Forum list. Calendar Articles, reviews and editorials. Pictures Listen to music and watch videos. See a listing of our DJ's / Producers.
Join our community and access additional features.Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences.View a list of our members.Answers to some frequently asked questions about using the message board.SearchFind all of the latest posts since your latest visit.Private messagingLog out of the message board Make the board look like a Word document Switch to layout optimized for mobile phones
Username: Password: 

Last Thread   Next Thread

Groovanauts.com > Content > Editorials > Interview: Claude VonStroke
Author

Twitter Facebook MySpace Digg
Post New Thread   
amandahugnkiss
all about tha beets

Find other members from United States   This member is a f. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.
Top 10 List: < click >

Interview: Claude VonStroke

Growing up, what kinds of music did you listen to?

Mostly hip-hop but I also played the cello and piano so I have a lot of classical influences in my head.

When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?

It’s funny because even when I was very young I thought the greatest accomplishment would be to have a record for sale at the store with all the other records. I also wanted to be a movie director. I tried that as well but I just ended up being much better at music in the long run.

What was your very first clubbing experience like?

I don’t remember but i’m sure it was some dingy loft or warehouse in Detroit with my friend Anthony Garth and I was quite old already, like mid 20’s. I didn’t club when I was a teenager. I was into other things.

Your fans are eagerly anticipating your new Fabric album! Besides this, are there any other new projects you have been working on?

Yes, I have an artist album coming in October which also means singles are coming out starting right now.

What's the best toy you have in your studio right now?

My computer is always the best but I do have this analog delay pedal that is really crazy sounding. I like that thing quite a bit.

If you had 3 wishes right now, what would they be?

That my kids are happy their whole lives. That I never have to worry about money. And that I can help all my friends become successful.

Can you please tell us about some upcoming Dirtybird and Mothership events?

Voodeux is making their world wide debut of their new album in Detroit on May 22. We are having a free mothership party. I am playing as well with Monty Luke from Planet-E and mothership.

Top 3 favorite tracks of all-time? (any genre)

I can’t possibly.

When you have some down time, what do you do to relax?

I don’t have any downtime and I rarely relax. If I do, it is vegetating in front of the TV.

In your opinion, which bird is the dirtiest?

Kookabura!

First rule of Roadside Beet Sales: Put the most attractive beets on top-- the ones that make you pull over and go, "Hey! I need this beet right now!" Those are the money beets.
----- Dwight, The Office

"J.D.! A mutual hatred of beets isn't enough to base a relationship on!"
----- Elliot, Scrubs

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Click Here to See the Profile for amandahugnkiss Click here to Send amandahugnkiss a Private Message Find more posts by amandahugnkiss Add amandahugnkiss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
sanelif
guess where i found my avatar....

Find other members from United States   This member is a f. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

get the fuck outta here!!!
i wouldve KILLED to interview cvs!!
fucking AWESOME amanda!!!!

it can be roadkill bunny stew but so long as it doesnt beeep

Click Here to See the Profile for sanelif Click here to Send sanelif a Private Message Find more posts by sanelif Add sanelif to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
amandahugnkiss
all about tha beets

hehe spanx! i'm excited to hear him next weekend @ rise!

First rule of Roadside Beet Sales: Put the most attractive beets on top-- the ones that make you pull over and go, "Hey! I need this beet right now!" Those are the money beets.
----- Dwight, The Office

----- Elliot, Scrubs

Click Here to See the Profile for amandahugnkiss Click here to Send amandahugnkiss a Private Message Find more posts by amandahugnkiss Add amandahugnkiss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
spin
I LUFF RISE

RISE June 26th

"Rise in Boston is, for me, one of the most important clubs in North America right now. It is the complete opposite of all the glammed-up, bottle-service clubs that have spread like wildfire. The emphasis is on the music, the loyal customers who attend, the sound, etc etc. All the things that I feel are so important, yet are so sadly neglected in way too many places these days. It's always a pleasure to play at Rise - I know I'll be given the best platform to do what I do to the best of my ability, in one of the friendliest and most welcoming of environments."

Danny Howells
Dig Deeper, UK

WWW.RISECLUB.US

Click Here to See the Profile for spin Click here to Send spin a Private Message Find more posts by spin Add spin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
amandahugnkiss
all about tha beets

----- Dwight, The Office

----- Elliot, Scrubs

Sara2214
Excited for WMC 09!

Find other members from Greece   This member is a f. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

"Sometimes, we need to listen to our heads rather than our hearts because our hearts leap before they look." [/I]

"Actions speak louder than words."

www.hidden-recordings.com

Click Here to See the Profile for Sara2214 Click here to Send Sara2214 a Private Message Visit Sara2214's homepage! Find more posts by Sara2214 Add Sara2214 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
sanelif
guess where i found my avatar....

and at water taxi beach june 27th (come out its gonna be my brithday shindig)
OH i made him a baby dirtybird and gave it to him this weeekend.
ill post up a pic its retarded

it can be roadkill bunny stew but so long as it doesnt beeep

Click Here to See the Profile for sanelif Click here to Send sanelif a Private Message Find more posts by sanelif Add sanelif to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
Sara2214
Excited for WMC 09!

Find other members from Greece   This member is a f. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

He's at Water Taxi June 27? NICE

"Sometimes, we need to listen to our heads rather than our hearts because our hearts leap before they look." [/I]

"Actions speak louder than words."

www.hidden-recordings.com

Click Here to See the Profile for Sara2214 Click here to Send Sara2214 a Private Message Visit Sara2214's homepage! Find more posts by Sara2214 Add Sara2214 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
amandahugnkiss
all about tha beets

Originally posted by sanelif
and at water taxi beach june 27th (come out its gonna be my brithday shindig)
OH i made him a baby dirtybird and gave it to him this weeekend.
ill post up a pic its retarded

haha awesome! i wanna see!

----- Dwight, The Office

----- Elliot, Scrubs