Forum list. Calendar Articles, reviews and editorials. Pictures Listen to music and watch videos. See a listing of our DJ's / Producers.
Join our community and access additional features.Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences.View a list of our members.Answers to some frequently asked questions about using the message board.SearchFind all of the latest posts since your latest visit.Private messagingLog out of the message board Make the board look like a Word document Switch to layout optimized for mobile phones
Username: Password: 

Total: votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Last Thread   Next Thread

Groovanauts.com > Music Forums > Record Promo / DJ'ing / Production > Thinking about Final Scratch...
Author

Twitter Facebook MySpace Digg
Post New Thread   
translucent
Webmaster
Lord of Laziness

Find other members from United States   This member is single. To change your relationship status, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences. This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.
Top 10 List: < click >

For what it's worth, PvD doesn't seem to think that it's "selling out."

"Tresor never sleeps"

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Click Here to See the Profile for translucent Click here to Send translucent a Private Message Visit translucent's homepage! Find more posts by translucent Add translucent to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
MaddskillZ

Find other members from United States  

is it me or isnt that alot of money going to waste.
final scratch + laptop with a fast proccesor and lots of storage space + records (since there isnt any where to down load quality music, mp3s sound like shit) = alot of money just to lighten the load of records

Hell it cost at the most 200 bones for a flight case with wheels to carry the records your gonna have to buy anyway

check out my mixx click--> http://www.maddskillz.com/15min.mp3

Click Here to See the Profile for MaddskillZ Click here to Send MaddskillZ a Private Message Visit MaddskillZ's homepage! Find more posts by MaddskillZ Add MaddskillZ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
hook
captain

FS

i have final scratch. I really like it. Its nice to be able to produce a track and play it out the same day on vinyl.

www.jpunch.com
www.systemrecordings.com
www.balancerecordpool.com/
www.sundownrecordings.com
www.globalunderground.co.uk

Level - Definitive J-Punch Remixes - out now on system recordings.
www.systemrecordings.com/jpunch/

Click Here to See the Profile for hook Click here to Send hook a Private Message Visit hook's homepage! Find more posts by hook Add hook to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
djhaitae

if i had money to burn

i'd get em but i don't. they system is expensive. isn't it? If I can't see the breaks on the record, why not go with cd decks and have the speed of "cue" button. sure you will need to carry cds but i think it's MUCH cheaper than to buy a laptop just for djing (since i don't own one), plus most clubs got cd decks. but of course the hands on feeling of technics is always nice...

Next on my list are pioneer cdj100 or 800s. I eventually want all my records on the computer in raw format for backup and cd for playing out. Plus if my records are ever stolen, i can relax and not have to kill myself.

Click Here to See the Profile for djhaitae Click here to Send djhaitae a Private Message Find more posts by djhaitae Add djhaitae to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
DJ Annihilation
Gettin Hassled by the Man

Find other members from United States   This member is single. To change your relationship status, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

I would buy final scratch if I had the green.

"We are dealing with the best-educated generation in history. But they've got a brain dressed up with nowhere to go."
-Timothy Leary

Click Here to See the Profile for DJ Annihilation Click here to Send DJ Annihilation a Private Message Find more posts by DJ Annihilation Add DJ Annihilation to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
Erichel

I bought FS over a year ago and I haven't used it for more than an hour. You might be thinking, "WTF?". Today I recorded some "progressive house" records that are too slow to mix with my trance records. I love these tunes and it kills me that I can't play them in my sets...

I recorded them digitally then time scaled them (sped them up without changing pitch). I'm excited, but I think I will get more use from it after I do some of my own remixes and productions.

I like the enhancements the latest software has to offer (auto level adjustment to tracks, unlimited CD players, ect.) I did by the laptop for it (I recommend Sony). I had to return my Dell because they aren't well suited for the system. Be careful about the computer you choose for it! Pay attention to the recommended/tested systems on the Stanton website.

There's my 2 bits!

Definately real.

Click Here to See the Profile for Erichel Click here to Send Erichel a Private Message Find more posts by Erichel Add Erichel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
JPGulden
Lotus Sutra

Find other members from United States   This member is single. To change your relationship status, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences. This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

Apple all the way!

Music, my drug; dance, my ecstasy.

Click Here to See the Profile for JPGulden Click here to Send JPGulden a Private Message Visit JPGulden's homepage! Find more posts by JPGulden Add JPGulden to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
Human Nature
Tech 'n' Lectro!

Find other members from Antarctica   This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

Originally posted by whenthedawnfades
Apple all the way!

*cough*Linux*cough*

Myspace.com/humannaturemusik

Click Here to See the Profile for Human Nature Click here to Send Human Nature a Private Message Visit Human Nature's homepage! Find more posts by Human Nature Add Human Nature to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
hook
captain

linux

i love linux. Its stable as shit.

www.jpunch.com
www.systemrecordings.com
www.balancerecordpool.com/
www.sundownrecordings.com
www.globalunderground.co.uk

Level - Definitive J-Punch Remixes - out now on system recordings.
www.systemrecordings.com/jpunch/

Click Here to See the Profile for hook Click here to Send hook a Private Message Visit hook's homepage! Find more posts by hook Add hook to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
Erichel

Final Scratch operates on Linux. Windows is too unstable to run it (no shocker there). A year ago Final Scratch wasn't availible for Mac, but now it is.

Definately real.

Click Here to See the Profile for Erichel Click here to Send Erichel a Private Message Find more posts by Erichel Add Erichel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote