Forum list. Calendar Articles, reviews and editorials. Pictures Listen to music and watch videos. See a listing of our DJ's / Producers.
Join our community and access additional features.Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences.View a list of our members.Answers to some frequently asked questions about using the message board.SearchFind all of the latest posts since your latest visit.Private messagingLog out of the message board Make the board look like a Word document Switch to layout optimized for mobile phones
Username: Password: 

Last Thread   Next Thread

Groovanauts.com > Music Forums > Record Promo / DJ'ing / Production > The effects of "rave rumours" on your Djing
Author

Twitter Facebook MySpace Digg
Post New Thread   
physix

Top 10 List: < click >

The effects of "rave rumours" on your Djing

so... last year, as I started producing my own tracks, I began incorporating the CDJ mixer in my sets... playing more and more CDs the more I produced...

So then, just this past month, I talked to someone that I hadn't seen in a long time... he was like "yeah, I heard you're "Dj Funk"ing it now..."

Of course, I was perplexed... "yeah, I heard you just drop a pre-programmed CD in and play that...."

so, then i was livid... i'm thinking for the past 7 or 8 months, people have been thinking that I've been dropping a CD and acting like I was Djing... AARGH!!!

some times, I'd be playing on 2 turntables AND a Cd-player at the same time.... (same thing as 3 turntables)

now... everyone knows that, as a Dj, your ability to rock the crowd is hampered by pre-conceived notions.... rave rumours attribute to that... Like the whole DJ Funk thing... DJ FUNK HAS NEVER PUT IN SIMPLY A CD AND PLAYED OFF OF IT... but it's rave rumour that he has... and, tho' he still gets paid, people talk shit... and if he was a mid-tier level Dj, something like this would prevent him from "blowing up".....

has any such "rave rumours" plagued any of your careers... ???

-physix

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Click Here to See the Profile for physix Click here to Send physix a Private Message Visit physix's homepage! Find more posts by physix Add physix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
translucent
Webmaster
Lord of Laziness

Find other members from United States   This member is single. To change your relationship status, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences. This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

The irony is that these days, just about every major DJ had used CD's throughout their sets.

"Tresor never sleeps"

Click Here to See the Profile for translucent Click here to Send translucent a Private Message Visit translucent's homepage! Find more posts by translucent Add translucent to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
physix

yeah, true that.. but still... kids see a CD player, and, in their ignorance, they automatically assume that the Dj is cheatin'...

i thought people realized I was dropping unreleased stuff from myself and others and basically doing them a favour by bringing in the absolutely new flavour.... ugh!

-physix

Click Here to See the Profile for physix Click here to Send physix a Private Message Visit physix's homepage! Find more posts by physix Add physix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
translucent
Webmaster
Lord of Laziness

Find other members from United States   This member is single. To change your relationship status, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences. This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

Unfotunately, because of the age of the average raver, many of them haven't been out clubbing enough to see that even someone like PvD or Danny Tenaglia uses CD-R's.

"Tresor never sleeps"

Click Here to See the Profile for translucent Click here to Send translucent a Private Message Visit translucent's homepage! Find more posts by translucent Add translucent to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
nycx
über Rockstah

deep dish sometimes uses CD-Rs through out their set... when I saw them @ Babies in Vegas, they were just working the two CDJ1000s all night... i dont remember seeing them pull anything out their record box.

Click Here to See the Profile for nycx Click here to Send nycx a Private Message Find more posts by nycx Add nycx to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
GooglyMoose

I personally think its pretty ignorant to think something like that. No self respecting DJ would ever do that.

Click Here to See the Profile for GooglyMoose Click here to Send GooglyMoose a Private Message Find more posts by GooglyMoose Add GooglyMoose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
nietzsche

To add to their sets alot of guys will using the looping functions offered on prof. CD players. I think technology only adds to one's creativity. All the "purests" out there are dinosaurs and their sets show it.

Quality, cutting edge progressive and house music
www.revaluationpg.com

Click Here to See the Profile for nietzsche Click here to Send nietzsche a Private Message Visit nietzsche's homepage! Find more posts by nietzsche Add nietzsche to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
fumanchu182

I think anyone who is ignorant enough to rip you up for thinking that you cheated is a loser themselves. I wish I could get a cDJ but unfortunately operation GETTECHNICS is in effect so those will have to wait.

Anyway should of just threw that kid down the stairs, one less raving drug addict to cause a car accident on the way home...

Yo it's fuquacking.

Click Here to See the Profile for fumanchu182 Click here to Send fumanchu182 a Private Message Find more posts by fumanchu182 Add fumanchu182 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
JPGulden
Lotus Sutra

Yeah I have that same operation in effect to...then it's another sting operation to get the Pioneer MDV-600 mixer...then maybe Final Scratch...I will still get vinyl...but I think that is a very useful tool...

Music, my drug; dance, my ecstasy.

Listening to: Motorcycle - As The Rush Comes

Click Here to See the Profile for JPGulden Click here to Send JPGulden a Private Message Visit JPGulden's homepage! Find more posts by JPGulden Add JPGulden to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote