Forum list. Calendar Articles, reviews and editorials. Pictures Listen to music and watch videos. See a listing of our DJ's / Producers.
Join our community and access additional features.Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences.View a list of our members.Answers to some frequently asked questions about using the message board.SearchFind all of the latest posts since your latest visit.Private messagingLog out of the message board Make the board look like a Word document Switch to layout optimized for mobile phones
Username: Password: 

Pages (11):   « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   Last Thread   Next Thread

Groovanauts.com > Everything Else > Sports > ***OFFICIAL*** 2010-2011 World Football Thread
Author

Twitter Facebook MySpace Digg
Post New Thread   
vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

Find other members from Mexico   This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.
Top 10 List: < click >

morgan and solo

vicman ~ fastest in all of mexico

NOW LISTENING TO:

Flight 643 (Oroginal Mix) - Tiesto ~~~ EPIC!!!

That Look - DeLacy (Tsettos & Santana mix) - Denny Tsettos ~~~ MASSIVE!!!

Let The Sun Shine (JP Remix) - Fifth Dimension ~~~ FIERCE!!!

Air For Life (System F redub) - Andy Moore and Above and Beyond ~~~ MAGICAL!!!

When Epicness is Missing From Your Life - EPICRX IS THERE FOR YOU. RECOMMENDED AND ENDORSED BY ANDY MOORE.

"I don't feel old. I don't feel anything till noon. That's when it's time for my nap." ~ Andy 'muthafokin' Moore

"When I need my weather, there is only one place I turn to: EPIC Weather. On the Weather Channel." ~ Andy 'muthafokin' Moore

Lets watch Dom promise joining the Armed Forces, then back out 5 minutes later.

DOM:
I would be willing to enlist, unlike you, point proven .I said it in 2001 and my stance hasn't changed, If somebody attacks American on our soil and gets on tv or net and says come get us you Yankee p*ssies. I would join the military in 2 seconds.

Al-Qaeda isnt a country moron. They are a global organizations of scumbags.

First of all bin ladon didn't take credit for attacks in 2001, he denied it until 2004. When was he elected president of Afghanistan?2000?If so hes had a great 11 run so far... Considering hes been rumored to be in Pakistan for years, he doesn't fit into either of my criteria's.

Dom's daily to do list:

1- Kiss his "wife" on his way out of his house
2- Blame everything on Obama
3- Give no credit to Obama, even when Bin Laden, al-Awlaki, and Gaddafi were taken care of
3- Dump all his work on his secretary
4- Twitter, facebook for 2 hours
5- Post on Yankee/Jets/Knicks blogs
6 - Read conservative blogs and watch Fox
7- Select items from said sources that he lift and pass on as his own
8- Get schooled on his ignorance everyday
9- Spray tan so he's ready to club 24/7/365 for the next epic party that he will attend

Last edited by vicman on 07-21-2011 at 02:10 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Click Here to See the Profile for vicman Click here to Send vicman a Private Message Find more posts by vicman Add vicman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
domjuan
“Yes, we can!” has devolved into “Hey, we might.”

Find other members from Italy   This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

solo is a brick shithouse

Money Driven, Anal Lover, Yankee Fan, Cowboy up & I Ride w/ the Heat!! I'm a relentless & persistent animal my desire is to be the worlds greatest. - me

“Liberalism is a mental disorder" ~MIKE SAVAGE

“I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee.”
Joe DiMaggio

Them that governs least, governs best- Thomas Jefferson

“The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”
- Thomas Jefferson

Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. - General George Patton Jr

I love my wife & my life.

"I am an Animal Rescuer. My work is never done, my home is never quiet, my wallet is always empty...but my heart is always full." Annette King-Tucker

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. ARMED FORCES don't have that problem."

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
3- Check in with Domjuan's secretary to see what hes up to for the day.
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
5- Master-bate to pics of Cindy Sheehan
6 - Spread innovative thinking that failed 25 years ago in Europe.
7- Burn an American flag
8- Spew out racist remarks to anybody that isn't a tree-huger like himself.

Click Here to See the Profile for domjuan Click here to Send domjuan a Private Message Visit domjuan's homepage! Find more posts by domjuan Add domjuan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
IgorB
All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies

Find other members from Ukraine   This member is single. To change your relationship status, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences. This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

Here's to the Klinsmann's era !!

Click Here to See the Profile for IgorB Click here to Send IgorB a Private Message Find more posts by IgorB Add IgorB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

Find other members from Mexico   This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

bradley needed to go, but i think USSF problems run deeper than the senior USMNT coach. mainly developing players at a young age and getting them to europe young enough to learn from the best.

i think klinsmann might end up paying the consequences of an aging squad. cant see anyone with the calibre of a howard, donovan, bocanegra, cherundulo, dempsey who have been the core of the group for the past 6 or so years coming up the ranks.

hopefully gulatti is willing to cede some control of the U-17,20,23 to klinsmann and he can better structure those teams. right now i think both the U-17 and 20 are w/o a coach.

NOW LISTENING TO:

When Epicness is Missing From Your Life - EPICRX IS THERE FOR YOU. RECOMMENDED AND ENDORSED BY ANDY MOORE.

"I don't feel old. I don't feel anything till noon. That's when it's time for my nap." ~ Andy 'muthafokin' Moore

"When I need my weather, there is only one place I turn to: EPIC Weather. On the Weather Channel." ~ Andy 'muthafokin' Moore

DOM:
I would be willing to enlist, unlike you, point proven .I said it in 2001 and my stance hasn't changed, If somebody attacks American on our soil and gets on tv or net and says come get us you Yankee p*ssies. I would join the military in 2 seconds.

First of all bin ladon didn't take credit for attacks in 2001, he denied it until 2004. When was he elected president of Afghanistan?2000?If so hes had a great 11 run so far... Considering hes been rumored to be in Pakistan for years, he doesn't fit into either of my criteria's.

Dom's daily to do list:

3- Give no credit to Obama, even when Bin Laden, al-Awlaki, and Gaddafi were taken care of
9- Spray tan so he's ready to club 24/7/365 for the next epic party that he will attend

Last edited by vicman on 07-29-2011 at 04:48 PM

Click Here to See the Profile for vicman Click here to Send vicman a Private Message Find more posts by vicman Add vicman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
IgorB
All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies

Find other members from Ukraine   This member is single. To change your relationship status, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences. This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

Originally posted by vicman
bradley needed to go, but i think USSF problems run deeper than the senior USMNT coach. mainly developing players at a young age and getting them to europe young enough to learn from the best.

i think klinsmann might end up paying the consequences of an aging squad. cant see anyone with the calibre of a howard, donovan, bocanegra, cherundulo, dempsey who have been the core of the group for the past 6 or so years coming up the ranks.

hopefully gulatti is willing to cede some control of the U-17,20,23 to klinsmann and he can better structure those teams. right now i think both the U-17 and 20 are w/o a coach.

Oh I completely agree that the USMNT problems go much deeper then Bradley. There was an article today, trying to find it, that said that USMNT U-20 is without a coach as well, and Klinsmann will have his say in that as well, as well as oversee the entire soccer development structure in the US, although we probably won't know for sure until the official announcement is made on Monday.

Click Here to See the Profile for IgorB Click here to Send IgorB a Private Message Find more posts by IgorB Add IgorB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

UEFA WC QUalifying groups:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/937953/world-cup-2014-qualifying-uefa-preliminary-draw?cc=5901

NOW LISTENING TO:

DOM:

Dom's daily to do list:

domjuan

Find other members from Italy   This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

SBJ: Hope Solo inks endorsement deal with Gatorade

Hope Solo will join Gatorade’s powerful promotional arsenal after signing a multiyear marketing deal with the beverage company.

The Gatorade deal marks the second major endorsement for the standout goalie who helped the U.S. women’s national team finish second in the 2011 FIFA Women’s World Cup. Earlier this month, she joined teammates Abby Wambach and Alex Morgan in signing one-year deals with Bank of America.
Hope Solo is using her dynamic Women's World Cup performance to score major endorsement deals. (AP photo)

A Gatorade representative would not reveal how they intend to use the 30-year-old Solo in the company’s marketing, confirming only that Solo is part of Gatorade’s push to diversify its athlete base. The company recently signed deals with U.S. men’s goalie Tim Howard, swimmer Ryan Lochte and female surfer Coco Ho.

Industry sources peg the deal in the low six-figure range per year.

Richard Motzkin of Wasserman Media Group, who has represented Solo for 10 years, said he and Gatorade began discussing a possible deal before the World Cup started, but he described interest in her after the World Cup as “staggering.” He hinted that more individual deals are on the horizon, but would not discuss details.

“Being on the cover of Sports Illustrated helped her awareness with the general public,” Motzkin said. “She has an opportunity to become well-known not just in the soccer scene, but in the public mainstream as well.”

Motzkin said that Solo’s followers on Twitter jumped from 8,000 to more than 250,000 in little over a week, and compared Solo’s surge in popularity to that of former U.S. midfielder Mia Hamm, who rose to prominence after the U.S. women won the 1999 World Cup.

Of the national team players, Solo, Wambach and Morgan have garnered the most mainstream attention in the wake of the team’s loss to Japan in the World Cup finals. Wambach and Solo appeared on the “Late Show” with David Letterman, and Solo and Morgan attended the New York City premiere for the final season of the hit HBO show “Entourage.” The three inked one-year deals with Bank of America to serve as spokeswomen for a charity surrounding the Chicago Marathon.

Gatorade has sponsored the U.S. women’s national team since 1999, and has had an individual deal with Wambach since 2004.

Bill Glenn, senior vice president of marketing and strategies with The Marketing Arm, said Solo’s marketing numbers on its Davie Brown Index (DBI) put her on par with Miami Heat star Dwyane Wade. According to Glenn’s research, Solo’s overall awareness jumped from 21.4 percent to 28.0 percent in the period between the team’s quarterfinals victory over Brazil and its loss to Japan. However, her endorsement value dropped from a score of 72.3 to 66.7 during that period.

“You could summarize that the loss did have an impact on how consumers view [Solo] in key attributes like aspiration and influence,” Glenn said. “But as they gain more exposure, I wouldn’t say (the loss) will significantly affect her marketing.”

Doug Shabelman, president of Burns Entertainment, said Solo’s combination of leadership, success on the field, physical attractiveness and a recognizable name give her an opportunity to maintain marketability after attention in women’s soccer cools. “She’s the goalie, which is a showcase in individualism,” Shabelman said. “It sets her up nicely to be a spokesperson or follow up with a career in broadcasting.”

Solo is continuing to play for the WPS magicJack team in South Florida.

This story first appeared in SportsBusiness Journal, a sister publication of Sporting News.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/soccer/story/2011-08-01/sbj-hope-solo-inks-endorsement-deal-with-gatorade#ixzz1TntE5LQJ

Money Driven, Anal Lover, Yankee Fan, Cowboy up & I Ride w/ the Heat!! I'm a relentless & persistent animal my desire is to be the worlds greatest. - me

Joe DiMaggio

“The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”
- Thomas Jefferson

"I am an Animal Rescuer. My work is never done, my home is never quiet, my wallet is always empty...but my heart is always full." Annette King-Tucker

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. ARMED FORCES don't have that problem."

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
7- Burn an American flag

Click Here to See the Profile for domjuan Click here to Send domjuan a Private Message Visit domjuan's homepage! Find more posts by domjuan Add domjuan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

magikJack....wtf type of name is that? no wonder no one watches WPS.

NOW LISTENING TO:

DOM:

Dom's daily to do list:

domjuan

Originally posted by vicman
magikJack....wtf type of name is that? no wonder no one watches WPS.

Bikinis should be mandatory

Joe DiMaggio

- Thomas Jefferson

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
7- Burn an American flag

domjuan

Joe DiMaggio

- Thomas Jefferson

Vic's daily to do list:

1- Hug a tree
2- 550 useless posts
4- Tweet Obama 150 times
7- Burn an American flag

vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

Originally posted by domjuan
Bikinis should be mandatory

at the very least some booty shorts and sports bra's.

NOW LISTENING TO:

DOM:

Dom's daily to do list:

vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

Originally posted by domjuan

horrible.

a yellow would be mandatory, but maybe not a red. they should give folks who dive like this a yellow and then have their team play a man down for 10 minutes.

FIFA is as bad as MLB in changing rules.

NOW LISTENING TO:

DOM:

Dom's daily to do list:

vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

The beautiful game: Fenerbahce pack stadium with 41,000 fans... and they're all women

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2040407/VIDEO-Fenerbahce-play-female-crowd.html#ixzz1Yh6Q3xz0

NOW LISTENING TO:

DOM:

Dom's daily to do list:

bxbomb
VIC....WHERES THE LINK ?!?!?

Find other members from United States  

R.I.P
Giorgio Chinaglia

Click Here to See the Profile for bxbomb Click here to Send bxbomb a Private Message Find more posts by bxbomb Add bxbomb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
bxbomb
VIC....WHERES THE LINK ?!?!?

Find other members from United States  

sir alex retires.....those are some big shoes to fill

Click Here to See the Profile for bxbomb Click here to Send bxbomb a Private Message Find more posts by bxbomb Add bxbomb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote