Help our Glow community grow. Click here to refer friends to our site!
Groovanauts.com > Forums > Affiliate Forum Hosting > GLOW > GLOW Suggestions > Fur DJ Booth sucks compared to the old one
Forum Navigation:
Username: Password: 

Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
18hands

Top 10 List: < click >

Arrow Fur DJ Booth compared to the old one

I had a terrible time last night too. It wasn't the line I got there early and stayed only until 2 cause it didn't get any better. It was the shady superficial vibe.

The one saving grace of the old Glow was that you were at the same level with the DJ. You could almost see what records he or she was playing. Also it felt like they were in the middle of the dance floor.

fur as a club didn't impress me it's not just about sound and lighting you have to get the right people to organize and provide security.

Listening to: steel pulse - chant a psalm

Last edited by Glowcrew on 10-14-2004 at 11:31 AM

Last edited by Glowcrew on 10-14-2004 at 11:31 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-19-2004 05:08 PM
18hands is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 18hands Click here to Send 18hands a Private Message Find more posts by 18hands Add 18hands to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trancEyes22
hi.

how high up is the booth? can you even see the dj? can the dj see you?

Old Post 09-19-2004 08:14 PM
trancEyes22 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trancEyes22 Click here to Send trancEyes22 a Private Message Visit trancEyes22's homepage! Find more posts by trancEyes22 Add trancEyes22 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tiny butterfli

I'm not even 5 ft tall and I could see PvD whenever I looked up into the booth. I didn't think it was that high

"We'll have a party to celebrate your Mexicality." - Michael to Oscar, The Office

Old Post 09-19-2004 09:06 PM
tiny butterfli is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tiny butterfli Click here to Send tiny butterfli a Private Message Find more posts by tiny butterfli Add tiny butterfli to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
18hands

how high up?

Basically it's high enough so you can stand directly underneath PVD. You have to be about 20 feet back to be able to see the DJ and no chance to see the records he is playing.

Also the booth is small.....no more hanging out behind the DJ sippin tonic or getting your favorite record signed.

Erin... to answer your question the booth itself is no wider than say a twin bed. So if you set up a DJ booth on top of a door with about 4 feet behind you against the wall. Stick it 10 feet up in the air and you have the new Glow booth.

Those nights of dancing and chillin with the DJ on the booth are done.

Old Post 09-19-2004 10:47 PM
18hands is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 18hands Click here to Send 18hands a Private Message Find more posts by 18hands Add 18hands to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trancEyes22
hi.

Re: how high up?

Originally posted by 18hands
Basically it's high enough so you can stand directly underneath PVD. You have to be about 20 feet back to be able to see the DJ and no chance to see the records he is playing.

Also the booth is small.....no more hanging out behind the DJ sippin tonic or getting your favorite record signed.

Erin... to answer your question the booth itself is no wider than say a twin bed. So if you set up a DJ booth on top of a door with about 4 feet behind you against the wall. Stick it 10 feet up in the air and you have the new Glow booth.

Those nights of dancing and chillin with the DJ on the booth are done.

thanks...and that sounds pretty crappy. guess i'll find out for M.I.K.E.

...and how do you know my name? :p

Old Post 09-19-2004 10:49 PM
trancEyes22 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trancEyes22 Click here to Send trancEyes22 a Private Message Visit trancEyes22's homepage! Find more posts by trancEyes22 Add trancEyes22 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skytrancegirl
Thats Ms. Sky to you!

i really liked the dj booth at insomnia better, i like it when the dj is the same level with the crowd, it creates a more special vibe.
when they are up to high like that it keeps the dj distanced from crowd interaction, IMO the dj should be level with the crowd.

" Dancing in the moonlight waiting for the sunrise..im not moving from the dancefloor"

Live. Love. Dance. Trance!- Sky

Old Post 09-19-2004 10:51 PM
skytrancegirl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skytrancegirl Click here to Send skytrancegirl a Private Message Find more posts by skytrancegirl Add skytrancegirl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JPGulden
Lotus Sutra

Originally posted by skytrancegirl
i really liked the dj booth at insomnia better, i like it when the dj is the same level with the crowd, it creates a more special vibe.
when they are up to high like that it keeps the dj distanced from crowd interaction, IMO the dj should be level with the crowd.
if i remember correctly, both ferry and armin love DC because of that uniqueness

Old Post 09-20-2004 04:03 AM
JPGulden is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JPGulden Click here to Send JPGulden a Private Message Visit JPGulden's homepage! Find more posts by JPGulden Add JPGulden to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
galdamez
Born to DJ

Talking

I don't think anyone needs to worry about long lines with Acosta. Glowers here me out! Bring your cheese -> good music headphones for Acosta and you won't have any of these problems you had with PvD. Then again, they'll probably confiscate your headphones at the door, so I guess you'd still be screwed. Better to wait for Armin I guess

Old Post 09-20-2004 07:56 AM
galdamez is offline Click Here to See the Profile for galdamez Click here to Send galdamez a Private Message Visit galdamez's homepage! Find more posts by galdamez Add galdamez to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote