Music Forums > Promotions / Events > Washington, DC Area > 10.4 - NoMansLand pres: God Made Me Funky with JAN KRUEGER, Sam Burns + more!
Author

Twitter Facebook MySpace Digg
Post New Thread   
beema
cuberoolische

Find other members from United States   This member is single. To change your relationship status, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences. This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.
Top 10 List: < click >

10.4 - NoMansLand pres: God Made Me Funky with JAN KRUEGER, Sam Burns + more!

Saturday October 4th
NoMansLand presents:
GOD MADE ME FUNKY

Featuring two rooms of music in a large loft space.

Room 1 Lineup:

JAN KRUEGER [Hello?Repeat, Berlin]

a first ever exclusive DC performance!

Beema [NoMansLand, DC]
Measax + Docindo.Dorsey [Stirsound, DC]
JXNBLK - Live [Tropic/Flumo, DC]
Clinc [3AM, DC]

Room 2 Lineup:

Sam Burns [Underground Soul Solution, DC]
Juan Zapata of ECB [Everybody Loves Music, DC]
Joe L [Deeper by Design, DC]
Navbox + Rosario [DC]

21+ with valid ID
Time: 9PM - 5AM
On the corner of New York + Penn St
(entrance in rear alley)
Just one block northeast of the New York + Florida Ave / Gallaudet Metro Stop on the Red Line

$10 before 12AM, $15 thereafter.
$5 discount all night with RSVP (full name + email) to info@nomanslandevents.com
(send by Friday Oct. 3rd at 4pm)

Brought to you by:
www.nomanslandevents.com
www.sophistos.com
www.beyondbooking.com

Take a trip... there's acid in my fridge...

8.28 - Butane + Pezzner LIVE
9.25 - Par Grindvik

Last edited by beema on 09-29-2008 at 10:43 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Click Here to See the Profile for beema Click here to Send beema a Private Message Visit beema's homepage! Find more posts by beema Add beema to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
2rip
Raisin' up some HYPE

Find other members from United States   This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

Looks like I'll have to show up to this.

Great flyer, Ruben.

My booking schedule:

12/18 - Short Circuit rave, DC
12/19 - Black Hole, Baltimore
12/31 - Dieselboy & DJ 2rip @ Club 24, DC
1/17 - And Here It Is @ Bourbon St, Baltimore
2/19 - Konkrete Jungle, Philly
2/20 - TBA, New York City
2/25 - Temple SF, San Francisco
2/26 - Kelly's Mission Rock, San Francisco
2/27 - Hot Chocolate 4, Reno NV
3/13 - PEACE @ Black Hole, Baltimore
4/23 - Hardcore Till I Die @ Muse, DC
6/12 - PLUR TOUR - Indianapolis
6/13 - PLUR TOUR - Chicago
9/4 - Black Rock City, NV

FIND ME ON FACEBOOK
www.myspace.com/dj2rip
www.districtignition.com

Click Here to See the Profile for 2rip Click here to Send 2rip a Private Message Visit 2rip's homepage! Find more posts by 2rip Add 2rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
beema
cuberoolische

Find other members from United States   This member is single. To change your relationship status, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences. This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

All credit for the flyer goes to Graham Jackson!

9.25 - Par Grindvik

Click Here to See the Profile for beema Click here to Send beema a Private Message Visit beema's homepage! Find more posts by beema Add beema to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
littlelauren

Find other members from Philippines   This member is a f. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

i'm excited for this!

"what is a jersey girl? shes humble but ambitious. shes independent but family oriented. she likes eating pizza, having great hair, and wearing lots of mascara, but dont think for a moment shes not sophisticated. jersey girls are about attitude. shes got a mouth on her. she says what she means. a jersey girl is crunchy on the outside and soft in the center. she has the tenacity and drive of a new yorker, but with the beauty of warmth and humility that being from jersey is all about. shes got a nice, cheerful laugh. shes spunky and witty, and she handles competition very well. shes got confidence. Whatever work she does, she gives it her all. bottom line: shes sexy as hell and if youre lucky, shes yours." --the star ledger

Click Here to See the Profile for littlelauren Click here to Send littlelauren a Private Message Find more posts by littlelauren Add littlelauren to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
STP

Find other members from United States  

This'll be the real deal!

Click Here to See the Profile for STP Click here to Send STP a Private Message Visit STP's homepage! Find more posts by STP Add STP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
beema
cuberoolische

9.25 - Par Grindvik

beema
cuberoolische

Jan Krueger (Hello?Repeat, Berlin)

It's 1995 in Düsseldorf - Jan's hometown - and he's consumed by the Music of Labels like M-Plant, Relief, Sound Signature, Planet E or Phono. His first steps to present his record selection not only to his lovely dog and cat at home, Jan owes to a very good friend who holds a residency at one of the best underground clubs for electronic music. An old wine cellar located in Wuppertal near Düsseldorf. Here he had the pleasure to play along site artists who inspired him since the early nineties. In short - this is the precise starting point of a never ending story fuelled by love for the music.

In 1996 Jan started to work for a record store and focused on hosting his own parties starring international guests like Daniel Bell, Matthew Herbert, Ata or Steve Bug. At nearly the same time he meets the young and promising producer Daze Maxim. Both clicked right away and found out that they have a quit similar interest in electronic music. Both decided to start some excursions in Maxim's backroom studio to produce deep and minimal house tracks which were finally released on Matthias Tanzmanns Moon Harbour Recordings in 2001.

Three years later Jan determined after sleepless nights to leave physically Düsseldorf and all his friends in order to start a new chapter in Hamburg. In fact of his long friendship to the stuff of Germanys leading distribution company Word and Sound, it was nearby to start as sales manager at this firm. As a consequence of all this, it wasnt a long way to relate together with Daze the proposition of a platform for him and friends. Hello?Repeat was born. As a DJ Jan is adapted in the late night hours, playing his highly individual and addictive mixture of deephouse, minimal and techno with rough edges, always focused on the dance floor. Related he hold a residency at Düsseldorfs Harpune and plays sustainable abroad to represent the high quality sound of Hello?Repeat.

Websites:
http://www.myspace.com/jankrueger
http://www.beyondbooking.com/artists/jan_krueger/
http://www.discogs.com/label/Hello%3F+Repeat

Download Sets:
http://beyond.datavibe.net/20080702_JanKrueger.mp3
http://www.hellorepeat.com/mix/jankrueger_020408.mp3
http://www.hellorepeat.com/mix/jankrueger_290208.mp3

9.25 - Par Grindvik

nautilus60

Find other members from Ukraine  

Where can I get more info on the venue?

Click Here to See the Profile for nautilus60 Click here to Send nautilus60 a Private Message Find more posts by nautilus60 Add nautilus60 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
snotbubbl1
Punk Ass

get it right, get it tight

Click Here to See the Profile for snotbubbl1 Click here to Send snotbubbl1 a Private Message Find more posts by snotbubbl1 Add snotbubbl1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
beema
cuberoolische

Originally posted by nautilus60
Where can I get more info on the venue?

Your guess is as good as mine. It's not a club or anything.

Basically, two large rooms with wood dancefloors, sort of like a dance studio, on the third floor of a warehouse space. With three single occupancy bathrooms.
And a bar

9.25 - Par Grindvik

glittergirl
glowgirl

Find other members from United States   This member is single. To change your relationship status, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences. This member is a f. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

you were right about the flier lol.

i'll see you at 3am-ish. and i'll bring whoever i can round up.
looooove the beard, btw.

www.myspace.com/glowinggirl
AIM: missbarbiedoll6

"It seemed like a good idea at the time." ~sammy

[referring to sanath's cat] "Do those things come in other colors?" - Koon

"There are people who play records and there are DJ's who blow minds." - Eddie Halliwell

"Don't be a prisoner of your own style" - Armin van Buuren

Click Here to See the Profile for glittergirl Click here to Send glittergirl a Private Message Find more posts by glittergirl Add glittergirl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
littlelauren

Find other members from Philippines   This member is a f. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

Originally posted by glittergirl
you were right about the flier lol.

i'll see you at 3am-ish. and i'll bring whoever i can round up.
looooove the beard, btw.

yay! i'm glad you're coming!!

"what is a jersey girl? shes humble but ambitious. shes independent but family oriented. she likes eating pizza, having great hair, and wearing lots of mascara, but dont think for a moment shes not sophisticated. jersey girls are about attitude. shes got a mouth on her. she says what she means. a jersey girl is crunchy on the outside and soft in the center. she has the tenacity and drive of a new yorker, but with the beauty of warmth and humility that being from jersey is all about. shes got a nice, cheerful laugh. shes spunky and witty, and she handles competition very well. shes got confidence. Whatever work she does, she gives it her all. bottom line: shes sexy as hell and if youre lucky, shes yours." --the star ledger

Click Here to See the Profile for littlelauren Click here to Send littlelauren a Private Message Find more posts by littlelauren Add littlelauren to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
2rip
Raisin' up some HYPE

Find other members from United States   This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

Originally posted by beema

It's 1995 in Düsseldorf - Jan's hometown

Isn't that the place from Harry Potter? Or does the name of that city just sound Potter-ish?

My booking schedule:

12/18 - Short Circuit rave, DC
12/19 - Black Hole, Baltimore
12/31 - Dieselboy & DJ 2rip @ Club 24, DC
1/17 - And Here It Is @ Bourbon St, Baltimore
2/19 - Konkrete Jungle, Philly
2/20 - TBA, New York City
2/25 - Temple SF, San Francisco
2/26 - Kelly's Mission Rock, San Francisco
2/27 - Hot Chocolate 4, Reno NV
3/13 - PEACE @ Black Hole, Baltimore
4/23 - Hardcore Till I Die @ Muse, DC
6/12 - PLUR TOUR - Indianapolis
6/13 - PLUR TOUR - Chicago
9/4 - Black Rock City, NV

FIND ME ON FACEBOOK
www.myspace.com/dj2rip
www.districtignition.com

Click Here to See the Profile for 2rip Click here to Send 2rip a Private Message Visit 2rip's homepage! Find more posts by 2rip Add 2rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
beema
cuberoolische

You're probably thinking of Dumbledor, the headmaster at his school.

9.25 - Par Grindvik

nautilus60

Find other members from Ukraine  

Originally posted by beema
Your guess is as good as mine. It's not a club or anything.

Basically, two large rooms with wood dancefloors, sort of like a dance studio, on the third floor of a warehouse space. With three single occupancy bathrooms.
And a bar

Cool. Sounds like my kind of place. See you there!

Click Here to See the Profile for nautilus60 Click here to Send nautilus60 a Private Message Find more posts by nautilus60 Add nautilus60 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
glittergirl
glowgirl

Find other members from United States   This member is single. To change your relationship status, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences. This member is a f. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

haha chad i was totally thinking that too. great minds think alike.

lauren... we haven't had any scandalous pictures lately.
bodyshots??

"There are people who play records and there are DJ's who blow minds." - Eddie Halliwell

Click Here to See the Profile for glittergirl Click here to Send glittergirl a Private Message Find more posts by glittergirl Add glittergirl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
littlelauren

Originally posted by glittergirl
bodyshots??

vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

Find other members from Mexico   This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

where the hell is this joint?

vicman ~ fastest in all of mexico

NOW LISTENING TO:

Flight 643 (Oroginal Mix) - Tiesto ~~~ EPIC!!!

That Look - DeLacy (Tsettos & Santana mix) - Denny Tsettos ~~~ MASSIVE!!!

Let The Sun Shine (JP Remix) - Fifth Dimension ~~~ FIERCE!!!

Air For Life (System F redub) - Andy Moore and Above and Beyond ~~~ MAGICAL!!!

When Epicness is Missing From Your Life - EPICRX IS THERE FOR YOU. RECOMMENDED AND ENDORSED BY ANDY MOORE.

"I don't feel old. I don't feel anything till noon. That's when it's time for my nap." ~ Andy 'muthafokin' Moore

"When I need my weather, there is only one place I turn to: EPIC Weather. On the Weather Channel." ~ Andy 'muthafokin' Moore

Lets watch Dom promise joining the Armed Forces, then back out 5 minutes later.

DOM:
I would be willing to enlist, unlike you, point proven .I said it in 2001 and my stance hasn't changed, If somebody attacks American on our soil and gets on tv or net and says come get us you Yankee p*ssies. I would join the military in 2 seconds.

Al-Qaeda isnt a country moron. They are a global organizations of scumbags.

First of all bin ladon didn't take credit for attacks in 2001, he denied it until 2004. When was he elected president of Afghanistan?2000?If so hes had a great 11 run so far... Considering hes been rumored to be in Pakistan for years, he doesn't fit into either of my criteria's.

Dom's daily to do list:

1- Kiss his "wife" on his way out of his house
2- Blame everything on Obama
3- Give no credit to Obama, even when Bin Laden, al-Awlaki, and Gaddafi were taken care of
3- Dump all his work on his secretary
4- Twitter, facebook for 2 hours
5- Post on Yankee/Jets/Knicks blogs
6 - Read conservative blogs and watch Fox
7- Select items from said sources that he lift and pass on as his own
8- Get schooled on his ignorance everyday
9- Spray tan so he's ready to club 24/7/365 for the next epic party that he will attend

Click Here to See the Profile for vicman Click here to Send vicman a Private Message Find more posts by vicman Add vicman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
DCgirly

Originally posted by vicman
where the hell is this joint?

The warehouse.

Click Here to See the Profile for DCgirly Click here to Send DCgirly a Private Message Find more posts by DCgirly Add DCgirly to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
glittergirl
glowgirl

411 new york ave NE

DCgirly

Its a really amazing space. The warehouse where Ali showed up last time.

Click Here to See the Profile for DCgirly Click here to Send DCgirly a Private Message Find more posts by DCgirly Add DCgirly to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
UAKid
_G

Find other members from Ukraine   This member is taken or not dating. To change your relationship status, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences. This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

Originally posted by DCgirly
Its a really amazing space. The warehouse where Ali showed up last time.

I was going to say, they threw awesome party there last time

Click Here to See the Profile for UAKid Click here to Send UAKid a Private Message Find more posts by UAKid Add UAKid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
UAKid
_G

Find other members from Ukraine   This member is taken or not dating. To change your relationship status, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences. This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

this party is going to rock

Click Here to See the Profile for UAKid Click here to Send UAKid a Private Message Find more posts by UAKid Add UAKid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
beema
cuberoolische

you got till 5PM to get your RSVP's in if you haven't done so yet!

9.25 - Par Grindvik

dc_compufonic

Find other members from United States  

Flyer looks like Feel the Spirit flyer for water taxi party this weekend in NY.

Click Here to See the Profile for dc_compufonic Click here to Send dc_compufonic a Private Message Find more posts by dc_compufonic Add dc_compufonic to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote