Forum list. Calendar Articles, reviews and editorials. Pictures Listen to music and watch videos. See a listing of our DJ's / Producers.
Join our community and access additional features.Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences.View a list of our members.Answers to some frequently asked questions about using the message board.SearchFind all of the latest posts since your latest visit.Private messagingLog out of the message board Make the board look like a Word document Switch to layout optimized for mobile phones
Username: Password: 

Last Thread   Next Thread

Groovanauts.com > Content > Music Reviews > Phil K-Y4K
Author

Twitter Facebook MySpace Digg
Post New Thread   
Lust-E
DeathRow

Find other members from Germany   This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.
Top 10 List: < click >

Post Phil K-Y4K

One Australian DJ to heavily make his mark on the International scene is Phil K. Another Victorian DJ doing good things, Phil K has impressed not only due to the fantastic taste in cutting edge music, but his ridiculously good technical skills have often put him one step ahead of so many DJ’s in the game. Phil has now been called to work his magic yet again on the mix compilation scene, thanks to the crew at Distinctive, to deliver the next installment in the Y4K series.

The mix really teases early, with some great smooth cuts firstly with the smooth atmosphere of ‘Slur’ by Lusine and then the moody yet strangely funky jazz sounds of ‘Song of the Lizard’ by Habersham. Seeing as Phil only has one disc to play with this time, he gets the groove going early with the deep angry baselines of Rhino Drum’s ‘Dark Da Da, followed nicely by the gritty beats of the Joakim mix of Tiga’s ‘Pleasure From Bass’. Phil really hits his straps by the time the warped baselines and crisp beats of Agoria’s brilliant ‘Kofea’ kick in, lifting the mix another notch and then smoothly dropping the anger levels by delicately mixing into the fantastic Team Natasha Remix of ‘Fish’ by Jahcoozi, a firm favourite that Phil has successfully used out many a time. Petter smoothes the mix out yet again with his remix of Trafik and then the beats get a little more intense once Phil K and Habersham team up with Cloudbrake.

This is where the mix really steps up. First up the beautiful Real 128 mix of ‘A.B.E’ by Motive lifts the mood up just a bit, then moving on to the sinister beats and warping screeches of ‘The Devil’s Logic’. If you have seen Phil in form in clubs, then the last few stages of this mix will feel very familiar. Twisted and very dirty, as shown by the gritty sounds and low end throbs of ‘I Like It Loud’ by Product 01 and then the stunning Arabic sounds of ‘Dominion’ by Vini vs. The Funk Master. The mix then moves to Australia firstly with a new effort from Nubreed in ‘To Know’, and courtesy of a F.A.R.T remix, the Nubreed vocal talents get a good run alongside the trademark twisted effects of not only the Nubreed studio’s, but I imagine Phil with the effects unit. The mix then concludes with an absolute legend in Andy Page, and his purely seductive rhythms in ‘Serpent’, thanks to an audacious set of guitar riffs and groove subtle baselines.

This mix just adds to the ever growing list of must buy albums in 2005. The level of quality in albums this year has been quite amazing, and this album keeps the ball well and truly rolling. The track selection is quality and the mixing and flow is simply top class as you would expect from Phil. If you have seen Phil out in the clubs and in full flow then you will know what to expect here – Machine beating madness!

Phil K - Y4K - Tracklist

01. Lusine - Slur
02. Habersham - Song of the Lizard
03. Rhino Drum - Dark Da Da
04. Tiga - Pleasure From Bass (Joakim Remix)
05. Agoria - Kofea
06. Jahcoozi - Fish (Team Natascha Remix)
07. Trafik - Echoes (Petter's Airguitar Mix)
08. Phil K & Habersham - Cloudbrake
09. Motive featuring Abagale Fischer- A.B.E. (Real 128 Mix)
10. Son of the Electric Ghost - The Devil's Logic
11. Product .01 - I Like It Loud (Buckfunk 3000 Rmx)
12. Vini vs. The Funk Monster - Dominion
13. NuBreed - To Know (F.A.R.T. Remix)
14. Andy Page - Serpent

Here we are now...Entertain us!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Click Here to See the Profile for Lust-E Click here to Send Lust-E a Private Message Find more posts by Lust-E Add Lust-E to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
jrod
Darwin is all that matters now!

Find other members from Seychelles   This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

Dark and twisted, thats all that can be said about this cd.

Ruben CAN RAP......IN RUSSIAN!

PANTS?

Click Here to See the Profile for jrod Click here to Send jrod a Private Message Find more posts by jrod Add jrod to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
Lust-E
DeathRow

Find other members from Germany   This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

Originally posted by jrod
Dark and twisted, thats all that can be said about this cd.

Burn me a copy! And where's Tom Vek? or Pete Tong? I already gave you the cd's....

Click Here to See the Profile for Lust-E Click here to Send Lust-E a Private Message Find more posts by Lust-E Add Lust-E to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
Lust-E
DeathRow

jrod

Find other members from Seychelles   This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

I have got them sitting on my desk at home. I will give you them when I return.

PANTS?

Click Here to See the Profile for jrod Click here to Send jrod a Private Message Find more posts by jrod Add jrod to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
Lust-E
DeathRow

I have got them sitting on my desk at home. I will give you them when I return.

good boy! grab 3 more cd's and burn the fortier also.

jrod

Originally posted by Lust-E

BOY! who calling boy cromagnum man

PANTS?

jrod

OK

PANTS?

Lust-E
DeathRow

OK

but burn Phil K first because i know you tend to forget things and the dark and twisted description sounds mad appealing right now....

Kill_A_Raver

Re: Phil K-Y4K

Phil K - Y4K - Tracklist

01. Lusine - Slur
02. Habersham - Song of the Lizard
03. Rhino Drum - Dark Da Da
04. Tiga - Pleasure From Bass (Joakim Remix)
05. Agoria - Kofea
06. Jahcoozi - Fish (Team Natascha Remix)
07. Trafik - Echoes (Petter's Airguitar Mix)
08. Phil K & Habersham - Cloudbrake
09. Motive featuring Abagale Fischer- A.B.E. (Real 128 Mix)
10. Son of the Electric Ghost - The Devil's Logic
11. Product .01 - I Like It Loud (Buckfunk 3000 Rmx)
12. Vini vs. The Funk Monster - Dominion
13. NuBreed - To Know (F.A.R.T. Remix)
14. Andy Page - Serpent

good to see lusine - one of my fav's.

Click Here to See the Profile for Kill_A_Raver Click here to Send Kill_A_Raver a Private Message Find more posts by Kill_A_Raver Add Kill_A_Raver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote