Forum list. Calendar Articles, reviews and editorials. Pictures Listen to music and watch videos. See a listing of our DJ's / Producers.
Join our community and access additional features.Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences.View a list of our members.Answers to some frequently asked questions about using the message board.SearchFind all of the latest posts since your latest visit.Private messagingLog out of the message board Make the board look like a Word document Switch to layout optimized for mobile phones
Username: Password: 

Pages (4):   1 2 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Groovanauts.com > Content > Party Reviews > PvD@Roxy review
Author

Twitter Facebook MySpace Digg
Post New Thread   
Overseas
Party Traveller

Find other members from Germany  
Top 10 List: < click >

PvD@Roxy review

Surprised there is no review thread up yet. So here is my brief start.

What can I say, it was worth the trip, yet again. PvD totally didn't disappoint, spinning a very new set, very different from the sets of the last several months (Energy, Unionhalle, Einheitsrave, etc.). He started banging it out hard right away, for the first 2 hours or so, which I obviously loved. Then he got more trancy, more fluffy for some time, then slowed it down further, only to pump it up again for the die hard crowd left after 6 am.

Worth noting:
- Pleasantly, he didn't play NBY until the encore.
- he played the Matthew Adams remix of Autumn (pretty early on). Matthew Adams is the DJ name of a 19 year old guy from Germany I know through the German forum on TA. He did that remix only recently and had teh CDR given to PvD only a week or two ago. Nice success for him!

And importantly, the big GN turnout made the night perfect, as always. I just love this crowd

2002: 64 parties. 2003: 81. 2004: 73. 2005: 75. 2006: 64. 2007: 63. 2008: 36, 2009: 51, 2010: none (yet) except NYE@Berghain.

NYE @Berghain, Berlin 2010: another marathon at 17hrs+ with Adam spinning 8h

45rpm

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Click Here to See the Profile for Overseas Click here to Send Overseas a Private Message Find more posts by Overseas Add Overseas to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
translucent
Webmaster
Lord of Laziness

Find other members from United States   This member is single. To change your relationship status, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences. This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

brain...not...working...yet... Had a blast! PvD kicked ass. You guys kick ass. Must go eat something now.:mess

"Tresor never sleeps"

Click Here to See the Profile for translucent Click here to Send translucent a Private Message Visit translucent's homepage! Find more posts by translucent Add translucent to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
Sara2214
Excited for WMC 09!

Find other members from Greece   This member is a f. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

Last night was amazing. I will also post a review, but I am still recovering from our "after party".

So awesome to see all of you. I had a phenominal time. Last half of Paul's set was fabulous. Had me dancing my ass off. It was amazing!

More later!

"Sometimes, we need to listen to our heads rather than our hearts because our hearts leap before they look." [/I]

"Actions speak louder than words."

www.hidden-recordings.com

Click Here to See the Profile for Sara2214 Click here to Send Sara2214 a Private Message Visit Sara2214's homepage! Find more posts by Sara2214 Add Sara2214 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
diS1Oo4beroLLiN
Hello Fucking Kitty

Find other members from United States   This member is single. To change your relationship status, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences. This member is a f. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

one word: A M A Z I N G

so i get to roxy around 12ish and i get out of the car shocked because i had to wait in a line that wrapped around the corner. mind you, i bought advanced tickets online, but because they were the print out kind, i was forced into freezing my ass off for approximately one hour. although i was bitching and moaning about it the whole time, it was definitely worth it. i step inside and luis diaz is throwing down some nice tracks. he can't compare to the man, but it was a good party starter. i remember hearing a remix to bt_somnambulist and i thought... err ktu haha so around 2 the tension is so thick one could cut it with a knife. people are chanting: PVD over and over again and finally, the man steps out unto the booth. at this time, people are just jumping all over the place, bouncing off the walls. i'm by the bar, sipping my bitch drink just grooving with my roommate daisy. we stay there for about 2 hours i'd say just feeling the vibe and the crowd. laid down some of the tracks i wanted to hear. i.e: crush, holding on to nothing, i feel you, wundervull, time of our lives, wavy gravy, and i just can't think of anymore cause they were all great tracks that just flowed magnificently! one highlight of the night, hearing another way... that was the song that got me addicted to this man's music. saw some people i rather didn't want to, but then again i saw a lot of people i was glad to see. it was pvd, nothing was gonna bring down my mood. finally got to meet some of the groovanauts members after two years of being on the forum. that was fun i wanted to close pvd, to try and get an autograph, but daisy was feeling tired so we left around 6. i should have been tired too, but the music and the crowd was too invigorating. i think maybe because i was sober i appreciated the music more. i didn't sit the whole night and was dancing all thruout his set . mind you, i woke up friday at 6:30 am and came home around 7:00 am saturday morning. staying up 24 hours results in me just waking up nat 6 pm

btw: if i didn't formally introduce myself. i was the one in a whie tank and huge hoop earrings with my hair tied up in a bun.

Click Here to See the Profile for diS1Oo4beroLLiN Click here to Send diS1Oo4beroLLiN a Private Message Find more posts by diS1Oo4beroLLiN Add diS1Oo4beroLLiN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
Matrim
Do you folks like coffee?

Re: PvD@Roxy review

Originally posted by Overseas
Surprised there is no review thread up yet. So here is my brief start.

What can I say, it was worth the trip, yet again. PvD totally didn't disappoint, spinning a very new set, very different from the sets of the last several months (Energy, Unionhalle, Einheitsrave, etc.). He started banging it out hard right away, for the first 2 hours or so, which I obviously loved. Then he got more trancy, more fluffy for some time, then slowed it down further, only to pump it up again for the die hard crowd left after 6 am.

Worth noting:
- Pleasantly, he didn't play NBY until the encore.
- he played the Matthew Adams remix of Autumn (pretty early on). Matthew Adams is the DJ name of a 19 year old guy from Germany I know through the German forum on TA. He did that remix only recently and had teh CDR given to PvD only a week or two ago. Nice success for him!

And importantly, the big GN turnout made the night perfect, as always. I just love this crowd

agreed...the night was awesome and much needed. His set was really good , although a bit too trancey at points (oh well, I will live). The song of the night for me was, hands down, Paul van Dyk - Autumn (Matthew Adams remix)...I've been waiting over 2 years to hear this track live!!!!!!!!!!!

my brain hurts and pizza just arrived...hope to get more soon.

overall - fucking lovely night

Click Here to See the Profile for Matrim Click here to Send Matrim a Private Message Find more posts by Matrim Add Matrim to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
Annie9351
ANSTER!

Find other members from Italy   This member is a f. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

Originally posted by Sara2214
Last night was amazing. I will also post a review, but I am still recovering from our "after party".

So awesome to see all of you. I had a phenominal time. Last half of Paul's set was fabulous. Had me dancing my ass off. It was amazing!

More later!

ditto.......................

D-A-N-N-Y

Danny Howells Quote from his LAST DANCE party at ARC:

"To all of you who came down for my final arc party, I couldn't have asked for a greater way to end what has been the most amazing and unforgettable residency. That was EXACTLY the party I was hoping for ... the Wizard waving his orb from the speaker, the "Danny" girls on the other speaker,... But all I wanted to say was thankyou for being a MAJOR part of what has been an amazing couple of years for me - .... Anyway, I'll leave it at that, but again - thankyou SO MUCH to all of you, I'll miss seeing you every month but, as I've said many times, New York is my favourite city, so don't expect me to ever stay away too long - because I won't.
Much love. Danny xox"

Click Here to See the Profile for Annie9351 Click here to Send Annie9351 a Private Message Find more posts by Annie9351 Add Annie9351 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
Sara2214
Excited for WMC 09!

Find other members from Greece   This member is a f. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

nudity My Review...

Ok, here is my review...

Well the night started out great. Ann and Jeremy arrived at we were parked (in a BANGING spot) and at the bar by 9:30. Shortly after people started arriving. We go to meet Kermit and chat with him, and then some DC peeps. We had quite the meetup at the bar and just mingled and headed over.

The line was wack - people with tickets mailed to them had no wait, while those with Internet printed tickets had to wait about an hour. It really wasn't that bad though, we were in about 12 or so (?) and all was good.
Checked my coat while seeing an ex b/f from like 5 years ago who I used to go to SF with every weekend. Wild.

Louis Diaz opened and was descent - a good setup for PvD. I didn't really pay attention to him spinning, but it was good.

Mingled by the back bar with all 100 of us - the club was PACKED from the second I got in until about 5:00. It was SO hot and you couldn't move. We just dealt with it though. I was definitely drenched in sweat when I started dancing.
I thought the first half of Paul's set was OK - I was not blown away by it, but it was not bad. I was definitely hoping for more though. He started out solid, then built to a more trancey, fluffy, slow, progressive sound - we would be dancing then he would just bring it really slow down and I'd have to stop. It was OK though. Still fun and good to listen to.
Then around 5:00 or so he started picking it up again, and then BAMN! He banged it out till he closed. I was soooo happy. I think he was just waiting for the drunks to leave so it could clear out a bit and he could start the REAL party.
It was so nice when it did clear out - leaving us more room to dance. We danced in the middle of the floor for hours - I was up on the speaker for a while, having a blast, till I got kicked off. Enjoyed dancing up there with Jess (prplhz) and having her slap my ass. Lol.

From about 6:30 - 8:30 Paul put me in "the state". It is a "state" he doesn't always get me too, but the few times he has, I have just been blown away. The way he builds up, breaks down, the crowd goes wild - his total control. The full lights go on for a moment and you can see the entire crowd. There were two specific moments in the the night that resembled Space/WMC PvD moments - he dropped a SICK track that was just so hard and phenomenal that had me doubled over in awe, laughter, and joy. The last was during the end of the set and I looked around and everyone was just in awe also. I have no idea what these two tracks were, but damn, they were hot. He just kept us dancing.

I didn't feel like this set was as much as "journey" as some of his previous shows. It was progressive, to light trancey, to harder trancey, to hard trance/techy at the end. It was great though.
A few times when I stopped dancing I just shut my eyes and was in another world.
And I loved watching him up close - looking at him dance, smile, but all into it, watch the crowd. He totally knows what he was doing.

Track selection was great. I was very appreciative that only ONCE the entire night did he repeat a track. It was "Time of Our Lives" and him repeating it fit. NBU at the end fit well also, and I was pleased to hear it only once, and only then.
Spotted some tracks, Born Slippy, Another Way, Crush, Lexicon, Avenue, Autumm, Wavy Gravy, Nothing but You, Face to Face, played some tracks from POD CD, hmmm and I am sure Gaaf and others will have a full list later. I recognized many of them throughout the night but didn't think of names at the moment.

I had hoped for one more encore when the lights came up - thought he would do it too. Oh well.

As soon as he stepped down from the decks I got an autograph - sure, it was on some ghetto, ripped piece of paper, but hey - it was the first time meeting him, I needed something. I told him he rocked and the end of his set was amazing and he just looked at me and smiled. That was enough for me. poodance:

Headed out and said goobye to everyone (so sorry about your car, Gaaf), then headed to Ruben and Olgas with Teraflops, unconnected, Ann, Jeremy, Matt and Nicki to chill. Had lots of fun and laughs, . Got home at 6pm.

The night was great. I honestly live for those nights. I cannot wait until he comes back! What a solid 6.25 hour set!

I give the night an 8.78/10 because the first half of the set was a bit weaker, but still good.

Thanks to Ann and Gina for all our bracelets!

Of course, the night was complete due to seeing all of you there: Mr. Bigglesworth, the4hacker, Overseas (yay!), Ruben, Olga, Tini, Annie and Jeremy, Matrim and Nikki, Teraflops, Vicman, LustE, yallz, Jess, Dan, prplhz, Mike, George, Kitty19, fraduch, unconnected, Bwags, Neophyte and Daveraver, Mateo, Frost, Gaaf, Warren, Ken, Crank, Paul, Allusion, Charlie - and sorry if I forgot anyone.

Nice to meet Kermit, DR. No, Rockyblue, Tracegirl and skyglitter, and Pacha from the GLow board =- sorry I didn't get to meet any other GLow peeps! I know I met some other people too but can't recall.

We had SUCH a crew - it was awesome!
Charita, Tj5, Puffa, T0, and anyone else who was not there, we missed you.

"Sometimes, we need to listen to our heads rather than our hearts because our hearts leap before they look." [/I]

"Actions speak louder than words."

www.hidden-recordings.com

Click Here to See the Profile for Sara2214 Click here to Send Sara2214 a Private Message Visit Sara2214's homepage! Find more posts by Sara2214 Add Sara2214 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
Pacha4life
too many festivals such little time

Find other members from United States  

Re: My Review...

There were two specific moments in the the night that resembled Space/WMC PvD moments - he dropped a SICK track that was just so hard and phenomenal that had me doubled over in awe, laughter, and joy. The last was during the end of the set and I looked around and everyone was just in awe also. I have no idea what these two tracks were, but damn, they were hot. He just kept us dancing.

ditto....at times i caught myself not dancing and just staring at him in AWWW with my jaws dropped down..i'm pretty sure we're talkign about the same tracks......

here's my 2 bits
he f#$#Ingr rocked, he was a phenom, master at the decks, controlled the crowd, breathetaking,damn i'm gonna have to go to the thesaurus for some more words......
There were some tracks on there that i can't id, and i'm pissed because i have the mp3 but no tracklist.....it was amazing how he dropped break beats house and some hard knockng shit....Toward the end of the nite....he played an awesome mix of a spanish song....U KNOW WHICH ONE IT IS....the crowd went nuts.

so we went to the pre party at the brewery were i met up with some friends and ran into sara and her friend and kermit and a few others i can't recall the names.

A friend from sweden dind't have a ticket so we decided to head to the club early (11:00, in march at the roxy i was in line at 11 and probably only the 50th person), this time the were two lines with a ton of happy/cold people. that where i ran into amy, janette,cole,and joann.

When PVD came on i was all the way up front and a friend and I yelled "we love you PVD" at the top of our lungs and he looked at us and smiled hahahahahaha that was awesome. Did he ever interact with crowd...i think this is the first time i saw pvd dance on stage.....The crowd got overwhelming so i moved to the side of the stage where we danced all nite. Just when i thought i was energy...he dropped some tracks that picked me right up. I was sad/happy when it ended....and i got my cream amnesia flyer signed again....i should have got the vandit shirt signed damn

rating 9.5/10.

THIS NITE COMPARES TO OR IS BETTER THAT CREAM AMNESIA 9/4.....

shoutouts pvdkid,glitter,sky,jerseygirl,cole,franco,sara,herman, tim,albert,faith/don/jody(albany) it was good seeing you guys again. Trancealaut nice meeting you.
A lil tired so if i missed anyone sowwy...i will remember and edit this message

yep and then there was AVB..i flew back to DC at 6:30 and didnt' wanna go out i was beat....but things changed ...and i went and sooon as i got there i wasnt' tired anymore .

me and pvd Cream Amnesia Sep 4th in VIP-best night ever
love this quote:
"if music if life, and trance is the religion, then PVD is our GOD. amazing set, amazing night...enough said"-petepish TA new york

Click Here to See the Profile for Pacha4life Click here to Send Pacha4life a Private Message Find more posts by Pacha4life Add Pacha4life to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
translucent
Webmaster
Lord of Laziness

Find other members from United States   This member is single. To change your relationship status, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences. This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

Re: Re: My Review...

Originally posted by Pacha4life
...Toward the end of the nite....he played an awesome mix of a spanish song....U KNOW WHICH ONE IT IS....the crowd went nuts...

That's Ruff Drivers feat Arrola - Dreaming (Percussion Mix), an older track that I first heard in Ibiza a few years back. One of my faves.

"Tresor never sleeps"

Click Here to See the Profile for translucent Click here to Send translucent a Private Message Visit translucent's homepage! Find more posts by translucent Add translucent to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

Find other members from Mexico   This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

werd

had a great time, must do it again soon.

vicman ~ fastest in all of mexico

NOW LISTENING TO:

Flight 643 (Oroginal Mix) - Tiesto ~~~ EPIC!!!

That Look - DeLacy (Tsettos & Santana mix) - Denny Tsettos ~~~ MASSIVE!!!

Let The Sun Shine (JP Remix) - Fifth Dimension ~~~ FIERCE!!!

Air For Life (System F redub) - Andy Moore and Above and Beyond ~~~ MAGICAL!!!

When Epicness is Missing From Your Life - EPICRX IS THERE FOR YOU. RECOMMENDED AND ENDORSED BY ANDY MOORE.

"I don't feel old. I don't feel anything till noon. That's when it's time for my nap." ~ Andy 'muthafokin' Moore

"When I need my weather, there is only one place I turn to: EPIC Weather. On the Weather Channel." ~ Andy 'muthafokin' Moore

Lets watch Dom promise joining the Armed Forces, then back out 5 minutes later.

DOM:
I would be willing to enlist, unlike you, point proven .I said it in 2001 and my stance hasn't changed, If somebody attacks American on our soil and gets on tv or net and says come get us you Yankee p*ssies. I would join the military in 2 seconds.

Al-Qaeda isnt a country moron. They are a global organizations of scumbags.

First of all bin ladon didn't take credit for attacks in 2001, he denied it until 2004. When was he elected president of Afghanistan?2000?If so hes had a great 11 run so far... Considering hes been rumored to be in Pakistan for years, he doesn't fit into either of my criteria's.

Dom's daily to do list:

1- Kiss his "wife" on his way out of his house
2- Blame everything on Obama
3- Give no credit to Obama, even when Bin Laden, al-Awlaki, and Gaddafi were taken care of
3- Dump all his work on his secretary
4- Twitter, facebook for 2 hours
5- Post on Yankee/Jets/Knicks blogs
6 - Read conservative blogs and watch Fox
7- Select items from said sources that he lift and pass on as his own
8- Get schooled on his ignorance everyday
9- Spray tan so he's ready to club 24/7/365 for the next epic party that he will attend

Click Here to See the Profile for vicman Click here to Send vicman a Private Message Find more posts by vicman Add vicman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
Pacha4life

Re: Re: Re: My Review...

Originally posted by translucent
That's Ruff Drivers feat Arrola - Dreaming (Percussion Mix), an older track that I first heard in Ibiza a few years back. One of my faves.

thanks gotta find it now nice meeting you and olga last nite

love this quote:
"if music if life, and trance is the religion, then PVD is our GOD. amazing set, amazing night...enough said"-petepish TA new york

Click Here to See the Profile for Pacha4life Click here to Send Pacha4life a Private Message Find more posts by Pacha4life Add Pacha4life to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
translucent
Webmaster
Lord of Laziness

Re: Re: Re: Re: My Review...

Originally posted by Pacha4life
thanks gotta find it now nice meeting you and olga last nite

Nice meeting you as well. The track is on a few of the sets on our media server (unfortunately, the FTP is busted at the moment and only streaming works). It's the next to last track on PvD's Nature ONE 2003 set.

"Tresor never sleeps"

GirlieGirl
valley of ice

This member is taken or not dating. To change your relationship status, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

Re: My Review...

I was very appreciative that only ONCE the entire night did he repeat a track. It was "Time of Our Lives" and him repeating it fit.

I think he played that pretty piano track twice... I only remember that because I loooooove it though I don't know the name.

Click Here to See the Profile for GirlieGirl Click here to Send GirlieGirl a Private Message Find more posts by GirlieGirl Add GirlieGirl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
neophyte

OMG where do I start, PVD was simply AMAZING, he is truly the DJ GOD. That was one of the best nights of my life. I could've died a happy man. Luis Diaz started the night off good, but when PVD came on it was over for me. Those last 2 and a half hours were bananas, I literally lost my mind. The way he was dropping those beats was incredible. Of course every bone in my body was hurting from all that dancing. But thats just the half of the fun, of course I met up with the wonderful Groovanauts. It was nice to meet some of you for th first time and many of you from before.

Special shout outs to: Olga - one of the most nicest and prettiest woman on the planet you made my night that much more fun, Ruben the coolest webmaster around again you rule, Ken and Gina always a pleasure seeing you all, Annie and Sara - two of hottest dancers around, Gaaf - the man with my medicine , George in Jersey, Jorge and Yosra in NYC thanks for letting me crash the weekend, Girlie Girl tons of fun, glittergirl and skytrancegirl hope you enjoyed Armin Saturday, Overseas you truly rock, Warren - I would party with you any day of the week, Shahob keep on dancing and being hilarious, Marivel my new dancing partner, Lust e, Matt, Jeremy, Charlie, and everyone else I met - sorry if I forgot any names.

Saturday I was suppose to go to Avalon. Met up with Overseas, Gaaf, Matt, George, Jorge, Yosra, Chris, Shahob, Marivel and some others. Made it to the front door and turned around and went back home and chilled the rest of the night. All that said it was a GREAT weekend and I hope we all can do it again some time. Much love to all my Groovanauts family.

Click Here to See the Profile for neophyte Click here to Send neophyte a Private Message Find more posts by neophyte Add neophyte to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
team j5

Click Here to See the Profile for team j5 Click here to Send team j5 a Private Message Find more posts by team j5 Add team j5 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
Frost

Find other members from South Korea  

that whole print out line was a fucking fiasco. the line did not move one inch for like the first 30 minutes i was on it.

was i the only one that didn't like the set? i thought it was too much of the hard-ass bang bang. very aggressive. felt like it had no soul.

really nice seeing everyone and meeting some new folk. it was really nice to see so many gnauts in that back section, the most comfortable place in the whole club. girliegirl, thanks for putting up with my ass and sorry for spilling the water on you! i was a mess.

Click Here to See the Profile for Frost Click here to Send Frost a Private Message Find more posts by Frost Add Frost to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
tiny butterfli

This member is a f. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

Well there isn't much to say that hasn't been said already. Paul van Dyk proved that he is still at the top of his game and just when you think he's getting predictable he changes things so much its almost like he becomes a different dj! Anyone who saw him on Friday will never be able to deny the effect he has on a crowd, the amount of energy he brings to a room and how much his fans really love him.

The thing I enjoyed most about Friday night/Saturday morning was being with all of you. You are what make the PvD nights truly special. I love you guys!!!

Extra thanks to Olga & Matty for your TLC

~midnight is where the day begins~

"We'll have a party to celebrate your Mexicality." - Michael to Oscar, The Office

Click Here to See the Profile for tiny butterfli Click here to Send tiny butterfli a Private Message Find more posts by tiny butterfli Add tiny butterfli to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
Annie9351
ANSTER!

Find other members from Italy   This member is a f. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

SO MUCH FUN! too lazy to type a full review--Sara pretty much summed it up! What made the night was the GN fam! EVERYONE was there and it rocked! So awesome to hang with such a big crowd! Can't wait to do it again--great seeing everyone and meeting some new faces! Love you all!

D-A-N-N-Y

"To all of you who came down for my final arc party, I couldn't have asked for a greater way to end what has been the most amazing and unforgettable residency. That was EXACTLY the party I was hoping for ... the Wizard waving his orb from the speaker, the "Danny" girls on the other speaker,... But all I wanted to say was thankyou for being a MAJOR part of what has been an amazing couple of years for me - .... Anyway, I'll leave it at that, but again - thankyou SO MUCH to all of you, I'll miss seeing you every month but, as I've said many times, New York is my favourite city, so don't expect me to ever stay away too long - because I won't.
Much love. Danny xox"

Click Here to See the Profile for Annie9351 Click here to Send Annie9351 a Private Message Find more posts by Annie9351 Add Annie9351 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
Pacha4life

Originally posted by tiny butterfli
Well there isn't much to say that hasn't been said already. Paul van Dyk proved that he is still at the top of his game and just when you think he's getting predictable he changes things so much its almost like he becomes a different dj! Anyone who saw him on Friday will never be able to deny the effect he has on a crowd, the amount of energy he brings to a room and how much his fans really love him.

The thing I enjoyed most about Friday night/Saturday morning was being with all of you. You are what make the PvD nights truly special. I love you guys!!!

Extra thanks to Olga & Matty for your TLC

WELLLLLLLL SAID :rollsmile ..... defintely not his typical set and that's why he f#$#ing rocked...and maybe it wasn't pure PVD with the amount of water he was drinking and the bang bang agressive style amazed me and i loved it wowww!!!! there are some pics from PVD i posted up have a look

amazing nite

love this quote:

kken
in search of my boy blue

Find other members from South Korea  

everyone already summed it up. i had fun, didn't lose my cellphone, and had my sunglasses at the end for when we walked out. nuff said. oh, gaff, your car is cursed. sell it and buy an echo.

"it's got a funky beat... and i can BUG OUT to it!"

Click Here to See the Profile for kken Click here to Send kken a Private Message Find more posts by kken Add kken to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
vicman
Commie Tax Hiker

Find other members from Mexico   This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

Originally posted by kken
everyone already summed it up. i had fun, didn't lose my cellphone, and had my sunglasses at the end for when we walked out. nuff said. oh, gaff, your car is cursed. sell it and buy an echo.

you were also smiling uncontrolably. :p

vicman ~ fastest in all of mexico

NOW LISTENING TO:

Flight 643 (Oroginal Mix) - Tiesto ~~~ EPIC!!!

That Look - DeLacy (Tsettos & Santana mix) - Denny Tsettos ~~~ MASSIVE!!!

Let The Sun Shine (JP Remix) - Fifth Dimension ~~~ FIERCE!!!

Air For Life (System F redub) - Andy Moore and Above and Beyond ~~~ MAGICAL!!!

When Epicness is Missing From Your Life - EPICRX IS THERE FOR YOU. RECOMMENDED AND ENDORSED BY ANDY MOORE.

"I don't feel old. I don't feel anything till noon. That's when it's time for my nap." ~ Andy 'muthafokin' Moore

"When I need my weather, there is only one place I turn to: EPIC Weather. On the Weather Channel." ~ Andy 'muthafokin' Moore

Lets watch Dom promise joining the Armed Forces, then back out 5 minutes later.

DOM:
I would be willing to enlist, unlike you, point proven .I said it in 2001 and my stance hasn't changed, If somebody attacks American on our soil and gets on tv or net and says come get us you Yankee p*ssies. I would join the military in 2 seconds.

Al-Qaeda isnt a country moron. They are a global organizations of scumbags.

First of all bin ladon didn't take credit for attacks in 2001, he denied it until 2004. When was he elected president of Afghanistan?2000?If so hes had a great 11 run so far... Considering hes been rumored to be in Pakistan for years, he doesn't fit into either of my criteria's.

Dom's daily to do list:

1- Kiss his "wife" on his way out of his house
2- Blame everything on Obama
3- Give no credit to Obama, even when Bin Laden, al-Awlaki, and Gaddafi were taken care of
3- Dump all his work on his secretary
4- Twitter, facebook for 2 hours
5- Post on Yankee/Jets/Knicks blogs
6 - Read conservative blogs and watch Fox
7- Select items from said sources that he lift and pass on as his own
8- Get schooled on his ignorance everyday
9- Spray tan so he's ready to club 24/7/365 for the next epic party that he will attend

Click Here to See the Profile for vicman Click here to Send vicman a Private Message Find more posts by vicman Add vicman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
tiny butterfli

This member is a f. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

Re: Re: Re: My Review...

Originally posted by translucent

that is one of the tracks I was most hoping to hear. SO HAPPY he dropped it! He closed his Avalon Boston set with it in August. Amazing track!

~midnight is where the day begins~

"We'll have a party to celebrate your Mexicality." - Michael to Oscar, The Office

Click Here to See the Profile for tiny butterfli Click here to Send tiny butterfli a Private Message Find more posts by tiny butterfli Add tiny butterfli to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
Aiko
Softer, Slower, Weaker

Find other members from United States   This member is a m. To change your gender indicator, click on the Prefs button at the top of the page and edit your preferences.

What's left to say? What an amazing night. So good seeing everyone again, all you guys are absolute riots! I thought PVD was just ridiculous, a mind-blowing set -- Dark, hard, relentles with just the right amount of classics (Another Way, Born Slippy, Face to Face, Lexicon 4 - Reach Me ). He didn't kill the new album, and seemed to be in an amazing mood. The vibe was great albeit a little crowded. So many hands in the air and happy faces. Did anyone see the fogged up mirrors behind the couches we were hangin by?

Neither I nor Kken lost our phones, but George did. And we gave him a bigger ovation than PVD got when he got on. Sadly, I think my little brother has finally reached full stalker status. I did not see him all night, and when I spotted him, I was informed he had bribed some bouncer $60 to let him stand right behind the booth the entire night. At one point he and Paul started playing "air-piano" together. Our parents would be so proud. :p

"I'm sorry for your loss... Your mother was a terribly attractive woman"

If I told you things I did before
told you how I used to be
would you go along with someone like me?
If you knew my story word for word
had all of my history
would you go along with someone like me?

Upcoming Gigs:
[02.07.09] w/ Hybrid @ Love

http://www.myspace.com/danyveltri

Click Here to See the Profile for Aiko Click here to Send Aiko a Private Message Find more posts by Aiko Add Aiko to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote
Annie9351
ANSTER!

OMG, your bro is hysterical! you're just jealous you didn't think of that first! haha, and poor george, is that all you lost? your cell and a pack of cigarettes? ah well, it was inevitable!

D-A-N-N-Y

Much love. Danny xox"

bwags

I agree with what everyone else said....what a SICK night!! No need going into a review because you all can read ones before mine.

Being with everyone made the night that much more special. The only word I could say to myself all night to sum it up was magnificent. There aren't many times in my life in which I've used that word to describe an experience, but Friday night was one of them. I knew it was going to be one of those nights when were were all chilling on the back couches and it just felt like family. Everything was just right with the world...

"You work hard all week waiting for Friday. Now the time comes to be yourself, and get lost in the music." -unknown Twilohead at PVD 11.8.00

"All I want to do, as desparately and joyfully as possible, is fill my life with unusual experiences -- make my life full of challenges and accept them." -- DJM 1.4.05

Click Here to See the Profile for bwags Click here to Send bwags a Private Message Find more posts by bwags Add bwags to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message add to multiple quote reply: Reply w/Quote