Okay folks. Here it is. Many of you have asked me to give a full report about the PvD and Tiesto party last night in Ibiza. And, another handful of you are tired of hearing how much fun I am having while you continue on with your miserable lives. For the latter, stop reading here.
Last night's party was fucking incredible. After spending the day at Playa Des Salines in front of a bevy of beautiful naked girls, smoking a little something something, and taking a nap under the hot sun, I decide that it was time to get my groove on at IMHO the best club on the planet, Amnesia for Tiesto and PvD, 3 hours each. I rolled over there at about 12:30am and found my friends at about 1am immediately after Tiesto came on. The first track that he dropped was one of my favorites, although I don't know the name. I think from Positiva (Sasha drops it all the time these days). It was a good start and got me hopping to the soulful beat right away. I recorded it on my cellphone so I'll get an ID from Raven for you all later. Tiesto slowly started pumping things up but he didn't bang hard like I thought he would. It was more of a rollercoaster ride of banging tunes and then some euphoric, "this is for you crackheads," fluffy tunes. It was a good set, but I think some of you Tiesto critics would have been disappointed. For his last song he dropped this one song that has been the topic of much debate lately. It´s the song that Overseas has been trying to get an ID on for the last 2 weeks. I recorded 15secs of it so I think Raven will be able to help out (again) when I get back to the US. Tiesto spun for 3 hours and overall I´d give him a B+. It was a great set, but I never got totally lost in the music.
At around 4am, PvD came on to a round of HUGE applause. The difference in the style of PvD and Tiesto was so apparent. PvD started banging hard right away. It was incredible. Every song was like "Holy Shit!" The crowd was eating it up. He'd spin hard like that for about an hour, then go into something of a buildup, then the NO2 machine would blast the club to about 50 degress colder in one second while Paul dropped bomb after bomb on the crowd. It was probably the second best set from him I've ever heard. Slightly better than his Space in Miami set at this years WMC. Much harder than what I'm used to from him. Another plus was that he spun for a one hour encore until 8am. His fourth hour was a lot softer than his first 3, but still really tight. He closed with a set of 3 songs which just blew my cracked out mind. Thank God that I recorded it so I can get a song ID later.
At 8am, I walked out to the sunshine and drove over to Space for the Cream afterparty. I met some friends in the parking lot, but when I heard the music, it just wasn't the same. So I decided to save my 35 Euros and call it a night. What a night it was.
Some other incidents worth noting.
1. The main Amnesia dancer was so fucking hot and possibly the best dancer I have ever seen. She was on the terrace and I was right under her on the floor, but I swear she was staring at me while she was dancing the whole night. It felt like we were connected and dancing close even though she was about 20 feet away. I'm in LOVE!
2. I recognized 3 porn stars that were partying together, a she-male (don't ask) and 2 dudes. I was hoping to bump into some other porn stars of my persuasion, but it didn't happen. Oh well.
3. Jennifer Lopez was supposedly running around. Maybe looking to blow off some steam after her recent divorce? I was hoping to bump into her too but it didn't happen.
4. Paul looked at me from the DJ booth with the "this guy is fucking stalking me look." I've seen him 4 times in the last month each in a different country so I think he's starting to get the wrong idea.
5. Amnesia put in a new sound system this year which is really top notch. It's better than anything that I've heard. With the exception of course of Phazon. Why doesn't the world just get Phazon? Unfortunately, Paul blew out a speaker about 2 hours into his set so there was some minor cracking that could be heard until they turned that speaker off.
Anyway, there you go. Tonight is Radio 1 at San Antonio Beach. Tomorrow, Special Saturday Manumission with Sasha on the decks. The theme is Manumission The Musical, a night of fishnet stockings and caberet. Sunday is We Love Sundays @ Space (No Sasha ). And, Monday is Manumission: The History of Ibiza. Peace.
comments: [discuss this article] [previous articles]